Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As we near the end of the regular season and get ready for post season play

vCash

As we near the end of the regular season and get ready for post season play

If you could add one thing to this baseball team, would you, and what would it be?
    Would it be a flame throwing day 1 ace pitcher like Randy Johnson?
    A shut down closer like Mariano Rivera?
    A power hitting machine that can take it yard at any moment like Bonds or McGwire?
    A hitter who hits for average but not a lot of power and rarely K's like Tony Gwynn?
    An infielder with the range of a B-52 who just doesn't make errors such as Ozzie Smith?
    An outfielder that could almost play two positions out there like Andruw Jones?

If it were me I would have a hard time choosing between the day 1 ace or the power hitter. Both can win a game on their own and just have that intimidation factor I like.

vCash
    Andrelton Simmons or Andruw jones would work haha

I'd settle for lh reliever that can go multiple inning and strike guys out... Think girodo

Banned
    vCash
    Hunter stovall back. Wr have a huge hole in the line up with him gone. If you look at our line up we put out Sat and Sund, we are lethal all the way up and down until you get to Holland. We have to fig out something on him.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    A front line ace every day of the week- no question. Followed closely by a shut down closer.

Pitching rules.

vCash
    Would def have to go with the ace. I would trade the ace for two quality inning eaters out of the pen though.

vCash
    The flame throwing staff ace that's money every time out to the hill. If we just had Houck from Mizzou to go with what we have imagine what we would be like. It would be game over.

vCash
    A frontline ace is always the right answer. A great ace can shut a team down on Friday and cause the the opponent to slump through the rest of the weekend.

vCash
    I thought we had two "aces"

vCash
    Austin Riley

vCash
    Um...sure? I'll take any of that....

vCash
    A rubber armed bullpen guy that throws strikes is no. 1 wishlist for this team.

right now our top 3 starters are keeping us in the games. When we get in trouble is the nights when our bullpen can't throw strikes or get anyone out

vCash
    I would add Jacob Lindgren. This team would be virtually unbeatable with him coming out of the bullpen at least once a weekend. Pitch him one or two innings on a Friday and let him go longer on Sunday and we probably have 2 or 3 more Sunday wins than we do now.

vCash
    On this particular team id take a shut down closer. Would open up a lot of bullpen options down the stretch to have someone you know could go 8 and 9 almost daily.

I understand the draw of an ace, but we're much better off than most with 2 of our starters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Hunter stovall back. Wr have a huge hole in the line up with him gone. If you look at our line up we put out Sat and Sund, we are lethal all the way up and down until you get to Holland. We have to fig out something on him.
    Wut?

You can have anything in the OP, and you ask for Stovall?

I like Stovall, and think he will be a good one before his career is over....but you may need to read the Original Post again. Haha

Give me either a lock down closer or a lights out Ace. Our hitting is solid, and our defense is good enough....but adding another monster arm to our pitching staff might just give us everything we need to be CWS Champs
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-10-2016 at 12:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I would add Jacob Lindgren. This team would be virtually unbeatable with him coming out of the bullpen at least once a weekend. Pitch him one or two innings on a Friday and let him go longer on Sunday and we probably have 2 or 3 more Sunday wins than we do now.
    Good choice. I think I'd rather have the CWS version of Girodo than Lindgren though in that situation. Lindgren was/is great, but had control issues at times, while Girodo found a zone like I've never seen at the end of that season. He was unreal.

vCash
    What this team needs is another quality infielder that doesnt hit like .197

vCash
    Nothing more intimidating than a shut down closer bringing the heat.

vCash
    What would you guys rather have on this team...Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, Ted Williams, or Barry Bonds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    What would you guys rather have on this team...Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, Ted Williams, or Barry Bonds?
    I'm not even that picky... Give me Andruw jones patrolling cf hitting with an aluminum bat haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We have lost maybe 2 games in last inning. Lost 3 or 4 in late innings. Big time starter would havd saved us maybe 5 or 6 games we lose