Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C-L Reports Fred Brown dismissed from MSU

vCash
    JSU is fixing to get a good football player.

vCash
    Williams to Brown could be a top rate combo in the SWAC next year.

vCash
    I'm glad to see this honestly. Hate it for the young man, but Honor Code violations are serious and I'd rather have this happen now than during the season when the team is depending on him the next week. I hope he lands on his feet and learns from the situation, but at least our guys have time to prepare and think about what we need to do for next year.

As far as C34's comments on having the depth to run 3 receivers, I'm not sure that we don't yet. We'll need to see how things develop, but I think we have a couple of guys that have the talent and can step up to fill the gaps. Just like Derunnya and Fred stepped up in 2013, we'll need one or two guys to step up this year and help us stay on track. I think we'll find those players.

vCash
    Does Couch have the talent to step in as a freshman? He seems big enough.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I hate it for the kid, but it seems like he could never get it together. It sure would be nice to get some good news for a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkaburningdawg View Post
    Ole Miss says, "Honor Code, what the hell is that?"
    Don't boggart your friend's spice...oh, and bros before hoes.

Banned
    vCash
    I gave up on the clarion ledger years ago but lately it has been brought to my attention, that a possible bias was occurring. Of course I had to check it out myself, so while standing in the shell, 'no, I'm not going to pay for it, do you care? No, he didn't care, it seems to me that there are not a lot of um 'gifted' writers, journalists, whatever they are...overall, in the whole thing. So I stand there in the store with people, pointing out this paper doesn't even know which teams are no. 1 and who is ultimately the best. I found it sad, the shell guy found it humorous (southern fan, he was). Maybe they aren't bias and just um inept. Incompetent, we are trying to figure out if we can bring suit, even if just to waste time. None of the writers even use the vocabulary to make the topics interesting, much less have the facts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I hate it for the kid, but it seems like he could never get it together. It sure would be nice to get some good news for a change.
    C-L wouldn't report it.

There's probably all kinds of good news we never hear***
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkaburningdawg View Post
    Ole Miss says, "Honor Code, what the hell is that?"
    It states, and I quote: In any case where a group of athletes are involved in an incident with law enforcement officials that may shed a negative light on the program, the athlete with the lowest ranking at the time of his recruitment is expected to step forward and claim sole responsibility for said act that necessitated law enforcement involvement and testify that other athletes now present were not there at the time of the incident or that they had just recently arrived and were diffusing the situation by protecting innocent people while humming Kumbaya.

vCash
    This blows! Okay, now I'm worried about the team next year. We don't have a tested QB, a feature RB, the TEs seem invisible in the scrimmages, the OL sucks, and WR corp has holes you could drive a Mack truck through. Please someone pump me some sunshine to make me feel better about this.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I hope this wasn't a first offense. I hope it's under better control these days, but a good bit of cheating was going on in my day (not by me).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Not clicking the link since I don't want to give anything to the CL. Amazing how much reporting they do on anything bad about MSU.
    I think that's ridiculous. Newspapers weren't created to give you positive stokes. They're here so we have a chance to know what the hell is true. When we don't have them anymore, politicians will be able to manipulate us with total abandon. That's your money I'm talking about, as well as the quality of life in your community.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    I think that's ridiculous. Newspapers weren't created to give you positive stokes. They're here so we have a chance to know what the hell is true. When we don't have them anymore, politicians will be able to manipulate us with total abandon. That's your money I'm talking about, as well as the quality of life in your community.
    No but a newspaper covering STATE news should be unbiased. I think that is the gripe here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    No but a newspaper covering STATE news should be unbiased. I think that is the gripe here
    Hopefully, the people who have been educated by a great university like ours can read something and figure out for themselves what is biased. If they can do that, reading it probably won't hurt them.

vCash
    Hopefully, the people who have been educated by a great university like ours can read something and figure out for themselves what is biased. If they can do that, reading it probably won't hurt them.
    I feel some of us believe the CL should be held to a higher standard of reporting. We all (on this board) understand it is biased, that isn't the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    That first team is actually better than if Fred was listed as starter.. IMO
    Agree. This forces us to play Dear and Mixon in the slot and move Ross out wide. Gray is a playmaker too and this gets him on the field. It obviously really hurts our depth b/c Jackson is unproven and Myles hasn't played out wide much. Hopefully we bring back the FB/HB and use Shump and Murphy in that role.

I see people hoping for 2 TE's but the only TE who can play with his hand on the ground is Jordan Thomas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    It states, and I quote: In any case where a group of athletes are involved in an incident with law enforcement officials that may shed a negative light on the program, the athlete with the lowest ranking at the time of his recruitment is expected to step forward and claim sole responsibility for said act that necessitated law enforcement involvement and testify that other athletes now present were not there at the time of the incident or that they had just recently arrived and were diffusing the situation by protecting innocent people while humming Kumbaya.
    Perfect.

vCash
    The CL is basically a mouthpiece for UM. I can go other places to get the news on MSU. I just don't believe in supporting any organization that tries to bring down my university.

Banned
    vCash
    Who cares, let's get back to running the ball. FB, TE and 2 WRs.

vCash
    I think there is plenty enough receiving talent still here. I hope some receivers can step up and replicate the downfield blocking prowess Bear delivered.