Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: From a source I trust that has strong MSU ties.....

vCash
    Baseball wise he is unbelievably raw. I don't think the draft will be an issue and he will be at OM in the fall barring something crazy happening. He wants to play football and will. If he lives up to expectations he has a good chance of being an early round pick in the NFL draft. Obviously a lot can happen between now and when he becomes eligible for the draft but if you are an early round pick in the NFL draft it is a lot safer bet that you make a roster. With baseball as raw as he is it could work out for him but more than likely it wouldn't. He can always try baseball if football doesn't work out. Someone will give still give him a shot after college. If you don't have a lot of money and sign for say 350 - 400k which I still don't think he would get, That won't last too long making 1100 dollars a month in rookie ball. And after they take out rent etc you are looking at less. In my mind football is his best shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    If they are allowed to transfer out without sitting I'd take Brown in a second. Benito too.
    Yep, me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Baseball wise he is unbelievably raw. I don't think the draft will be an issue and he will be at OM in the fall barring something crazy happening. He wants to play football and will. If he lives up to expectations he has a good chance of being an early round pick in the NFL draft. Obviously a lot can happen between now and when he becomes eligible for the draft but if you are an early round pick in the NFL draft it is a lot safer bet that you make a roster. With baseball as raw as he is it could work out for him but more than likely it wouldn't. He can always try baseball if football doesn't work out. Someone will give still give him a shot after college. If you don't have a lot of money and sign for say 350 - 400k which I still don't think he would get, That won't last too long making 1100 dollars a month in rookie ball. And after they take out rent etc you are looking at less. In my mind football is his best shot
    He's already been told if he'll sign he'll get more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    It's usually safer to go the other way around. Try baseball for a couple of years, and he will always be able to go back to football if the talent is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'll be interested to see how much OM going on probation actually helps MSU. I'm sure it will help recruiting some, but kids that have their hands out will still have their hand out. So it could be that kids like Brown, Benito, etc. just end up going to another school that will pay them rather than deciding to come to MSU.

LSU doesn't just recruit so well because they don't have a competitor in state, they also recruit well because there isn't another in state fan base that will turn them in. Even if OM goes on probation, they will be Hawks to ensure MSU is busted for any transgression.
    If it means one more SEC win, how does it not help?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statefan View Post
    In my opinion they cared less about bang for the buck and way way more about shaming state by taking a kid from SHS
    I'm of this exact same opinion...like a punch to the nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    Some of the NMU elitist fascist groups wanted this to be the "kill shot" (their words) not mine to cdm. They felt like they had JS and getting AJ would be icing on the cake. What they didn't plan for was mr brown getting in a pissing match in ******* office and his teacher taking up his burner phone

+Can you say a bit more on the burner. Did he truly lose it and did it get to NCAA?

vCash
    I don't know, but is sure would take a while to get that shit eating grin off my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    If it means one more SEC win, how does it not help?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having guys like that, as long as you don't have so many that they take over the team and create a sense of entitlement within the program. I know I'd kill to have a few guys like Fred Smoot on our team....guys like that can inspire confidence.
    There is a problem. He most likely will not want to put in the time, give coaches problems and just be a cancer in the looker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    It's usually safer to go the other way around. Try baseball for a couple of years, and he will always be able to go back to football if the talent is there.
    I think success stories are more prevalent or shown more just because we watch college football more than baseball. There are several examples of guys going to baseball and coming back to football and it not working out. Look here at State, Rashun Dixon and Deshun Dixon they never got back to the players they once were. Anthony alford did football and then went to baseball and is one of the top prospects in his respective organization. It works both ways.