Thread: Rogue One: a Star Wars Story trailer...

vCash

Rogue One: a Star Wars Story trailer...

Holy cow this looks good...

For those that don't know, this movie takes place prior to the events in Episode 4, a New Hope. The plot is about the rebels whose mission was to steal the death star plans (see below clip)

vCash
    Saw that this morning. I went from not very interested in seeing it to thinking I'll be in a theater this December.

vCash
    Looks great combined with Felicity Jones is HOT. People are saying she kind of looks like Rey so it might be her mom. It would be interesting if they imply it in any way.

vCash
    It's going to be epic. And assuming Rey is Luke's daughter, if they don't canonize Mara Jade as her mother, the fans will riot. Wish we'd actually gotten a shot of some Bothans, considering we know a bunch will die in this raid. There has to be at least one that's a main character. Or is the galaxy far, far away comprised only of human heroes? I'm guessing they're saving a look at a Bothan for one of the other trailers. I expect the film to end on a really dark note with most of the cast dead.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    It's going to be epic. And assuming Rey is Luke's daughter, if they don't canonize Mara Jade as her mother, the fans will riot. Wish we'd actually gotten a shot of some Bothans, considering we know a bunch will die in this raid. There has to be at least one that's a main character. Or is the galaxy far, far away comprised only of human heroes? I'm guessing they're saving a look at a Bothan for one of the other trailers. I expect the film to end on a really dark note with most of the cast dead.
    I lol'd.

I'm willing to bet we get to see Vader in this installment as well. You actually see a clip in a trailer of a figure with a cape (could be Vader, I suppose) approaching something with two the Emperor's Red Guard in the frame, so we'll see Palpatine again as well, it seems.

I'm psyched, though. The concept of this film is pretty awesome, and it's so cool to see all the old uniforms and stuff (especially the siren sound, ha).

One line in the trailer I absolutely hate, though..."This is a rebellion right? I rebel". Gosh, that is atrocious writing...but that was the only nit I could pick, ha.

vCash
    I have seen and have enjoyed the Star Wars movies but don't know anything outside that. I just realized there are some other books/series and that there is a "canon". Can someone explain what all is out there and who decides what gets "canonized"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    I have seen and have enjoyed the Star Wars movies but don't know anything outside that. I just realized there are some other books/series and that there is a "canon". Can someone explain what all is out there and who decides what gets "canonized"?
    Disney decides what gets canonized since they took over the franchise.

Basically everything is canon except for the old EU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I lol'd.

I'm willing to bet we get to see Vader in this installment as well. You actually see a clip in a trailer of a figure with a cape (could be Vader, I suppose) approaching something with two the Emperor's Red Guard in the frame, so we'll see Palpatine again as well, it seems.

I'm psyched, though. The concept of this film is pretty awesome, and it's so cool to see all the old uniforms and stuff (especially the siren sound, ha).

One line in the trailer I absolutely hate, though..."This is a rebellion right? I rebel". Gosh, that is atrocious writing...but that was the only nit I could pick, ha.
    It's been confirmed Vader will play a big role in the film.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    Todd did a pretty good summary. Disney decides what is canon and what isn't. After buying it from Lucas, they basically declared everything but the 6 movies and the Clone Wars movie & TV show non-canon. They erased 20+ years of books, comics, and video games. Needless to say, that hasn't sat very well with a sizable portion of the fan base. Erasing characters like Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Revan and Darth Bane hurts like hell.

Now to be fair to Disney - they did at least nod at some of the old "Expanded Universe (EU)" now known as the Legends Universe. The biggest was Han & Leia's son and naming him Ben (the name of Luke & Mara Jade's son in the EU). And while I don't particularly like them erasing so much, I understand why they needed to do it. They didn't want to be tied to so much existing canon.

vCash
    This is not the one where "many Bothans died to bring us this imformation." The Bothans (basically Cat people) died to get the Alliance the location of the second Death Star under construction as well as the fact that the Emperor would be there.

As WMD said, Vader will be in the movie. Easy to do. You need a big guy in a suit and James Earl Jones! Done. Probably won't see any major human characters we know. Not trying to say Mon Mothma was a minor character in the SW Universe, but she was a minor character in the movie in that the actress only had a brief appearance with a few lines. Could see some familiar aliens.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-09-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    It's been confirmed Vader will play a big role in the film.
    We know Vader will be in it, but is this shot in the trailer Vader? I'm thinking not as the character seems to have a hood which Vader doesn't have.

Tinfoil hat time. Is it Snoke? Will we get a sort of back story on him?

Is the guy I'm white uni a Grand Admiral or Intelligence Bureau? Any chance he's Yularen?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    This is not the one where "many Bothans died to bring us this imformation." The Bothans (basically Cat people) died to get the Alliance the location of the second Death Star under construction as well as the fact that the Emperor would be there.
    Damn, you're absolutely right, and I feel a bit embarrassed for that mixup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Damn, you're absolutely right, and I feel a bit embarrassed for that mixup.
    The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force....that or you'll get a Vader Forcechoke****

Fellow Star Wars fans who also like board games.....if you don't have this yet, you're really missing out:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...iginal-Trilogy

^^^Thread about it with link to "Rebellion: Week One" status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stmK...layer_embedded

^^^Promotional video
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-10-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: ETA: Video link