Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From a source I trust that has strong MSU ties.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    But doesn't that asswipe's mother work for Mississippi State University? If this rumor is true about AJ, wouldn't there be budget cuts that led to the mother's dismissal pretty damn soon?
    It should have happened by noon on signing day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    He is not projected as that high of a draft pick (but I wish he was). He'll be at OM this summer, no question about it.
    An MLB scout has already told him they'd like to take him in a certain round if he would sign. When money was discussed AJ made it clear it would take a certain amount to sign him. The scout noted that they slot how much they pay per the round. There was only a 3 round difference from where that team wanted to take him to the money "needed" to sign him. That ain't a whole lot and this was just one team.

Not saying it will happen but it's much more likely than what you've been led to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    An MLB scout has already told him they'd like to take him in a certain round if he would sign. When money was discussed AJ made it clear it would take a certain amount to sign him. The scout noted that they slot how much they pay per the round. There was only a 3 round difference from where that team wanted to take him to the money "needed" to sign him. That ain't a whole lot and this was just one team.

Not saying it will happen but it's much more likely than what you've been led to believe.
    slot pricing of draft picks has really changed how the draft works. teams aren't tied to a price for any individual player, but the total slot prices of all players are summed up and teams ARE tied to being at or under that total. so for every player you go "above slot", you have to make up for it somewhere else. for most teams, if you aren't indicating you'll sign at slot, they move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I hope it's true in light of everything else that's going on...but that's a lot of money for an overrated wide receiver.
    Say what you want, but the kid is a player. I wouldn't call him over rated. We needed the skill set that kid has.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerdawg View Post
    and current High School coach and brother to a former state football player, but he said AJ Brown was bought and paid for. $250,000 was the price tag his dad was shopping and that is why State was not a player. Hopefully rumors are encouraged.
    Is he really worth more than Cam Newton? The guy must be really good. Or maybe that's just $180K corrected for inflation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young man.
    +1
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Agreed! I never could understand the members of our fanbase who wanted us to go all out like UNM. When you make a deal with the devil the bill eventually comes due and it has to be paid. I wouldn't trade what little success the bears had with their cheating for anything. We have done pretty well in our own right, doing it the right way and actually developing our players. Thank you to Dan, absolutely!
    I agree wholeheartedly, and have always felt that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears may not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.
    Doesn't matter what MLB does ... if their prime motivation was keeping him out of MSU, they accomplished that already. A new Charger might be all it costs them (as well as mega-sanctions).

vCash
    It would be funny if AJ went BB pro and drove his new Charger to the minor leagues. He has to realize his payments are no more and his future with a tainted program is not going to get him far.

vCash
    Last edited by MedDawg; 06-17-2016 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Last edited by MedDawg; 06-17-2016 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    I believe it in full, too. You have to remember who we're talking about here though, UMiss. They got so desperate that efficiency took a backseat. Don't underestimate their hatred/obsession with Mullen and MSU either. AJ was a huge target simply because of where he's from. All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.
    You may be more right than you realize. Dan spent a lot of time with JWS. He knew how to get under their skin and he damn sure owed them for what they did to him. payback is a bitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Maybe there was an "embarrass MSU" premium for OM and AJ is really good, but he's not worth $250,000
    Some of the NMU elitist fascist groups wanted this to be the "kill shot" (their words) not mine to cdm. They felt like they had JS and getting AJ would be icing on the cake. What they didn't plan for was mr brown getting in a pissing match in ******* office and his teacher taking up his burner phone

vCash
    It rocks their worldview to the core. It is already entrenched that Ole Miss > than MSU in every conceivable way on and off the field. Anything that contradicts that MUST be an anomaly or some temporary misunderstanding of the facts. They cannot fathom the possibility. Their self worth sadly is way too wrapped up in their perception and perception of sports prowess. This is why they spin anything and everything because it just can't be true if anything seems to point to the fact that they are not all that. THEY. ARE. OLE MISS!!!!! after all. What a dumb cheer. This is why when you run into one in some far flung state of the Union and they find out you're a State fan they kind of get that little "harrumph" going and their countenance toward instantly changes to a nobleman looking down at a peasant.
    They not only think of themselves as superior in sports, but in every other manner also ... even academically. Many of them truly believe that Ole Miss is the "Harvard of the South". And that is astounding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I believe it in full.

Ole Miss is so corrupt, nothing is out of bounds.

HOWEVER< I do question the efficient they are in spending. I think you could get 2 good OL for $250k. Honestly, $125k each seems like it would buy 2 stud OL.
    With the O Line yall have had, this is 100% accurate.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Bama got outbid...

Not sure who or how much.... but we didn't "pony up"....

Speakin' of "The Pony", anyone been there lately?

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    With the O Line yall have had, this is 100% accurate.
    Probably just $1K would be an improvement over what we had last year (and may have this year). **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Probably just $1K would be an improvement over what we had last year (and may have this year). **
    Dude, I got $1K in change in the ash trays of my trucks & cars.... come get it and get yall an underrated 3 star, buddy

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    $250k for a WR seems crazy. I'm not exactly tied in to the market on college footbvall players, but if the bidding for Cam Newton topped out at $200k, I have trouble seeing paying any Wr $250k. Granted it's three years of a good WR versus one year of Cam, but still.
    Albert Means was $300,000 and that was 20 year ago.

vCash
    Hell his own HS baseball buddies that hang out in the LFL are throwing around similar numbers and that UM bought the charger of course. From people he's around every day.