Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Easter Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Easter Edition

Happy Easter to all fellow Outdoor Dawgs and lurkers. We're having a crawfish boil on Easter so I'll have some decent pictures then.

vCash
    Pizza and getting my gear all rigged up to chase some trout in the morning. Looks like it will be a little cool, but wind forecast "looks" good. Planning on a stuffed pork tenderloin tomorrow afternoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Pizza and getting my gear all rigged up to chase some trout in the morning. Looks like it will be a little cool, but wind forecast "looks" good. Planning on a stuffed pork tenderloin tomorrow afternoon.
    You'll have to give us a report? How was the fishing on the panhandle last week?

vCash
    Hot dogs tonight but New York Strips, Rack of Lamb, potatoes, and grilled asparagus tomorrow night. Beer (from among Jack the Sipper, Yalabousha Copperhead, Monkeynaught, Old Rasputin, and Sam Adams Rebel IPA) beforehand, Duckhorn Zinfandel with the meal, and some sort of after dinner drink (from among Graham's 20 year Tawny Port, Grand Marnier, Benedictine, Blanton's, Ardberg, and Bunnahabhain).

vCash
    Went to Popps Ferry this morning and caught a few reds a one flounder. Grilled the reds at a crawfish boil tonight. I went running right before we went so I was on E and I ate so many crawfish that I'm good for the whole season.
    Last night I tried something that didn't work out. I'm a gas grill guy because I like eating good cooked food more than the 'BBQ experience'. Well I tried smoking a butt on my gas grill. We ended up eating a seafood plate from down the road and the dogs are the 'smoked butt' from the grill. When I get back from work in May I will be buying a smoker.

ETA tried to add fish pics but it only allows a url link and I'm too full of beer and crawdads to hear that
    Last edited by Uncle Ruckus; 03-25-2016 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    It's Prom weekend - which is a teenage girl version of Daytona 500 weekend, the Masters, and the Egg Bowl all rolled into one mass of estrogen, make up, and emotional mothers. I'm just going to sit back with my shotgun and a jar moonshine and stare at the date with my gun sight eye slightly twitchy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    You'll have to give us a report? How was the fishing on the panhandle last week?
    Couldn't fish last weekend, due to weather. Today, we got run off the water at 7:30 after getting rained on at 4 different spots . No fish in the hour we were out. Zero % chance of rain apparently means lightning and lots of rain.

Stuffed & wrapped pork tenderloin, deer sausage, teriyaki chicken & pineapple and squash & zucchini on the grill. Leftover white cans from the beach.

vCash
    Sounds like you have my weather luck Speck. Hey, Uncle Ruckes, upload those photos to phitobucket and then copy paste the link in the que box and uncheck the box at the bottom.

We had the family Easter egg dying deal for all the kid cousins. Pulled pork was the menu. No pics. Bought to drain a monkeynaut and hit the sack. Early church and then crawfish tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Couldn't fish last weekend, due to weather. Today, we got run off the water at 7:30 after getting rained on at 4 different spots . No fish in the hour we were out. Zero % chance of rain apparently means lightning and lots of rain.

Stuffed & wrapped pork tenderloin, deer sausage, teriyaki chicken & pineapple and squash & zucchini on the grill. Leftover white cans from the beach.

That tenderloin looks like it was the truth....