Thread: O.T.--went to Best Buy Saturday in N. Texas...and "Tuesday's Gone" was what was going

Banned
    vCash

O.T.--went to Best Buy Saturday in N. Texas...and "Tuesday's Gone" was what was going

on...in my opinion, one of the best songs ever. so my wife and 12 yr old go and do their shopping while I stand by the big speaker and absorb the beautiful sounds of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

while standing and listening, I look over at the 500 inch screen of a concert going on. it is muted and it's Katie Perry. she is jumping rope with her back up folks that are decked out in Power Ranger Gear.

my question is , do the younger folks think that it is really modern day coolness to be jumping rope on stage with power ranger action figures? is that what you really think is really good entertainment?

do you really think us older folks who are into the Stones, Zeppelin, Beatles, Elvis, Skynyrd and shit are retards and we just don't understand the significance of Katie perry jump roping with power rangers is really the way to be and we are just a bunch of old retards?

do you not see how ghey jumping rope with power rangers is? (not that there's anything wrong with being ghyey)....but damn man....I mean really

have you ever looked at the lyrics of "Tuesday's Gone"? and listened to it? paid any attention ? you think Skynyrd's Tuesday's Gone sucks and we really need to be into jump roping with power rangers is the "in thing" and us old folks just don't "get it" ?

seriously, I'm just trying to figure you youngsters out. just wanting to understand.. cuz I really don't at this point.

vCash
    I realized today's generation was gone musically when bands' ideas of dancing on stage was jumping up and down like they had a pogo stick stuck up their ass. Yes, there were other clues like the music just sucking but that was the clincher for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    on...in my opinion, one of the best songs ever. so my wife and 12 yr old go and do their shopping while I stand by the big speaker and absorb the beautiful sounds of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

while standing and listening, I look over at the 500 inch screen of a concert going on. it is muted and it's Katie Perry. she is jumping rope with her back up folks that are decked out in Power Ranger Gear.

my question is , do the younger folks think that it is really modern day coolness to be jumping rope on stage with power ranger action figures? is that what you really think is really good entertainment?

do you really think us older folks who are into the Stones, Zeppelin, Beatles, Elvis, Skynyrd and shit are retards and we just don't understand the significance of Katie perry jump roping with power rangers is really the way to be and we are just a bunch of old retards?

do you not see how ghey jumping rope with power rangers is? (not that there's anything wrong with being ghyey)....but damn man....I mean really

have you ever looked at the lyrics of "Tuesday's Gone"? and listened to it? paid any attention ? you think Skynyrd's Tuesday's Gone sucks and we really need to be into jump roping with power rangers is the "in thing" and us old folks just don't "get it" ?

seriously, I'm just trying to figure you youngsters out. just wanting to understand.. cuz I really don't at this point.
    Your parents probably thought Skynyrd was garbage, and I know they hated the stones.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Your parents probably thought Skynyrd was garbage, and I know they hated the stones.
    please tell me about how bad ass Katie Perry is. that is what I'm trying to figure out...

vCash
    please tell me about how bad ass Katie Perry is. that is what I'm trying to figure out...
    Anyone who can share the stage with the power rangers is a world class entertainer haha

Banned
    vCash
    I'm just trying to figure out what it is about Katie Perry jump roping with Power Rangers is so totally awesome while Zeppelin and Skynyrd are old lame shit..

vCash
    Look, I can't stand her music but I'd watch Katy Perry jump rope all. damn. day.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Look, I can't stand her music but I'd watch Katy Perry jump rope all. damn. day.

ok, you got me there. I would like that to be me taking the ride she is giving. makes my old ass want to make a baby. I'll admit that shit fo sho..
    Last edited by Bully13; 05-01-2016 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Cant help you, Im more Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 05-01-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Cant help you, Im more Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.

please forgive me for being old and out of touch but I don't know who Lester and Earl are. I'm just saying that when I walked in and Tuesday's Gone was blaring out and while listening to that while watching her skipping rope with power rangers while the audience was going crazy made no sense to me. it was like an indication of how our society is sliding down and how we don't appreciate actual talent or have the ability to even recognize it.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    QuadrupleOption has a hell of a point, but if you don't have video, it's Skynyrd and Zeppelin all day long. Showing my age, but I saw Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Blue Oyster Cult and Suzi Quatro at the Liberty Bowl on July 4, 1974.

Banned
    vCash
    Leroy, did you just troll me? LOL... actually, I like the video...cool picking.. more talent that skipping rope!! LOL.... is the flip side "dualing banjos" ?

vCash
    Leroy, did you just troll me? LOL... actually, I like the video...cool picking.. more talent that skipping rope!! LOL.... is the flip side "dualing banjos" ?
    No trolling. I prefer Lester to Katy.

Edit: Musically speaking
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 05-02-2016 at 12:11 AM.

vCash
    My kids are 10 and 13. . . I've raised them on Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Aerosmith and The Stones. They hate pop music.