Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From a source I trust that has strong MSU ties.....

vCash
    Well you knew it was a fairly steep asking price when Saban and Bama pretty much pulled off the kid. UNM was the only one left at the table willing to meet their price. Apparently Brown's father came over to campus to "negotiate" with Mullen and crew but it didn't go well needless to say.

vCash
    Thanks Dan! And thank you Bracky as well. A lot of people will end up owing Dan and Bracky apologies.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Thanks Dan! And thank you Bracky as well. A lot of people will end up owing Dan and Bracky apologies.
    Agreed! I never could understand the members of our fanbase who wanted us to go all out like UNM. When you make a deal with the devil the bill eventually comes due and it has to be paid. I wouldn't trade what little success the bears had with their cheating for anything. We have done pretty well in our own right, doing it the right way and actually developing our players. Thank you to Dan, absolutely!

vCash
    Ole Miss is populated with a bunch of knuckle draggin' bastards. They will get what they deserve.

Great work by the members of this board. I check in every day. I kinda want Ole Miss to go down worse than I did with Auburn during the Scam Newton stuff. I think it's Bucky. He's a fraud.

Cheeze Whiz was simply a toothless tool for the Fambly. I don't hate him, however. That dude sure hit the lottery.

vCash
    His only value was to be a slap on MSU face. As a WR he is no way worth 250K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm betting he will never receive whatever the amount was and is owed! He got his down payment probably.

Rumors will always get stronger when "pigs get muddy".
    He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears may not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I believe it in full.

HOWEVER< I do question the efficient they are in spending. I think you could get 2 good OL for $250k. Honestly, $125k each seems like it would buy 2 stud OL.
    I believe it in full, too. You have to remember who we're talking about here though, UMiss. They got so desperate that efficiency took a backseat. Don't underestimate their hatred/obsession with Mullen and MSU either. AJ was a huge target simply because of where he's from. All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    I believe it in full, too. You have to remember who we're talking about here though, UMiss. They got so desperate that efficiency took a backseat. Don't underestimate their hatred/obsession with Mullen and MSU either. AJ was a huge target simply because of where he's from. All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.
    People on this board have noted how unconcerned Mullen seemed after the recent losses to OM. He didn't seem overly "all in" on Egg Bowl week. Yes, we assumed that it was because he was interviewing elsewhere and that could have been part of it. I'm almost inclined to believe that Dan knew OM was cheating and realized it was only a matter of time before the NCAA finished their investigation and vacated those wins. However, I also think Mullen was getting impatient and maybe even skeptical of how long it would take for their house of cards to fall. Three years is an eternity to wait for justice and retribution.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    ...All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.
    That's a good point. I bet 'ol Jackie gave him some pointers on jabbing the northerners. Jackie had "Mississippi", and it ate their asses up. The likes of TSUN and Northern Miss from Mullen are simply gems.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerdawg View Post
    and current High School coach and brother to a former state football player, but he said AJ Brown was bought and paid for. $250,000 was the price tag his dad was shopping and that is why State was not a player. Hopefully rumors are encouraged.
    I heard a similar rumor before NSD. Also heard that Bama was at one time the team to beat but once the bidding got up over $200k they bowed out as well. We were apparently never really in it with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears may not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.
    Don't know his baseball status but if he is a potential high draft choice then in TSUN's case, you can't fix stupid!

Banned
    vCash
    He is not projected as that high of a draft pick (but I wish he was). He'll be at OM this summer, no question about it.

vCash
    I think one thing MSU fans find it hard to fathom is the level of hatred those bastards have for MSU. You know how we all roll our eyes and chuckle a little when we hear them refer to themselves as the "flagship"? Silly, right? Well when we had the audacity to start saying this was "our state" and things like that, it wasn't met with a chuckle and a roll of the eyes. No. It was met with a plan to bring MSU down by any means necessary. Backroom meetings were called. The Network was put in high gear. Money, inducements, lax drug policies, academic fraud, ACT fraud, and a whole host of other illicit activities were put in motion, or at least ramped up from normal. It has really been something to behold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I think one thing MSU fans find it hard to fathom is the level of hatred those bastards have for MSU. You know how we all roll our eyes and chuckle a little when we hear them refer to themselves as the "flagship"? Silly, right? Well when we had the audacity to start saying this was "our state" and things like that, it wasn't met with a chuckle and a roll of the eyes. No. It was met with a plan to bring MSU down by any means necessary. Backroom meetings were called. The Network was put in high gear. Money, inducements, lax drug policies, academic fraud, ACT fraud, and a whole host of other illicit activities were put in motion, or at least ramped up from normal. It has really been something to behold.
    The true ardent UNM football "power broker" fans behind that program will never, never, never allow MSU to have a better football program than they do. Even with UNM being mediocre its not a huge deal to them as long as we suck and they are still better. Whether it be Jackie or now Mullen, any time we've ever really challenged to move ahead of them in football they go off the deep end behind the scenes and do something WAY overboard whether it be in working to sink our program with the NCAA during Jackie's time or going totally rogue in recruiting like they have done lately to catch and surpass our program under Mullen.

vCash
    But doesn't that asswipe's mother work for Mississippi State University? If this rumor is true about AJ, wouldn't there be budget cuts that led to the mother's dismissal pretty damn soon?

vCash
    It's worth 125k for olemiss to get him and worth another 125k to them to keep State from getting him. You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statefan View Post
    In my opinion they cared less about bang for the buck and way way more about shaming state by taking a kid from SHS
    This ^^^^^ = rep points
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens in the MLB draft. There is a price that would keep him from ever suiting up at OM...and it's not too awful far from where some teams have him slotted to go.
    At this point, UMiss may have their hands tied

Quote Originally Posted by SignalToNoise View Post
    Damn that is steep. Wasn't Cam Newton only $180k? Way more bang for the buck.
    Inflation

He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears will not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Don't know his baseball status but if he is a potential high draft choice then in TSUN's case, you can't fix stupid!
    Is there not a good chance that he may cut and run now with all of this? If MLB is showing him any kind of decent future/$$$?

Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    He is not projected as that high of a draft pick (but I wish he was). He'll be at OM this summer, no question about it.
    Not so sure he'll be at OM this fall

Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    It rocks their worldview to the core. It is already entrenched that Ole Miss > than MSU in every conceivable way on and off the field. Anything that contradicts that MUST be an anomaly or some temporary misunderstanding of the facts. They cannot fathom the possibility. Their self worth sadly is way too wrapped up in their perception and perception of sports prowess. This is why they spin anything and everything because it just can't be true if anything seems to point to the fact that they are not all that. THEY. ARE. OLE MISS!!!!! after all. What a dumb cheer. This is why when you run into one in some far flung state of the Union and they find out you're a State fan they kind of get that little "harrumph" going and their countenance toward instantly changes to a nobleman looking down at a peasant.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 05-04-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    What's hilarious about the whole "flagship" thing is that MSU and USM are also technically considered flagship universities as well. Old Misses is too stupid to realize this though.

vCash
    Had heard from a friend of AJ's Dad that he was being shopped around as early as last summer.....also heard he was paid not to visit.