Banned
    vCash
    Per a Google search:

Robert Nkemdiche - Tony Fleming of Impact Sports Management
    Laquon Treadwell - Tory Dandy and Eugene Parker of Relativity Sports

No idea what their connections might be to TSUN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    Not really buying any of this theory, but if true and this guy had to eat that sandwich, what moron would sign up for this in the future knowing they could get screwed in 3 years?
    I have a feeling he's done as long as Freeze is around. So he'll likely be back in by 2017/2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I'm struggling a little bit with this one. First, my understanding is that sports agents must be licensed and certified. I think it would be pretty transparent if a bunch of random lawyers with known connections to OM suddenly got involved in the sports agency business and started representing OM players. Secondly, pretty much all these kids who are elite players want to sign with the best of the best (like a Sexton, Boras, or Rosenhaus), not some greenhorn who just fronted them some dough while they were in college. To me, it just seems too risky for both the player (potential loss of future income from signing with a guy with less negotiating experience in the business) as well as the booster (player could get injured, not pan out, or just decide not to honor the agreement like Tunsil allegedly did). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like a stretch to say this is what they do with all of their top prospects. I also think it would be interesting to know who is representing Nkemdiche and Treadwell as that would potentially shed more light on the situation.
    doesn't have to just be an agent. these guys need personal lawyer's, financial advisor's, and business managers.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 05-11-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Im also a bit confused here because if these agents are giving out this much money, then why are there texts of tunsil asking for 305 bucks? I mean why not just go straight to the agent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundLazer View Post
    Per a Google search:

Robert Nkemdiche - Tony Fleming of Impact Sports Management
    Laquon Treadwell - Tory Dandy and Eugene Parker of Relativity Sports

No idea what their connections might be to TSUN
    I think this is potentially more limited to Tunsil to be honest. All speculation of course, but an interesting perspective given the dots that are being connected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billbulldogs View Post
    Im also a bit confused here because if these agents are giving out this much money, then why are there texts of tunsil asking for 305 bucks? I mean why not just go straight to the agent?
    A 150k house is nice and all but you don't bother that guy for a happy meal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That is what happened with Reggie, interesting. May be on to smn.
    Freeze was quoted as saying he learned a lot form coach O when it comes to recruiting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    doesn't have to just be an agent. these guys need a personal lawyer's, financial advisor's, and business managers.
    I understand that but if he wasn't going to be the agent then how did Jimmy Sexton swooping in mess everything up? He could have always used Sexton as his agent and whatever financial advisor or lawyer he chose. Sexton coming into play would have had zero effect there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    A 150k house is nice and all but you don't bother that guy for a happy meal.
    "They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years-" you mustve missed that part

Again if theres 200k gettin thrown around why the texts to a coach over a measly 300 bucks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundLazer View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize the "financial advisor" who was Big Softie's agent in school was an Ole Miss booster.....but that makes sense. Can't believe Freezus and Sexton would try to cross a booster. Why has this not been publicized?
    Wait is this "financial advisor" the one who leaked the Tunsil vid's on draft night? The speculation is that someone that Tunsil fired before the draft that was NOT a licensed financial advisor is the one they think may have had reason to leak the vid's since he was fired. Who knows what they ever found out about that but very interesting.

vCash
    I understand that but if he wasn't going to be the agent then how did Jimmy Sexton swooping in mess everything up? He could have always used Sexton as his agent and whatever financial advisor or lawyer he chose. Sexton coming into play would have had zero effect there.
    Sexton messed everything up if someone else was supposed to be his agent-true. Wannabe agents are desperate. It's a hard business to break into. Maybe the guy was na?ve enough to believe Tunsil would honor the deal.

vCash
    "They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years-" you mustve missed that part

Again if theres 200k gettin thrown around why the texts to a coach over a measly 300 bucks?
    that was not a one-time payment. Plus Momma bought a ride, furniture gets bought, diamond earrings cost money, Rolex watch- money gets spent quick
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash

Our enforcement is starting to resemble Obama's border policy.

vCash

Remember that you're talking about folks that have never had access to any serious amount money at all. Looking at future expenses and budgeting doesn't creep into the thought process just cuz you got a wad of cash when those things have never had to be worried about before.

I could easily see a family of a star player receiving a huge amount of cash at some point and them needing help covering a bill or three.

Banned
    vCash

They aren't out there dropping off bags of cash, troll. That's not how it works, even with the mythical term 'bagman'. 150K house and couple of cars = 200K.

Banned
    vCash
    Not surprising that an OM troll would feign confusion over such accusations.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Not surprising that an OM troll would feign confusion over such accusations.
    screw you dude! Im not a ****ing troll! Im sorry im not like everybody else and just goes with everything thats put on this board, its a legit ****ing question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Orgeron and USC basically did the same things with their players. And Bush screwed over one of the guys to get caught. Let's don't act like that was a once in a lifetime thing that happened
    So Orgeron helps implement this at USC back in the day. Orgeron ends up at Ole Miss and recruits a O-lineman from Memphis but has to give the loser coach a job in order to do so. Said loser coach (Freeze) learns the system under Orgeron, leaves, comes back and wah-la. It wasn't his idea...he just copied the idea and put it on steriods.

vCash
    I'm struggling a little bit with this one. First, my understanding is that sports agents must be licensed and certified. I think it would be pretty transparent if a bunch of random lawyers with known connections to OM suddenly got involved in the sports agency business and started representing OM players. Secondly, pretty much all these kids who are elite players want to sign with the best of the best (like a Sexton, Boras, or Rosenhaus), not some greenhorn who just fronted them some dough while they were in college. To me, it just seems too risky for both the player (potential loss of future income from signing with a guy with less negotiating experience in the business) as well as the booster (player could get injured, not pan out, or just decide not to honor the agreement like Tunsil allegedly did). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like a stretch to say this is what they do with all of their top prospects. I also think it would be interesting to know who is representing Nkemdiche and Treadwell as that would potentially shed more light on the situation.
    Agree with all of this - had the same thoughts. Plus, if benefits are as common as many suggest, wouldn't the athlete just go where benefits with no strings attached are offered?

That said, if a recruit / booster did buy into this arrangement, there are dumbasses involved. 1) a dumbass investor expecting a return based on loyalty from a stranger or 2) the arrangement has a contract backing it up. LOL at booster in #1. LOL at OM in #2. Please let #2 have happened.

Not buying this though. Just doesn't seem practical even for those with intentions of skirting rules. People are dumb though. Always a chance....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Watching that 30 on 30 about USC those folks say it was all worth it and would do it again. So now we have to ask the question does Ole Miss fans feel getting hammered for a few year worth going to the Sugar bowl one year.
    There is a ton of OM boosters that would do this even with a guarantee of NO RETURN just for the self satisfaction of helping the cause and having a winning program. The main reason OM fans get so wound up over recruiting, seemingly even moreso than actual football games, is that a lot of them apparently have a direct hand in the success of that aspect of the program. So while their fans can't get directly involved in the coaching aspect they apparently regularly get directly involved in the recruiting aspect.