Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Network- Part 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Watching that 30 on 30 about USC those folks say it was all worth it and would do it again. So now we have to ask the question does Ole Miss fans feel getting hammered for a few year worth going to the Sugar bowl one year.
    They would say it was worth it if they only won 1 game. That's just how they are which is why they should be put out of everybody's misery.

vCash
    Orgeron and USC basically did the same things with their players. And Bush screwed over one of the guys to get caught. Let's don't act like that was a once in a lifetime thing that happened
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Watching that 30 on 30 about USC those folks say it was all worth it and would do it again. So now we have to ask the question does Ole Miss fans feel getting hammered for a few year worth going to the Sugar bowl one year.
    I saw that too, but the situations aren't the same (although the punishments may end up being very similar). USC had almost ten years of unprecedented success. They played in 7 BCS bowls, played for a national championship, and had a Heisman trophy winner. Ole Miss? Three years of success - Birmingham Bowl, Peach Bowl, and one BCS-level bowl (Sugar) in a year that they lost to Memphis and Arkansas and didn't win their division. I don't think Ole Miss has accomplished anything that would make it "worth it." I don't see them being as good this year as they were last year, either.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    If true, the best part to me is the poor guy putting up the money and "advising" Tunsil for 3 years, ONLY to have Freeze's own agent swoop in an reap all the rewards at the end. It's beautiful.

What a screwing that guy took!!

I can hear Freeze telling Sexton :"Look, you don't have to get involved in the dirt. You don't have to mixed up in NCAA violations, if it happens, nothing like that. We'll get some patsy to do that...so we can we get this great player on campus. That guy is on the hook if things go wrong, but if things work out, you get to represent the best players in the draft."

If I'm the patsy, I'm singing to the NCAA, or at least anonymously leaking it.

Hey, maybe this is C34's source.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    Not really buying any of this theory, but if true and this guy had to eat that sandwich, what moron would sign up for this in the future knowing they could get screwed in 3 years?
    Ill tell you who...an OM person that knows Hugh and is close to the program. Think about it.........every thing Hugh has touched has turned gold...so far. The man found a kid on the street that he wanted to be a lineman at his school. Freeze convinced a school and a sponsor family to take this kid in. When the kid had terrible grades, no parents and shown no interest in continuing with school or football. Freeze made all that happen and turned that load of BS into a damn movie.

I believe every damn bit of it. It is a genius plan actually. Because there is the promise of the payback. I believe Freeze could sell that fan base an empty 55 gallon drum, tell them that payoff on investment in the drum is 100% and every damn one of them would empty their bank account.

vCash
    Does Oregon and Maryland use Nike and Under Armor sponsorship deals similar? If you are a high rated recruit, the coach can almost guarantee a Nike deal once your eligibility is up? I recently saw where Coach K recruits that Duke alumni will take care of you for the rest of your life. I am guessing he means job connections but who knows.

vCash
    USC is my second team, they have been since I was a little kid back in the days of Anthony Davis. In all honesty I don't think it was worth it. It was fun at the time sure, a lot of fun. But what makes those things fun over the long haul are the memories. Those are tarnished forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    In all honesty I don't think it was worth it. It was fun at the time sure, a lot of fun. But what makes those things fun over the long haul are the memories. Those are tarnished forever.
    Exactly! I would feel the same way. W* does not equal W no matter how much they try to convince themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Question: How did Sexton sweeping in screw up the network planning? I don't believe for one second that Freeze had nothing to do with that. Why would he sabotage his own process?
    Good point. But we do know what ignited the whole Tunsil situation is a disagreement between step dad and Tunsil over an agent. Now I.don't know if switching to sexton from the network plan would piss off step dad but we do know Tunsil took a different plan with his agent at some point and that set the whole thing off.

Banned
    vCash
    No, in the case of Ole Miss. It's only worth it if you actually win something of note. I guess you could argue the Sugar Bowl, but I'd want the SEC or national championship for it to be truly worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    No, in the case of Ole Miss. It's only worth it if you actually win something of note. I guess you could argue the Sugar Bowl, but I'd want the SEC or national championship for it to be truly worth it.
    At the end of the day only the fans that went to the game or really keep up with the team will know about the Sugar Bowl win. After it gets stripped then UM is prevented from having any type of banner or mention in their program. It isn't like they can hang a banner with an * at the end.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It all depends on their punishment to determine whether or not it was worth it. I don't think they are going to end up thinking it was worth it when they get their sanctions, but we will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Orgeron and USC basically did the same things with their players. And Bush screwed over one of the guys to get caught. Let's don't act like that was a once in a lifetime thing that happened
    That is what happened with Reggie, interesting. May be on to smn.

vCash
    They still tout 3 national championships they never won, what would stop them from touting a bogus sugar bowl win?

Banned
    vCash
    Wow, I didn't realize the "financial advisor" who was Big Softie's agent in school was an Ole Miss booster.....but that makes sense. Can't believe Freezus and Sexton would try to cross a booster. Why has this not been publicized?

vCash
    I wonder if the screwed over booster is one of ones getting disassociated from the university too? That would double suck for him. But, he may be a glutton for punishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    OM's new recruiting tool under Freezus is that they have a draft plan for top recruits they recruit. It's pretty damn sweet to be honest. Freezus tells kids they are gonna sign them, OM boosters are going to take care of them and their families while they spend their 3 years in Oxford, then they will be 1st round draft picks in the NFL draft after playing SEC Football. The trick is- they ask that OM people represent them after their time at OM so they recoup their money. This is what happened with Tunsil and it went wrong

OM made their pledge to Tunsil and his family. After signing day- They left their 40K house in Florida (which was an absolute shithole) and moved to Oxford, Miss where they suddenly lived in a 150K plus house. They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years- where that Booster was promised he would recoup a million plus once Tunsil signed his NFl contract. He would represent Laremy once he left OM. He was basically investing in Laremy to pay off in 3 years.

Until Jimmy Sexton swooped in. He ****ed everything up. So when the person posted they saw Sexton, Bdork, and Freezus walking into the famous law offices the other day- they were actually going into another office there to hash out an agreement with the guy that had been ****ed over. That guy had shown them and the entire world that he wasn't going to be played for a chump- and OM plus Sexton had to pay the Piper.

How is OM getting top recruits? They are setting them up with booster agents as HS seniors to pay them and their family's way while in college- and these booster agents are getting their cut once these guys get drafted. OM and FreeZeus tried to **** one over- and they now regret it.

This is what is happening in today's college football. Shoe companies supplement kids and families in college basketball- OM is being progressive by copying this model in college football. Be their agent when they are Sr's in HS, pump the money to them for 3 years in college, get them to the NFL draft- then the bennies return when they get drafted. That's how Hugh Freezus is recruiting on a national level folks.
    Coach, wouldn't there be a way to track this? Is there a way to look into which OM athletes have been represented by OM alum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundLazer View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize the "financial advisor" who was Big Softie's agent in school was an Ole Miss booster.....but that makes sense. Can't believe Freezus and Sexton would try to cross a booster. Why has this not been publicized?
    Definitely makes sense. No one would post those pictures and texts of Tunsil 10 minutes before the draft as a joke. You only do that if you have a serious vendetta. Someone got screwed over and had to take revenge.

vCash
    Jack check your PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm struggling a little bit with this one. First, my understanding is that sports agents must be licensed and certified. I think it would be pretty transparent if a bunch of random lawyers with known connections to OM suddenly got involved in the sports agency business and started representing OM players. Secondly, pretty much all these kids who are elite players want to sign with the best of the best (like a Sexton, Boras, or Rosenhaus), not some greenhorn who just fronted them some dough while they were in college. To me, it just seems too risky for both the player (potential loss of future income from signing with a guy with less negotiating experience in the business) as well as the booster (player could get injured, not pan out, or just decide not to honor the agreement like Tunsil allegedly did). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like a stretch to say this is what they do with all of their top prospects. I also think it would be interesting to know who is representing Nkemdiche and Treadwell as that would potentially shed more light on the situation.