Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash
    Wrapped the weekend with a request from the kids - my take on a Hawaiian treat - the Loco Moco. A regular Loco Moco is a burger patty on bed of sticky rice, topped with an over easy egg and smothered in brown gravy. I make mine with a southern twist - burger patty on a bed of home fries or hash browns, topped with an over easy egg and smothered in white gravy. The kids call it the Loco Soco.

vCash
    Hmm...going to have to do some research on that BrunswickDawg, sounds awesome!

I got lazy and went back to something that will get me through the week. Deer lasagna.Boring. I consider it an infield bunt kinda meal.

Just got off of the phone with SapperDawg....he's got something just hitting the table that will NOT be an infield bunt kinda meal. I'm going to hang up and listen.....

vCash
    Got squirrelly today and used an elk neck roast to make mole chichilo and masa corn dumplings. Recipe here:

http://honest-food.net/2015/12/14/ve...cipe-chichilo/

17 ingredients for the mole, and lots of work....but, damn, it was worth it. I will be making this many more times. If you do this, the onion pickles are a must. Really brings it together.