Thread: Deadspin on Manziel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

vCash

About...

..the only thing I take away from that intriguing exposé is why didn't football Johnny sign with South Carloina?

The guy whose family has a gamecock named after them refuses to sign with the Gamecocks? Note to Hugh Freeze: Please explain that one to me.

Anyway, none of this will affect Johnny's playing time. He wasn't caught on film committing murder, hence the NCAA & Texas A&M deem him of impeccable moral standing.

vCash
    this response may not be popular, but i want him suspended for the season or none at all...it would kill me to see tpun NOT HAVE TO PLAY "AGIN HIM"...tom

vCash
    I caught some snip in the radio that Texas has some old law that basically says if you turn in a school for breaking NCAA rules, you are liable for whatever damage happens to the school. It is pretty much a state law that make it open season for crootin.

Why the hell aren't our expert Ole Miss lawyers that run the legislature all over that shit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I caught some snip in the radio that Texas has some old law that basically says if you turn in a school for breaking NCAA rules, you are liable for whatever damage happens to the school. It is pretty much a state law that make it open season for crootin.

Why the hell aren't our expert Ole Miss lawyers that run the legislature all over that shit?
    The law apparently states that if you are involved in an act that knowlingly breaks NCAA rules and causes damages to a Texas university, then you can be sued by the state and held liable for those damages, potentially including such nebulous things as loss of revenue due to reduced ticket sales. The law also supposedly applies even if the violation actually occurs in another state.

The timing of this law being dragged out smells like legal blackmail. If you paid JFF to sign autographs, you better shut up, or the state of Texas will ruin you financially even though you committed no actual crime. Quite a threat, huh?