Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest OM investigation rumor...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    More recruiting assistants quietly being removed from the staff website because they are "pursuing other opportunities"?
    Recruiting assistants would be considered "inside this building " though, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg62 View Post
    Could have gotten that girl to start talking shit
    Wouldn't she be talking dick and not shit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Looks like the NCAA went fishing and caught a large mouth snook.

That would be like trying to reel in a gar. With those teeth it's likely gonna cut your line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    You can see it coming 100 miles away. It's also the reasoning and angle behind them ignoring state law and not not releasing the NOA as the law requires after a FOI filing. They believe, just as I predicted weeks ago, that they will be able to successfully "negotiate" with the NCAA and have a lot of what is in the letter thrown out. I promise you the NOA copy they eventually will release will be more heavily redacted than anything you've seen before.
    The more I hear the more I feel as though the NCAA has pretty much uncovered a gold mine during their investigation. UM just got way, WAY too desperate and Freeze is the perfect guy to captain the ship because he's familiar with the program, a MS guy with a lot of connections, etc. etc.....but, I know that's a slick bunch of two-faced dipshits up there and they know how to get away with stuff like this because they've had plenty of practice. They are just that sorry. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if a lot, or most, of their "activities" are thrown out after negotiations are over and some of the main characters escape unscathed - resulting in nothing more than a little corner time for the main instigators, if that. The rich get richer sort of thing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    The more I hear the more I feel as though the NCAA has pretty much uncovered a gold mine during their investigation. UM just got way, WAY too desperate and Freeze is the perfect guy to captain the ship because he's familiar with the program, a MS guy with a lot of connections, etc. etc.....but, I know that's a slick bunch of two-faced dipshits up there and they know how to get away with stuff like this because they've had plenty of practice. They are just that sorry. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if a lot, or most, of their "activities" are thrown out after negotiations are over and some of the main characters escape unscathed - resulting in nothing more than a little corner time for the main instigators, if that. The rich get richer sort of thing.
    No. Too many much more powerful programs are too invested in this and the NCAA would look like complete idiots after the amount of time they've spent to throw this shit under the rug.

The NCAA would look crooked to come away with small shit at this point.

It's just too obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    No. Too many much more powerful programs are too invested in this and the NCAA would look like complete idiots after the amount of time they've spent to throw this shit under the rug.

It's just too obvious.
    Bingo.

They are negotiating their asses off for Bucky not to get a show cause.

vCash

It's just too obvious.
    The UNM people are blaming Bama instead of us. No way this slides.

vCash

It's just too obvious.
    Exactly! Plus if OM gets off with a slap on the wrist then the NCAA Infractions Committee can just fold up shop and quit trying to maintain a semblence of control. Every program including the Ivy League will start brazenly paying players.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Is there some possibility that these burner phones got these boosters booted?
    The NCAA can assume who the phone belongs to and use it to make conclusions in their final repeat without any proof whatsoever.

The "rogue booster" thing is always funny to me. If Mr. Tupelo is smart, he'll keep it quiet and just let them label him whatever they want, but anyone with half a fart of a brain cell knows that you can't operate at a high level in a coordinated fashion without some level of prolonged coordination with the staff. Of course I'm just assuming that's what would be needed given my limited understanding of these things.

What we went through a few years ago is peanuts compared to this. We're fortunate we've never been in this deep, but I do t think we've ever pulled the kind of stunts Ole Miss has been pulling either. Fake ACT's, houses, cars, cash, girls, etc... All in the same class for the same kids?!!!!!??!?! Unreal how much money they've been throwing at this. If they have a booster, they have the pipeline. OM better hope their guys are tight lipped and willing to take a bullet for them in the media or the house of cards will crumble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    The NCAA can assume who the phone belongs to and use it to make conclusions in their final repeat without any proof whatsoever.

The "rogue booster" thing is always funny to me. If Mr. Tupelo is smart, he'll keep it quiet and just let them label him whatever they want, but anyone with half a fart of a brain cell knows that you can't operate at a high level in a coordinated fashion without some level of prolonged coordination with the staff. Of course I'm just assuming that's what would be needed given my limited understanding of these things.

What we went through a few years ago is peanuts compared to this. We're fortunate we've never been in this deep, but I do t think we've ever pulled the kind of stunts Ole Miss has been pulling either. Fake ACT's, houses, cars, cash, girls, etc... All in the same class for the same kids?!!!!!??!?! Unreal how much money they've been throwing at this. If they have a booster, they have the pipeline. OM better hope their guys are tight lipped and willing to take a bullet for them in the media or the house of cards will crumble.
    This is what most people forget. No real "proof" is needed. This isn't a court of law.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Freeze and Nix is what I've heard.
    Nix has always been one of their bagmen. I have NO DOUBT Freeze runs the system, but I know the Athletic Directors in the past knew and approved of it.