Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo OM can't wait to tell their story- but Freeezus...

vCash

Soooo OM can't wait to tell their story- but Freeezus...

Has announced 2 days ahead of time he won't have time to speak to the media at an FCA event on Thursday. Whatsamatta Freezus? You still got practice jerseys to wash from Spring Practice??? You got nothing BUT time right now.

If they had the proper paperwork- an OM official would tell people- not SpiritChuck
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-03-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It will be fun to see the variations of that lie from now to SEC media days. Might get old.

vCash
    They are screwed.

There is no fund that would allow you to pay a player's parent's bills.

vCash
    So CHF is declining to speak at the FCA??. Wow ...
    If this doesn't admit guilt nothing does..
    That would have been like Steve Jobs not speaking at a Apple convention.

vCash
    http://finaid.olemiss.edu/ole-miss-opportunity-program/

Ole Miss Opportunity Program

UM Oppurtunity Scholarship

The University of Mississippi is committed to providing access to quality education for students from all backgrounds. Through our Ole Miss Opportunity program, the University guarantees that eligible Mississippi resident students will receive financial aid support to cover the average cost of tuition, residence hall housing, and an allowance for meals. This program will fill the gap in funding after all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to the student have been considered.

Program Eligibility:

To be eligible for Ole Miss Opportunity, you must be a Mississippi resident, U.S. citizen, an entering freshman at the start of the fall semester, seeking a degree, and enrolled full time at Ole Miss. In addition, you must meet the following criteria:

Family adjusted gross income on the most current federal tax return must be at or below $30,000
    Qualification for a Federal Pell Grant, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    3.0 high-school GPA

How to Apply:

Submit a FAFSA by March 1 prior to the fall semester for automatic consideration—no other application form is required
    Ensure that the FAFSA is complete by March 15 (received by the university and verified if necessary)

How Does the Program Work?

After Ole Miss Opportunity has considered all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to you, it will fill the gap in funding and cover:

Fall and spring semester base tuition rates for a full-time Mississippi resident student (up to 19 hours each term). The additional tuition charge for pharmacy majors is not included
    Housing in a university residence hall (up to the standard double-occupancy rate)
    Meals through the university, equivalent to the cost of the “Rebel 100 Plus 1” meal plan for fall and spring, plus $200 flex (food) funds each semester

Each student will be responsible for paying book, transportation and personal expenses. There also may be charges for special fees (i.e., study abroad or extra course fees), summer classes or intersession terms. Because Ole Miss Opportunity does not provide funding for these remaining costs, students can meet them through savings, other family resources, federal work-study or loans. The Office of Financial Aid will be happy to assist students with identifying additional funding sources for these expenses.

The amount of the Ole Miss Opportunity award may be reduced if the student’s financial need changes and/or if the student receives subsequent, additional gift aid (scholarships and/or grants).

Renewal Requirements:

Ole Miss Opportunity funding will be provided for eight regular semesters of attendance at The University of Mississippi (or until completion of the first baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first) as long as these eligibility requirements continue to be met:

Annual renewal of the FAFSA by February 15 is required, and students must continue to demonstrate financial need each year
    The FAFSA must be complete by March 15 (received by the university and verified if necessary)
    Students must maintain a 2.0 resident GPA
    Students must remain full time and continuously enrolled

The level of funding is contingent upon the student living on campus.

Additional Questions:

If you have any further questions, please email us at finaid@olemiss.edu or call 1-800-891-4596

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    So CHF is declining to speak at the FCA??. Wow ...
    If this doesn't admit guilt nothing does..
    That would have been like Steve Jobs not speaking at a Apple convention.
    He is speaking to the FCA- he doesn't have time to speak to the media before or after the event. And they announced that 2 days ahead of time
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He is speaking to the FCA- he doesn't have time to speak to the media before or after the event. And they announced that 2 days ahead of time
    I don't see how he keeps his job after the hammer comes down.

vCash
    Sounds like Like Tunsil might miss out on
    Mississippi resident
    adjusted gross income
    seeking a degree
    high school GPA

The bigger issue is the Opportunity Fund never had a damn thing to do with Tunsil trying to weasel more cash out of his coach, and anyone with half a brain knows it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Practice what you preach, freeze. You encouraged tunsil to admit he smoked the weed. You should admit you lead a dirty program now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    http://finaid.olemiss.edu/ole-miss-opportunity-program/

Ole Miss Opportunity Program

UM Oppurtunity Scholarship

The University of Mississippi is committed to providing access to quality education for students from all backgrounds. Through our Ole Miss Opportunity program, the University guarantees that eligible Mississippi resident students will receive financial aid support to cover the average cost of tuition, residence hall housing, and an allowance for meals. This program will fill the gap in funding after all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to the student have been considered.

Program Eligibility:

To be eligible for Ole Miss Opportunity, you must be a Mississippi resident, U.S. citizen, an entering freshman at the start of the fall semester, seeking a degree, and enrolled full time at Ole Miss. In addition, you must meet the following criteria:

Family adjusted gross income on the most current federal tax return must be at or below $30,000
    Qualification for a Federal Pell Grant, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    3.0 high-school GPA

How to Apply:

Submit a FAFSA by March 1 prior to the fall semester for automatic consideration—no other application form is required
    Ensure that the FAFSA is complete by March 15 (received by the university and verified if necessary)

How Does the Program Work?

After Ole Miss Opportunity has considered all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to you, it will fill the gap in funding and cover:

Fall and spring semester base tuition rates for a full-time Mississippi resident student (up to 19 hours each term). The additional tuition charge for pharmacy majors is not included
    Housing in a university residence hall (up to the standard double-occupancy rate)
    Meals through the university, equivalent to the cost of the “Rebel 100 Plus 1” meal plan for fall and spring, plus $200 flex (food) funds each semester

Each student will be responsible for paying book, transportation and personal expenses. There also may be charges for special fees (i.e., study abroad or extra course fees), summer classes or intersession terms. Because Ole Miss Opportunity does not provide funding for these remaining costs, students can meet them through savings, other family resources, federal work-study or loans. The Office of Financial Aid will be happy to assist students with identifying additional funding sources for these expenses.

The amount of the Ole Miss Opportunity award may be reduced if the student’s financial need changes and/or if the student receives subsequent, additional gift aid (scholarships and/or grants).

Renewal Requirements:

Ole Miss Opportunity funding will be provided for eight regular semesters of attendance at The University of Mississippi (or until completion of the first baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first) as long as these eligibility requirements continue to be met:

Annual renewal of the FAFSA by February 15 is required, and students must continue to demonstrate financial need each year
    The FAFSA must be complete by March 15 (received by the university and verified if necessary)
    Students must maintain a 2.0 resident GPA
    Students must remain full time and continuously enrolled

The level of funding is contingent upon the student living on campus.

Additional Questions:

If you have any further questions, please email us at finaid@olemiss.edu or call 1-800-891-4596
    I couldn't live in that big ass house they had if I made less than 30k a year. Shrug

vCash
    Ole Miss is going to spin, delay when possible and out right miss lead as long as they can. I think their strategy will be to drag it out as long as possible. They have to build up the pool of football players before the hammer drops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    They are screwed.

There is no fund that would allow you to pay a player's parent's bills.
    Yet, they are clinging to it like an effing life raft. I just got finished trying to explain to a bear alum that the fund does not cover rent. He said yes, it does. He was awful nervous and jittery about it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yet, they are clinging to it like an effing life raft. I just got finished trying to explain to a bear alum that the fund does not cover rent. He said yes, it does. He was awful nervous and jittery about it though.
    Please get him to explain how it covers rent when his scholarship already does that? He already gets a rent check, a legal one. If that was it, as many have said, they would have said so that night.

vCash

Exclamation

Is it just me that I find it odd that a mother moves from Florida to Mississippi and can't pay her electric bill? Also, if you can't pay your electric bill, why is it $300+? I mean I live in a 2900 sq ft house with my 3 kids and my bill is never more than $250

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I mean I live in a 2900 sq ft house with my 3 kids and my bill is never more than $250
    ...it's a premium added to the bill because the town is so beautiful*

vCash
    "Mississippi State did it!!!!

Bama, Bama, Bama, y'all please be mad and them with us!!!!"

That's seriously their marching orders right now. Not, "we got caught for cheating" it's "Mississippi state is telling on people so everyone should be mad at them."

NEWS FLASH: Your 17ing starting left tackle told on you after he was selected 13th overall in the draft with his head coach within spitting distance. Wake up you bunch of clowns. There is no spinning this.

vCash
    Also, if you can't pay your electric bill, why is it $300+? I mean I live in a 2900 sq ft house with my 3 kids and my bill is never more than $250
    Judging from the video that came out before the texts, I have to ask, how much electricity do grow-lights use?

vCash
    Is it just me that I find it odd that a mother moves from Florida to Mississippi and can't pay her electric bill? Also, if you can't pay your electric bill, why is it $300+? I mean I live in a 2900 sq ft house with my 3 kids and my bill is never more than $250
    $150 for the light bill, $155 for the gas mask and goodies.

vCash
    Because when someone else pays your bills for you, you do stupid things like leave every light in the house on 24/7 and keep the a/c on 68.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    "Mississippi State did it!!!!

Bama, Bama, Bama, y'all please be mad and them with us!!!!"

That's seriously their marching orders right now. Not, "we got caught for cheating" it's "Mississippi state is telling on people so everyone should be mad at them."

NEWS FLASH: Your 17ing starting left tackle told on you after he was selected 13th overall in the draft with his head coach within spitting distance. Wake up you bunch of clowns. There is no spinning this.
    Yep...the rebs think if they pay you and let you play football, they are owed something in return. I think they're just as mad about getting used by Tunsil than they are about getting caught haha.