Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here still think Bear should have come out early?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bear will make 80K or so just being on a practice squad. He will make 350-400K if he makes a roster

He didnt want to play college football anymore. That decision was made before we played a game in 2015.
    Probably more that he didn't want to go to classes anymore. Understand the need for money but heck, Bear was only on our campus for 3 years and only played football his SR year of HS I think (maybe JR year too). At most he has only played 5 years of organized football. He is still very green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    With Leo Lewis and Gerry Green on the roster Benni would have been in the way of guys who are more physically gifted.
    If he gets beat out by player at MSU he has no chance in the NFL. A degree then would have been his path. I just don't get your stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    If he gets beat out by player at MSU he has no chance in the NFL. A degree then would have been his path. I just don't get your stuff.
    I disagree. Benni could be a good backup and play ST in the NFL. He was never going to be an NFL starter. Leo and Gerri Green will be drafted and will likely start in the NFL if things go as planned. And I think he already has his degree.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Little do you know... I probably grew up more poor than 95% of the people on this board ( and that is no exaggeration) .
    I feel you brother. I told my wife once that I might divorce her just to see what it would be like to have my own bedroom (I was joking about the divorce). Because I've never had my own room in my life. Ever. My kids have their own bedroom and think that is the way it is supposed to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Of course they can come back to school. They just cant play organized ameteur football, as they have declared themselves a professional and sought paid employment for their sport. I dont think that they were not hired changes that they sought it as a professional.
    Never stopped the UM signees.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Refresher Bump

vCash
    The chances of him making a practice squad are pretty small. Going into camp there are really only about 8 true roster spots up for grabs and 8 practice spots. Teams start the preseason with approx 90 players. Do the math.