Thread: At what point does Bears turn on Tunsil for being a big stupid?

vCash

At what point does Bears turn on Tunsil for being a big stupid?

I say the day after they get hammered.

vCash
    I would say yeah.

Someone floated the theory that Freeze told Tunsil just to tell the truth, and Laremy took him at his word, not realizing that Freeze meant to tell the truth about the bong and lie about all the other shit.. I can just about believe that is what happened.

vCash
    I agree. At what point do they turn on the Righteous Rev. Freezus?

vCash
    IMO, Laremy isn't the stupid one here. Think about it. When you are paid to attend a university, you really have no loyalty to said university. He got what he went to Ole Miss to get. Outside of the broken ankle against TCU, he kept himself relatively healthy and became a 1st round pick in the NFL.

Now, with everything that has come out, he is trying his best to be forthright and honest about things. That is what will ultimately turn the Ole Miss people against him.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    i've seen multiple comments from bears saying they hope his legs get broken

vCash
    Not until they are standing around staring at the mess that this made. Until then, everyone is golden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    IMO, Laremy isn't the stupid one here. Think about it. When you are paid to attend a university, you really have no loyalty to said university. He got what he went to Ole Miss to get. Outside of the broken ankle against TCU, he kept himself relatively healthy and became a 1st round pick in the NFL.

Now, with everything that has come out, he is trying his best to be forthright and honest about things. That is what will ultimately turn the Ole Miss people against him.
    I think he was told the truth was the best option for him but not to answer anything more than he had to. I don't think he expected that question so he stuck with the game plan of own up to the truth and go forward. He still played for 3 years at UNM whether he was just bought or not, he would have to develop some kind of loyalty toward the school. It may not be like most people but he would still have friends on the team that he doesn't want to dick over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    I would say yeah.

Someone floated the theory that Freeze told Tunsil just to tell the truth, and Laremy took him at his word, not realizing that Freeze meant to tell the truth about the bong and lie about all the other shit.. I can just about believe that is what happened.
    That's exactly what happened. At the time, Freeze had no idea about the screen shots of the texts I'm sure. He jawed with Tunsil about the video and told him to be honest. Tunsil was a little more honest than Freeze was wanting him to be evidently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post

I think that's about right. As of the draft selection, he was a Miami Dolphin (and an instant millionaire to boot), and no longer a Bear. I think he meant to come clean, especially when asked the question directly.