Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangum vs Woodman

vCash

Mangum vs Woodman

Dude on Twitter is saying JB Woodman deserves the Ferriss more than Mangum. Using several stats like home runs & other power numbers.

So what say ye? Make your case for Mangum over Woodman.

I told him to ask someone outside of MS who JB Woodman is, and that might tell him all he needs to know.

Boy they hate being little bro. They'd rather win the Ferriss & steal our National Seed than win the CWS. Ha

vCash
    Woodman is good... Mangum being a Freshman might work against him.

vCash
    He'll be real disappointed to learn that Reid Humphreys has more extra base hits right now. Not including the three he had stolen this year. Not to mention a higher average as well.

Brent Rooker and Gavin Collins also have similar power numbers as well. Rooker of course having a higher average.

I don't think it matters- I think Dakota will probably win the Ferris this year.

What Mangum is doing as a freshman is remarkable. To compare the two accurately, I'm going to use OBS which is on base percentage + slugging.

I get 0.985 for Mangum (.521 SLG; .464 OBP)

And 0.950 for Woodman (.544 SLG; .406 OBP)

So, using that metric it shows that even though Woodman has a higher slugging percentage and thus more power when you look at both Mangum is the better player when all factors are considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To compare the two accurately, I'm going to use OBS which is on base percentage + slugging.
    That would be OPS. Obviously not your area of expertise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    That would be OPS. Obviously not your area of expertise
    Brain fart. But at least I know how to hit.

vCash
    I expect Hudson wins the award unless he tanks his next two starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    I expect Hudson wins the award unless he tanks his next two starts.
    He would get my vote at this point too.

vCash
    The Ferriss should be for the player who makes the most difference for his team and some what for which team does the best. Dakota has made the difference for our team and MSU is the best team 3-1!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    The Ferriss should be for the player who makes the most difference for his team and some what for which team does the best. Dakota has made the difference for our team and MSU is the best team 3-1!
    Obviously I said I would vote for Dakota, but I think Austin Sexton probably deserves a lot of consideration as well.

He has defeated Vandy on the road, Georgia, pitched about as well as Dakota did or better against Ole Miss at home, started the game where we first beat Florida (Hudson didn't), lost to A&M but had to leave early because of a hamstring pull, THEN came back and shut down LSU in Baton Rouge against their best pitcher, we lost to Alabama in his start but left with a shutout intact and should have stayed in, and now he outdueled Tanner Houck to key the sweep against Mizzou. His SEC only numbers are not quite as good as Hudson's, but they aren't that far off.

SEC Only:

Hudson- 3.18 ERA 5-2 record, 53 K's 11 BB's in 56.2 IP Team record in his SEC starts is 6-2 overall.

Sexton- 3.64 ERA 3-1 record, 40K's 12 BB's in 47 IP Team record in his SEC starts is also 6-2 overall.

vCash
    don't know if you are aware of it or not but H2H was using your info (sounded like they were referring to your tweets as they referenced Cadaverdawg) to discuss this today
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    don't know if you are aware of it or not but H2H was using your info (sounded like they were referring to your tweets as they referenced Cadaverdawg) to discuss this today
    Ha, did not know that. Wasn't listening. Cliff notes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ha, did not know that. Wasn't listening. Cliff notes?
    they asked Ben Mcdonald and he basically said for what he's meant to state it would be hard to vote against him. I didn't really hear Matt or Richard give an opinion might have been earlier in the show.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    That's pretty cool. I'll have to look for it to see if I can listen to what they were saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Obviously I said I would vote for Dakota, but I think Austin Sexton probably deserves a lot of consideration as well.

He has defeated Vandy on the road, Georgia, pitched about as well as Dakota did or better against Ole Miss at home, started the game where we first beat Florida (Hudson didn't), lost to A&M but had to leave early because of a hamstring pull, THEN came back and shut down LSU in Baton Rouge against their best pitcher, we lost to Alabama in his start but left with a shutout intact and should have stayed in, and now he outdueled Tanner Houck to key the sweep against Mizzou. His SEC only numbers are not quite as good as Hudson's, but they aren't that far off.

SEC Only:

Hudson- 3.18 ERA 5-2 record, 53 K's 11 BB's in 56.2 IP Team record in his SEC starts is 6-2 overall.

Sexton- 3.64 ERA 3-1 record, 40K's 12 BB's in 47 IP Team record in his SEC starts is also 6-2 overall.
    What it boils down to is we have a lot of very good players.

vCash
    Who is woodman and who does she play for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Who is woodman and who does she play for?
    She's second string FB for The London Silly Nannies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What it boils down to is we have a lot of very good players.
    You're right about that. And just like our 2013 team I think we're going to start to realize how good as these guys progress in pro ball.

vCash
    Slight thread hijack: Mangum has to be SEC freshman of the year, right? Who else is even in the discussion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Slight thread hijack: Mangum has to be SEC freshman of the year, right? Who else is even in the discussion?
    He gets my vote. Especially if he ends up leading the SEC in batting average.

vCash
    I think Humphreys has to be in the discussion, too. I haven't looked at the numbers, but with the game on the line he's the guy I want to put it on, whether it's on the mound or at the plate.

It made me absolutely sick that we lost that Alabama game without sending him out there, until I found out about his arm soreness.
    Leicester Till I Die