Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Network- Part 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't know but all of these UNM under the table recruiting shenanigans have more intrigue than a Robert Ludlum novel.
    You just described how Freezus will make a living after coaching....the book simply writes itself at this point. He would make a killing off telling this story!!!!!! Then he can get residuals from the movie.

Now that I think about it, he has as much talent developing films as Spielberg. "The Blind Side" and "The Crooked Side". He may even get Oscar nominated for the 2nd one.....

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Just an elitedawgs conspiracy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Does Oregon and Maryland use Nike and Under Armor sponsorship deals similar? If you are a high rated recruit, the coach can almost guarantee a Nike deal once your eligibility is up? I recently saw where Coach K recruits that Duke alumni will take care of you for the rest of your life. I am guessing he means job connections but who knows.
    And what he's telling them is most likely true too. A Duke degree is worth a lot more than one from Ole Miss, and I suspect that, while their basketball players probably aren't the normal smart kids that the university requires, still don't represent much of an academic risk and have no trouble qualifying. I read somewhere where they have a program for basketball players where they can get a degree in 3 years (with intensive study). They know a lot of them will leave after their junior year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joedog View Post
    Looking at who players eventually sign as an agent does not give a clear picture of what could be truly going on.

Just because Jesse Mitchel may have been Tunsil's "finacial advisor" or "bagman" does not mean Jesse would become his agent down the road. What if Jesse just had Tunsil in is pocket and could deliver him to an agent for a referral fee. That's how he would get his ROI. Having OM players hire just OM agents would be a dead giveaway something fishy was going on.

Invest 200k for 3 years to gain a players trust and be able to deliver him to agent "X" for a referral fee of 500k. Player gets paid while in college and the booster gets his money back plus some down the road. Works like a well oiled machine.

Unless the player is dumb enough to go against his "financial advisor" and sign with a different agent where the "financial advisor" does not get his referral fee. And player is also dumb enough to give the "financial advisor" access to incriminating video and texts that he makes public due to him losing out on his referral fee.
    And to "clean" the money trail you log the $500k down as billable hours in your firm and boom!

vCash
    This thread changed me from lurker into poster, because I think you guys are on to something, but are missing a few points.

Here's my hypothesis:

Let's just assume for the moment that the "Network" operates by finding booster "sponsors" for elite recruits. Obviously, what the sponsors are willing to put out depends upon the talent of the individual recruit and how badly UNM needs them. The biggest fish require the best bait. So, you have at least three huge fish in the 2013 class. These big time boosters are on the hook for a lot here. Just imagine for a minute that two of them might be in a financial position where supporting these high-priced five stars is comfortable and one is maybe reaching a little bit beyond what's comfortable because he's been an UNM football fan all his life and he thinks this new plan is a good one and possibly the best chance he'll ever have at seeing his old school compete for a natty.

Besides, he has a plan that just might make this all work. (I think for this to make the most sense, we have to assume that the "agent" plan isn't a built-in feature of 'The Network', but rather one rogue, dipshit booster's brainchild). For the sake of clarity, let's refer to dipshit Booster as 'Booster X'. Maybe Booster X is a former player who thinks he'd make a great sports agent, maybe he's just a good-ole boy businessman with connections to upstart sports agents willing to pay a larger-than-average finders in return for a desperately needed, make-or-break big name client. In any event, Booster X has been watching football all his life and realizes that LT is the closest thing to a sure bet he's ever seen, so he signs on to sponsor him, but doesn't inform the rest of the network (or Freeze) about his intentions. Perhaps he fears that Freeze and co. will see his investment plan as too great a risk for the program and might try to shut down his good thing, perhaps he's just a gentlemanly good ole boy who doesn't discuss the unpleasantries of how one makes one's money, perhaps he's afraid that other boosters finding out about his brilliant scheme might make it harder for him to pluck the sure bets for himself in the future. Anyway, he doesn't let everyone else know what's going on. Besides, this is a deal between him and stepfather, right? The fewer people in on the deal, the easier everything works, the greater the deniability.

So, Booster X pays rent on a big home, leases on the family's cars, he gets them the phones and perks that they need, little by little, never in a giant lump sum. That protects him against greater loss in case of an injury or an unforeseeable (and unimaginable) bust. But this guy keeps things up to date. LT gets the rides he wants, everything paid for. When a new Phone comes out, he just takes his old one to Booster X and they swap the sim card into the new one right there.

LT joins up and becomes the big deal that Booster X always knew he would be. His satisfaction in his own brilliance and anticipation of his coming payday grow by the hour. But, the spotlight and all of the talk about "#1 draft pick" creates complications in the plan.

Maybe Freeze, without knowing about Booster X's arrangement, and wanting to ensure that his top recruits make the biggest splash in the NFL draft, thus bringing the biggest media return to his developing program, starts putting ideas in LT's head about Jimmy Sexton. He's the best sports agent in the business. He'll make sure you wind up where you need to be and you get the best deal you can possibly get out of it. LT tells whoever - Freeze, network intermediary - well, yeah, that sounds great but I'm supposed to sign with Agent Y. This is when the Network finds out about Booster X's plan, and they go crazy. Perhaps they underestimate how much Booster X really needs/has anticipated this payday and say "Look, I hate to bust your bubble, but you can't do this." Either a) having an agent that's a former UNM player just smacks of impropriety and we've already got the NCAA breathing down our necks or b) involving uncontrollable outside agents in the Network is just asking for disaster. Also, this plan isn't in the best interest of either the player or the program at large.

Fortunately, they carefully designed their system so that nobody was really supposed to have any incriminating evidence, so Booster X is frozen out of the program for his dumb idea and LT goes with Jimmy Sexton. Booster X is furious, but there's not a lot he can do about it (yet...). The Network thinks it's dodged a bullet by handling this so cleanly.

However, the timing of this situation is a bit awkward for the Network. All of the big time 'sponsors' are tied up at the moment, working on the 2016 class, and now LT is left without anyone to pay for all of the stuff that Booster X was covering. But, they'll manage to work something out and the important thing is that the Network is protected.

I firmly believe that the texts released on Instagram were from the awkward period of transition after Booster X was cut loose. They're trying to clean up a messy situation and could only come up with a really awkward, dangerous (but hopefully very temporary) 'quick fix'.

So LT has to cut back. Where before everything was all expenses paid, now he's having to have people scrape up the rent payments and enough to cover mama's light bill. Maybe after a couple of months the squeeze finally gets to stepdad and he decides to have it out with LT for fouling up his sweet deal that he had with Booster X.

What the Network & co. didn't realize is that LT was such a dummy that he didn't wipe his phone before he traded it into Booster X for a new one, and that an old device with passwords to access the cloud was making the frozen-out Booster X privy to all that awkward shit that LT was discussing through that very same cloud on his new device.

Game. Set. Match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    And to "clean" the money trail you log the $500k down as billable hours in your firm and boom!
    Ill say again. There had to be some money laundering going on. You don't move that much under the table money in plain sight.

vCash
    Just remember, former OM guy that was at under armour now works for sexton.

vCash
    HawgDawg - nice spin on the hypothesis, but it doesn't follow logic. With the news Freeze doesn't want to testify under oath, then why would he have any reason to hide? This wasn't some rogue booster thinking he's hit the jackpot. This was a well-oiled, thought out plan that would have kept working had they not gotten sloppy and if Tunsil wasn't so mentally challenged.

NO ONE could have scripted how Draft Night was going to go down. The timing and pieces clicked in a way that it has painted the OM faithful into a corner that even the football brass can't talk their way out of. You want to know why - Tunsil told the truth that night and they're going to get absolutely hammered.

vCash
    From one lurker to another... Read less and post more. Interesting theory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    There is a ton of OM boosters that would do this even with a guarantee of NO RETURN just for the self satisfaction of helping the cause and having a winning program. The main reason OM fans get so wound up over recruiting, seemingly even moreso than actual football games, is that a lot of them apparently have a direct hand in the success of that aspect of the program. So while their fans can't get directly involved in the coaching aspect they apparently regularly get directly involved .
    So basically, the average Ole Miss booster is the middle-aged dude in a bar with the semi-hot wife he knows he can't satisfy yet doesn't mind buying drinks for guys hoping one will come home with them to do what he can't do while he watches?

vCash
    Because the coaches were theoretically left to cobble together the funds during the transition. Hence the texts messages asking for utility money. I like the theory.
    Last edited by Gundawg; 05-11-2016 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundawg View Post
    Because the coaches were theoretically left to cobble together the funds during the transition. Hence the texts messages asking for utility money. I like the theory.
    Exactly, and thanks Gundawg.

Gutter Cobreh,

I agree that UNM is running a corrupt program and that most of the coaches likely know how it works. But, I also think that in order to get a system like this running in a large-scale, operational capacity, it would need to have some built in deniability (optimally). That kind of deniability doesn't usually include someone in the Athletic department covering rent and light bills. That's just messy, and the kind of thing that's bound to get somebody caught. What we do know from the Instagram messages is that on Feb 14. 2015, Tunsil apparently reached out to John Miller for help paying rent and that he contacted him again on April 7th for help with mom's light bill.

You would think, if a system had been in place and running since Tunsil arrived on campus in 2013, they'd have it running smoothly enough that LT wouldn't have to text his coach out of the blue to ask for rent. What's more, Miller's response to the second request suggests someone who's kinda new at handling this and is a little stressed about these new developments. "I thought we'd all agreed on an amount." "I have no way of handling these surprise amounts." We also know that on June 26th, 2015, Tunsil and Stepdad got in a fight.

It seems to me that the tweets make sense if Tunsil is used to having his rent taken care of, and just doesn't know who else to reach out to in Feb. when he's needing the money. I assume that Miller, Barney, et. al worked something out. We know that someone has manage the Network, and losing a big time backer and source of funds for a major player is bound to leave someone scrambling. Maybe they had everyone pitch in a little and make up the difference by committee - you pay this this month, I'll get that the other month, etc. But if you have a number of people taking up responsibilities that they aren't used to, and no dedicated point man for such things as there used to be, it's inevitable that somebody's going to drop a ball at some point and leave LT in the awkward position of having to go back to coach to get help on a $305 dollar light bill.

This theory explains the awkwardness of all of that.

It also explains how LT would have 'accidentally' let out a phone with such incriminating messages on it - he simply didn't realize that an old device logged into his cloud/account could see everything that was currently being done on that account via a new device. It also explains why said financial advisor didn't use that incriminating information as leverage to keep Tunsil from switching agents - he didn't have it at the time. It was only later that Tunsil unwittingly gave him the noose to hang them with.

As far as Freeze not wanting to testify, the motive is simple. After "successfully" freezing out a former booster who "had nothing", they thought they were in the clear.

Until the very public fight between LT and step-dad. Let's assume that the fight was over LT screwing up the deal with Booster X. Maybe stepdad doesn't like having to deal with having less money all of a sudden, maybe Booster X is in his ear, telling stepdad that he'll get a commission if he can get Laremy to come back. Whatever. The fight is about, in some way or other, impermissable benefits and Freeze and Co. need a cover story for the press and the NCAA. So, Laremy and Freeze settle on throwing stepdad under the bus, because, from their perspective, it diminished the credibility of the most powerful ally of former Booster X in the Tunsil household and strengthened their position. Stepdad might be able to lead the NCAA to some loaner cars and small stuff, but he didn't have access to anything that might bring about a storm they couldn't weather. Best to cut ties and move on with life.

So Freeze goes to the public and the NCAA with the "protecting mama" story and claims he and his staff have no knowledge of anything to do with the loaner cars or this or that. Who knows what he told them.

It seems to work...until draft night, when Booster X exacts his revenge.

Now lets assume that Lindsay Miller has basically spilled the beans (aka the story as laid out in my theory) to both the NCAA and his lawyers. If these leaked text messages strongly corroborate Miller's story and flatly contradict something in Freeze's official account to the NCAA, there's no wonder he doesn't want to testify. If forced give testimony under oath and penalty of perjury, and having to do so without knowing what evidence exists to further support Miller's side of the story, he takes the risk of either fabricating information that the Miller's team can possibly disprove, or give testimony that would prove that he willfully misled the NCAA. Either way, he would be finished.

vCash
    Post more read less HawgDawg. And if we ever set up a network, I nominate you to build it.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgDawg View Post
    This thread changed me from lurker into poster, because I think you guys are on to something, but are missing a few points.

Here's my hypothesis:

Let's just assume for the moment that the "Network" operates by finding booster "sponsors" for elite recruits. Obviously, what the sponsors are willing to put out depends upon the talent of the individual recruit and how badly UNM needs them. The biggest fish require the best bait. So, you have at least three huge fish in the 2013 class. These big time boosters are on the hook for a lot here. Just imagine for a minute that two of them might be in a financial position where supporting these high-priced five stars is comfortable and one is maybe reaching a little bit beyond what's comfortable because he's been an UNM football fan all his life and he thinks this new plan is a good one and possibly the best chance he'll ever have at seeing his old school compete for a natty.

Besides, he has a plan that just might make this all work. (I think for this to make the most sense, we have to assume that the "agent" plan isn't a built-in feature of 'The Network', but rather one rogue, dipshit booster's brainchild). For the sake of clarity, let's refer to dipshit Booster as 'Booster X'. Maybe Booster X is a former player who thinks he'd make a great sports agent, maybe he's just a good-ole boy businessman with connections to upstart sports agents willing to pay a larger-than-average finders in return for a desperately needed, make-or-break big name client. In any event, Booster X has been watching football all his life and realizes that LT is the closest thing to a sure bet he's ever seen, so he signs on to sponsor him, but doesn't inform the rest of the network (or Freeze) about his intentions. Perhaps he fears that Freeze and co. will see his investment plan as too great a risk for the program and might try to shut down his good thing, perhaps he's just a gentlemanly good ole boy who doesn't discuss the unpleasantries of how one makes one's money, perhaps he's afraid that other boosters finding out about his brilliant scheme might make it harder for him to pluck the sure bets for himself in the future. Anyway, he doesn't let everyone else know what's going on. Besides, this is a deal between him and stepfather, right? The fewer people in on the deal, the easier everything works, the greater the deniability.

So, Booster X pays rent on a big home, leases on the family's cars, he gets them the phones and perks that they need, little by little, never in a giant lump sum. That protects him against greater loss in case of an injury or an unforeseeable (and unimaginable) bust. But this guy keeps things up to date. LT gets the rides he wants, everything paid for. When a new Phone comes out, he just takes his old one to Booster X and they swap the sim card into the new one right there.

LT joins up and becomes the big deal that Booster X always knew he would be. His satisfaction in his own brilliance and anticipation of his coming payday grow by the hour. But, the spotlight and all of the talk about "#1 draft pick" creates complications in the plan.

Maybe Freeze, without knowing about Booster X's arrangement, and wanting to ensure that his top recruits make the biggest splash in the NFL draft, thus bringing the biggest media return to his developing program, starts putting ideas in LT's head about Jimmy Sexton. He's the best sports agent in the business. He'll make sure you wind up where you need to be and you get the best deal you can possibly get out of it. LT tells whoever - Freeze, network intermediary - well, yeah, that sounds great but I'm supposed to sign with Agent Y. This is when the Network finds out about Booster X's plan, and they go crazy. Perhaps they underestimate how much Booster X really needs/has anticipated this payday and say "Look, I hate to bust your bubble, but you can't do this." Either a) having an agent that's a former UNM player just smacks of impropriety and we've already got the NCAA breathing down our necks or b) involving uncontrollable outside agents in the Network is just asking for disaster. Also, this plan isn't in the best interest of either the player or the program at large.

Fortunately, they carefully designed their system so that nobody was really supposed to have any incriminating evidence, so Booster X is frozen out of the program for his dumb idea and LT goes with Jimmy Sexton. Booster X is furious, but there's not a lot he can do about it (yet...). The Network thinks it's dodged a bullet by handling this so cleanly.

However, the timing of this situation is a bit awkward for the Network. All of the big time 'sponsors' are tied up at the moment, working on the 2016 class, and now LT is left without anyone to pay for all of the stuff that Booster X was covering. But, they'll manage to work something out and the important thing is that the Network is protected.

I firmly believe that the texts released on Instagram were from the awkward period of transition after Booster X was cut loose. They're trying to clean up a messy situation and could only come up with a really awkward, dangerous (but hopefully very temporary) 'quick fix'.

So LT has to cut back. Where before everything was all expenses paid, now he's having to have people scrape up the rent payments and enough to cover mama's light bill. Maybe after a couple of months the squeeze finally gets to stepdad and he decides to have it out with LT for fouling up his sweet deal that he had with Booster X.

What the Network & co. didn't realize is that LT was such a dummy that he didn't wipe his phone before he traded it into Booster X for a new one, and that an old device with passwords to access the cloud was making the frozen-out Booster X privy to all that awkward shit that LT was discussing through that very same cloud on his new device.

Game. Set. Match.
    Hold up one mothe f*cking GD minute. Beside the short story you so eloquently pecked out on your Microsoft Surface Pro, you have some explaining to do before you are outed as a bearshart troll.

You wrote that Dipshit X went out on his own, as you suggest others do, to bring in these highly touted players, WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD AND SAVIOR BUCKY CHRIST?!?!

Bucky was involved with the crooked Coach O dealings going all the way back to Derek Pegues. He promotes your so called "investment plans" and would never dissolve such dealings.

Elite Enforcer I believe this "long time lurker" is just that and has outed himself because he didn't cover all tracks. Nice try, but your law jargon attempt to cloak your agenda, doesn't slip past this ole boy. I have an efficient bullsh*t meter and it almost melted when I read your post. I called Bucky a beaver from day one and am calling you for the bearshart you are.

Those who have questions, please read his post again.

vCash
    Over 12,000 views already. Damn

vCash
    Holy frijoles man. I'm a state grad. 1995. Have enforcer look all he wants. Hawgdawg's point is that in this theory Bucky May not have known about the arrangement that Booster X had with an outside entity to steer LT to them. It is a theory. Freeze gets involved unwittingly or his arrogance takes over and he purposely screws Booster X to help out Tunsil but more likely to strengthen his personal relationship with Sexton. At no point does this theory as it has been presented vindicate Freeze in any fashion. As a matter of fact it ensures a show cause for Freeze and likely the entire staff.

We all bitch that the NCAA does not have subpoena powers but to offset this, they have a very powerful weapon if the are prepared to use it... They have a much lower standard of proof than criminal prosecutors. From what I have read, they work much like a federal administrative misconduct case. And it gets even better for the NCAA. They do not have to prove why someone did something. Motive is not a factor. Hence things like a set of tires being used to put a school on probation. They only have to convince an infractions committee on whether the preponderance of the evidence substantiates the infraction occurred. Remember, any action they take will likely cost their members millions of dollars. My point there is that there actions have substantial implications.

If UM has such a system in place and the wheels on the bus fell off because of actions within the network, Freeze would have to know. Which is why he wants nothing to do with this deposition. If it takes place, and he tells the truth, and a fraction of this speculation is accurate, he and the UM athletic department are done. If the other coaches are deposed, UM can not control the message and people are likely done.

Maybe Hawgdawg's is a troll but man people love to throw that around quickly.

Enforcer- PM me if you want to... I'll send you a picture of my diploma next to my cowbell.
    Last edited by Gundawg; 05-12-2016 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Clarification

vCash
    Hawgdawg,

For your theory to be remotely true, then Miller would have responded in a different manner when Tunsil texted him. The reason he didn't was because he felt like whatever device and whatever system they had going was bulletproof.

I think your giving Tunsil too much credit here. The guy is a freak of an athlete, no doubt, but he has no loyalty to Ole Miss. If he did, then why wouldn't he have recanted his statement the following day instead of repeating over and over "I'm looking forward to being a Dolphin". His main objective was to get drafted as high as possible and he got hit with a question in the press conference when everything was going down where he couldn't tell a lie. He didn't know what else the hacker could release, so at that point it is better to be honest and start removing yourself from the situation.

The Network got caught with their pants down on what should have been their greatest night (having 3 players go in the 1st round). Everyone around Tunsil that night should have told him to shut down his social media pages as soon as the video was released. Hell for all we know, Tunsil had his buddy in the green room post the text conversation to instagram to "flip the bird" back at the situation and Network that just resulted in him dropping like a rock.

There is NO WAY Freezus or Bdork aren't complicit in the recruiting scheme. Absolutely, no way!!!

vCash
    There is no way, absolutely zero percentage that Freeze didn't know that LT was being recruited by 'The Network' with whatever enticements were thought of, in mind, planned on or given to the player and/or his family. He is the one that wanted To recruit LT, and allow 'booster X' or 'bagman' or 'handler' or 'bundler' or whatever he's to be referred to to begin the process...and I'm a simple nobody....but for all variations and theories or any of them to work Freeze at the least has to point someone in LT's direction.

vCash
    Several posts too long to read in this thread...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    There is no way, absolutely zero percentage that Freeze didn't know that LT was being recruited by 'The Network' with whatever enticements were thought of, in mind, planned on or given to the player and/or his family. He is the one that wanted To recruit LT, and allow 'booster X' or 'bagman' or 'handler' or 'bundler' or whatever he's to be referred to to begin the process...and I'm a simple nobody....but for all variations and theories or any of them to work Freeze at the least has to point someone in LT's direction.
    Good post. It sorta looks like Ole Miss is trying to use the "he didn't know" tactic that Auburn used with Cam and Cecil. That sucked, but this is different. Cam and Cecil were World Class Liars. Bucky is an amateur.