Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-L Reports Fred Brown dismissed from MSU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Does Couch have the talent to step in as a freshman? He seems big enough.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I hate it for the kid, but it seems like he could never get it together. It sure would be nice to get some good news for a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I hate it for the kid, but it seems like he could never get it together. It sure would be nice to get some good news for a change.
    C-L wouldn't report it.

There's probably all kinds of good news we never hear***
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    I gave up on the clarion ledger years ago but lately it has been brought to my attention, that a possible bias was occurring. Of course I had to check it out myself, so while standing in the shell, 'no, I'm not going to pay for it, do you care? No, he didn't care, it seems to me that there are not a lot of um 'gifted' writers, journalists, whatever they are...overall, in the whole thing. So I stand there in the store with people, pointing out this paper doesn't even know which teams are no. 1 and who is ultimately the best. I found it sad, the shell guy found it humorous (southern fan, he was). Maybe they aren't bias and just um inept. Incompetent, we are trying to figure out if we can bring suit, even if just to waste time. None of the writers even use the vocabulary to make the topics interesting, much less have the facts.

vCash
    This blows! Okay, now I'm worried about the team next year. We don't have a tested QB, a feature RB, the TEs seem invisible in the scrimmages, the OL sucks, and WR corp has holes you could drive a Mack truck through. Please someone pump me some sunshine to make me feel better about this.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    This blows! Okay, now I'm worried about the team next year. We don't have a tested QB, a feature RB, the TEs seem invisible in the scrimmages, the OL sucks, and WR corp has holes you could drive a Mack truck through. Please someone pump me some sunshine to make me feel better about this.
    At least the offense will have an excuse.

The defense that is likely to suck also..........
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    At least the offense will have an excuse.

The defense that is likely to suck also..........
    Lots of NFL guys on this defense.. Our defense is going to surprise a lot of people.. If we can get good CB play could be very very good..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Fed loss isn't going to hurt us .. Means more snaps for Myles , Dear, Jackson, Thomas, all just as good if not better ..
    His experience will hurt.. We will need a couple of young guys step up their roles more And this may even open the door for Epps if we get him and Couch to get reps as a frosh..,
    Ross and Gray are 2 NFL WR .... It's ok...
    Last edited by mic; 04-14-2016 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Fed loss isn't going to hurt us .. Means more snaps for Myles , Dear, Jackson, Thomas, all just as good if not better ..
    His experience will hurt.. We will have a couple of young guys step up... And may even open the door for Epps..
    Ross and Gray are 2 NFL WR .... It's ok...
    You can't say that Myles, Jackson, and Thomas are just as good if not better. You just can't. It makes you look genespagish.

I agreed with your first statement that our 1st string might be better now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You can't say that Myles, Jackson, and Thomas are just as good if not better. You just can't. It makes you look genespagish.

I agreed with your first statement that our 1st string might be better now.
    Y'all act like Fred was All-SEC ... He was a good WR... Myles is a good WR.. Jackson and thomas could both be good WR..Mixon looked very good the scrimmage and practice I saw.
    I'm not worried about WR...
    If this was Ross or Gray then yeah we are in trouble.. We have athletes , they are young but I bet the upside of these guys are as good if not better than Fred...
    This gives more snaps to Dear , more snaps to Myles ( who I was told by a coach is one of the hardest workers on the team) and gives more reps to other guys...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Y'all act like Fred was All-SEC ... He was a good WR... Myles is a good WR.. Jackson and thomas could both be good WR..Mixon looked very good the scrimmage and practice I saw.
    I'm not worried about WR...
    If this was Ross or Gray then yeah we are in trouble.. We have athletes , they are young but I bet the upside of these guys are as good if not better than Fred...
    This gives more snaps to Dear , more snaps to Myles ( who I was told by a coach is one of the hardest workers on the team) and gives more reps to other guys...
    We didn't get better at outside Receiver by losing Fred Brown who was coming into his 5th year in the program. Mixon and Dear are slot guys and I'm glad they will get more opportunity now. I think this forces the coaches to move Ross out wide. Jackson, Thomas, and Myles have not taken any meaningful snaps at outside WR and none are considered deep threats. Fred was a legitimate deep threat for us.

vCash
    I hope this wasn't a first offense. I hope it's under better control these days, but a good bit of cheating was going on in my day (not by me).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    It states, and I quote: In any case where a group of athletes are involved in an incident with law enforcement officials that may shed a negative light on the program, the athlete with the lowest ranking at the time of his recruitment is expected to step forward and claim sole responsibility for said act that necessitated law enforcement involvement and testify that other athletes now present were not there at the time of the incident or that they had just recently arrived and were diffusing the situation by protecting innocent people while humming Kumbaya.
    Perfect.

Banned
    vCash
    Who cares, let's get back to running the ball. FB, TE and 2 WRs.

vCash
    I think there is plenty enough receiving talent still here. I hope some receivers can step up and replicate the downfield blocking prowess Bear delivered.

vCash
    I hope this isn't a case of a teacher being a fan of a school doing this. I had a teacher two years ago who was a big OM fan teaching at State. He told us during the Egg Bowl of Dak's sophomore year, he caught someone teaching off of a football player's test and tried to get the player suspended. He openly bragged about this. Needless to say, he is now teaching at Ole Miss. Go inside McCool and most of the finance teacher's are Bama grads who love Bama football and openly talk about it. Even have one right now who is a season ticket holder and talks down on State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I hope this isn't a case of a teacher being a fan of a school doing this. I had a teacher two years ago who was a big OM fan teaching at State. He told us during the Egg Bowl of Dak's sophomore year, he caught someone teaching off of a football player's test and tried to get the player suspended. He openly bragged about this. Needless to say, he is now teaching at Ole Miss. Go inside McCool and most of the finance teacher's are Bama grads who love Bama football and openly talk about it. Even have one right now who is a season ticket holder and talks down on State.
    If this is an issue then administration should be able to easily see through the agenda. MSU is not the only university that employs professors that openly root for other schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Would this happen to be a professor named after a very common type of chocolate flavored cookie?

vCash
    The CL Story doesn't add crap but to confirm. No need to link it.

Seriously No linking to the CL. Let them die with their agenda.

vCash
    Does this get Peters more playing time on offense..