Thread: Regionals/Super-Regionals-dates

vCash

Regionals/Super-Regionals-dates?

Have dates for baseball regionals and super-regionals been set? If so, when?
    Last edited by ETDawg; 04-18-2016 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Regionals start the Friday after Memorial Day, which is June 3, and the Supers the following weekend.

vCash
    Trying to make possible travel arrangements. Do games start on Friday and conclude on Sunday?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ETDawg View Post
    Trying to make possible travel arrangements. Do games start on Friday and conclude on Sunday?
    Usually yes but many have been pushed into Monday's before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ETDawg View Post
    The Regionals all start the same day. Which I believe is a Friday typically. Sometimes they bleed over into Monday because of rain delays or things like that.

Now, the Super Regionals I will caution you because ESPN is the one who sets those. Some of those start on Friday and some start on Saturday. As a fan that goes to the games it is a pain because of scheduling around work. But I do understand why they do it- it's so they can show as many games as possible and spread it out more over a few days which ultimately means better coverage.

The MSU baseball website has the regionals, SR, and CWS schedule on it- but of course it's kind of a rough outline. But it will give you a general idea.

If we host a SR, I don't know how they will handle it because they know we're going to have a lot of fans that will watch it no matter what day it falls on. If I remember correctly the SR in 2007 was around noon because it was hot as hell and I think it was on a Friday. Honestly, probably the hottest baseball game I have ever been at. I think being packed in probably exacerbated it.

Banned
    vCash
    That noon game I swear I was about five minutes from having a heat stroke on. I had to just sit down with a cold towel over my head for thirty minutes. It was so ****ing hot that day! Do NOT drink beer at high noon when it's 100 degrees outside and zero clouds in the sky. You will lose.