Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another must-read on Tunsil

vCash

Another must-read on Tunsil

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I just read this and was about to post.

it appears that Ole Miss has pissed off everyone with their cheating. Its pretty sad what is about to happen in Oxford all in the name of greed.

vCash
    Paging Chuck. You're now on the clock for another spin story.

vCash
    The UGA angle is fascinating. Content of that article plus UGA's prez in 2013 (Adams?) being highly pissed about losing Tunsil and the way it went down. Adams then leaves UGA post and goes to work for the NCAA, coincidentally. Now Adams is the prez at Pepperdine and sits on the NCAA Committee on Infractions. It's just so epic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Its pretty sad what is about to happen in Oxford all in the name of greed.
    No, it's not sad at all.

vCash
    Just had a thought. In that article it said Tunsil wanted to sign with UGA but couldn't. Not the first time we've heard something like that. That got me to wondering why they couldn't. I could come up with two possibilities. 1. They were promised large sums of money that their family badly needed and knew they'd never see a red cent if they didn't sign. 2. They got the players on record accepting illegal benfits which would destroy their eligibility if word got out so they were blackmailed into signing with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Just had a thought. In that article it said Tunsil wanted to sign with UGA but couldn't. Not the first time we've heard something like that. That got me to wondering why they couldn't. I could come up with two possibilities. 1. They were promised large sums of money that their family badly needed and knew they'd never see a red cent if they didn't sign. 2. They got the players on record accepting illegal benfits which would destroy their eligibility if word got out so they were blackmailed into signing with them.
    Im going with #1. The leaked text convo revealed what seemed to be pre-agreed upon monthly payments for rent, likely for Tunsil's mother. I doubt UGA's scholly offer included rent for mom to live in town.

vCash
    When I hear a statement like that, I immediately think that either a family member was bought and is making the recruit go elsewhere (which is what I suspected with cam), or arrangements have been made to provide for the family that are already in motion (which is what I suspect here - new living arrangements for the mom, etc.).

Ole Miss has to be scared shitless right now. Lindsey Miller absolutely has the goods. I still say that all of this started when Freeze threw him under the bus as a domestic abuser. But here is the takeaway - this is only a part of the total case file the NCAA has working right now.

vCash
    Pretty sure that the infamous "Network" thread by C34 covers how they do it. Another "Elitedawgs Conspiracy" coming home to roost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    But here is the takeaway - this is only a part of the total case file the NCAA has working right now.
    Yep, it's almost easy now to forget about the academic fraud, impermissible contact, etc.

vCash
    He said it because a deal was in place one he signed with OM
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Im going with #1. The leaked text convo revealed what seemed to be pre-agreed upon monthly payments for rent, likely for Tunsil's mother. I doubt UGA's scholly offer included rent for mom to live in town.
    I thought the same, that text conversation to me indicated that there was a standing agreement that something be paid on the regular.

vCash
    Freeze doesn't have time to speak to the media at an FCA event. Interesting. It will also be interesting to see if he participates in the teleconference Thursday.

Banned
    vCash
    Of course Freeze doesn't have time to talk with the media. The entire narrative that they sold their souls to create is being eviscerated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Freeze doesn't have time to speak to the media at an FCA event. Interesting. It will also be interesting to see if he participates in the teleconference Thursday.
    Has Freeze ever not talked to the media? He usually uses that as a selling point on his program. Pretty telling that he is refusing to speak to the media. It will be interesting if he comes down with "an allergic reaction" the day he is supposed to talk on the SEC conference call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    No, it's not sad at all.
    Damn straight, I ain't shedding any tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Of course Freeze doesn't have time to talk with the media. The entire narrative that they sold their souls to create is being eviscerated.
    I think Freeze is worried about keeping his job at this point. The silence is deafening.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Damn straight, I ain't shedding any tears.

I think Freeze is worried about keeping his job at this point. The silence is deafening.
    For the first time ever, I think this aint far from right. Come one, NCAA, give old Pollo a reason to pop that champagne.

vCash
    Meanwhile, Jill Freeze is approaching sainthood via MS Christian Living -- Link

Seriously though, I don't know anything about Jill so I can't say anything about her. But with Hugh, I just don't get it. Is he just too ignorant to understand what's going on inside his program? Or does he really think the things going on in his program are "Christ-like"? He seems genuine with his faith, I don't think he's a 100% pretender. Maybe he's just severely misguided and is able to rationalize everything in his mind. On the other hand, I may be giving him too much credit...

vCash
    Tunsil is the reason Ole Miss is going to wish they never bought a player, but he is only one among many.

UGA (and a few other big boys in the college football universe) made sure it would all come tumbling down on their heads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Meanwhile, Jill Freeze is approaching sainthood via MS Christian Living -- Link

Seriously though, I don't know anything about Jill so I can't say anything about her. But with Hugh, I just don't get it. Is he just too ignorant to understand what's going on inside his program? Or does he really think the things going on in his program are "Christ-like"? He seems genuine with his faith, I don't think he's a 100% pretender. Maybe he's just severely misguided and is able to rationalize everything in his mind. On the other hand, I may be giving him too much credit...
    I have friends that have spoken with Briarcrest folks that have had something different to say about Saint Hugh. I personally think he is a snake oil salesman that would do whatever it takes including creating an image that works well in southern households.