Thread: How big of a crowd does a MSU - USM Super Regional draw...

vCash

How big of a crowd does a MSU - USM Super Regional draw...

I know we were matched up against them earlier in the year in a super regional but the new D1baseball predications just came out with MSU as the #5 Seed (USC and FSU are 7-8 and most vulnerably fyi)
    We would have (2)ULL , (3)Wake Forest, (4) Alabama St.

USM would have (2)Ok State, (3) USA, (4)VCU.

Would a USM series draw a crowd to break the record?

vCash
    It very well could. I'm not really sure what they average on their home attendance but I would think it could get close to the record. Having said that didn't the mustard buzzards just have an ace pitcher go down with an injury? Going to be a tough road ahead if so.

vCash
    I doubt the record would fall with the students out of town.

I did wonder when I saw the temporary bleachers installed for the SEC softball tournament if bringing in some of those would be feasible for a regional/super/super bulldog weekend. When we draw record crowds, a bunch of the SRO folks can't even see the field.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    I think we'll break the record no matter who we play in a super.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I think we'll break the record no matter who we play in a super.

^^^^This
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    I doubt the record would fall with the students out of town.

I did wonder when I saw the temporary bleachers installed for the SEC softball tournament if bringing in some of those would be feasible for a regional/super/super bulldog weekend. When we draw record crowds, a bunch of the SRO folks can't even see the field.
    Theres nowhere to put any more bleachers at Dudy Noble. Where would you put them in RF? on the slanted hill behind the lounge?

and you are correct... when you cram 15k in there.. some people views are gonna be behind the vehicles in the lounge.. peeking through wherever or just enjoying being there.

vCash
    If we host it won't matter who we play. We will sell every ticket we are allowed to sell.

vCash
    If we host a super we will break the record one of the games.

vCash
    The largest crowd ever at a game was the super against Clemson. I don't give a rats ass what they announced the attendance as. That crowd was suffocating it was so big. And yes, bigger than game against rebels last year, too me

vCash
    At the Saturday game during SBW, there were at least 7-800 (probably more) folks watching the game on the jumbotron behind the 3rd base line bleachers. There were no places you could even stand and see the game live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The largest crowd ever at a game was the super against Clemson. I don't give a rats ass what they announced the attendance as. That crowd was suffocating it was so big. And yes, bigger than game against rebels last year, too me
    I was there and stood next to the fence in front of the 1st base bleachers. There was not a single foot of wiggle room behind the gates anywhere in Dudy Noble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't know if it was AS Large but I know for both of those games...you get to your seat in LFL if you have one and you dont move... I ended up getting up and heading toward the LF fence from the 2nd row of rigs in the LF... so I would be closer to the field for the final inning... I was standing right next to Elliott who was one of the first people over the fence waving his flag all the wall to the mound when we won.. I watched for a few seconds to make sure he didnt get tackled and then followed suit..

As far as attendance, Might not been as big as SBW for the Super regional but it was way more than the announced. I think we opened the gate in the 6th inning when we stopped selling tickets and it just crazy full.

I mean there really is a point where you can't squeeze anymore in the outfield.. I would say we are close..we are way past the point of being out there and having a good viewing angle.

vCash
    Considering USM only has like a dozen or so fans, I don't think their fan base will help set any records....

vCash
    We should break the record by 10 fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We have as many in the left field then they do their entire stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

+1