Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simmons Charges

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Clarion Ledger headline: "Simmons with ALMOST a felony charge"
    Good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaIsYourDaddy View Post
    Wow, you guys are truly pathetic. I would generally stay out of the cespool that is Mississippi football, but after all the shit you idiots have talked about Ole Piss in my time following the sport on the internet, this is a complete embarrassment. None of you should ever be allowed to say a word about anything that happens at Ole Piss ever again.
    Get this sumbitch outta here

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaIsYourDaddy View Post
    Wow, you guys are truly pathetic. I would generally stay out of the cespool that is Mississippi football, but after all the shit you idiots have talked about Ole Piss in my time following the sport on the internet, this is a complete embarrassment. None of you should ever be allowed to say a word about anything that happens at Ole Piss ever again.
    As soon as a mod stops sleeping on the job you won't be posting here any longer. Say hi to your fat wife for me. Maybe one day you'll actually have enough money to attend a university. Won't be Alabama though. Sorry bro

vCash
    Im not understanding the uproar. Simmons got 2 misdemeanors. Why should he be kicked off the team for that? The police / investigators didn't think he deserved a felony charge.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Im not understanding the uproar. Simmons got 2 misdemeanors. Why should he be kicked off the team for that? The police / investigators didn't think he deserved a felony charge.
    Because the "woman" was not the poor damsel in distress some on here have made "her" out to be.

vCash
    What kind of punishment are we expecting from mullen here? Im sure its impossible to predict but I am expecting a pretty hefty suspension.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    What kind of punishment are we expecting from mullen here? Im sure its impossible to predict but I am expecting a pretty hefty suspension.
    He can't go home for thanksgiving

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg62 View Post
    He can't go home for thanksgiving
    Haha that's awful, but funny!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by state66 View Post
    I'm not. If nothing comes of it but a simple assault charge, he probably won't get but a game. As bad as it looks, there are incoming freshmen athletes that get in trouble every year and if it's not a player for your team or a close rival, you never hear about it. How many people knew about the ole Miss recruit that got in trouble for the hazing involving anal stuff before he popped up in association with ole miss? That was a pretty spectacular story that was reported on, yet we didn't know much about it. There's always a chance something with video will blow up, but even if it does, it'd have to blow up at a particular time for it to put any pressure on how state treats him. I'm assuming he won't even be on campus for another few months. Plenty of stuff will pop up between now and then that puts this in the proper perspective of "bad, very bad, but not something that's going to hold the attention of the nation or internet bad."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Exactly. No felonies but people want his head? Obviously we don't know all the details. If it was as bad as what people are making it out he would be in jail right now. It's apparent the police know just a little bit more about the situation than we do.

vCash
    Hefty suspension? He's not even enrolled at State? I'll be surprised if he doesn't play vs South Alabama. No reason for him not to.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It's a terrible lapse in judgment on his part, but it was motivated by family. Mullen will let him proceed with a stern warning. As long as no pattern develops, Simmons will be here and be an immediate contributor.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Old news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hefty suspension? He's not even enrolled at State? I'll be surprised if he doesn't play vs South Alabama. No reason for him not to.
    I think Simmons should be kept out of MSU football games for 4 months, starting today. He can only work out and practice with the team.

vCash
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    It's a terrible lapse in judgment on his part, but it was motivated by family. Mullen will let him proceed with a stern warning. As long as no pattern develops, Simmons will be here and be an immediate contributor.
    ^and this

MSU has no responsibility to "punish" him. This is a matter between him and the law. He's not. A. Student. At. Mississippi. State.

For MSU it's a PR matter and little, if anything else. And it's not so bad of a PR matter we should make some big show of ditching him. THAT'S WHAT OTHER SCHOOLS WANT US DO FOR THEIR OWN SAKS NOT SOME MORAL HIGH GROUND. Mississippi State University has nothing to do with this. Their locking their chops hooping MSU will panic and be that stupid/gullible. THEY WANT TO SIGN HIM.

ETA: I was just about to correct the spelling of "locking" to "licking" and "hooping" to "hoping" open, but then I got a whim to read the sentence with a Scottish accent and decided to leave it as is. Try it.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 03-29-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    C34 is right he isn't even enrolled at MSU! all you sanctimonious 17'ers need to Shut up! The Bitch pushed too many buttons and got her button pushed back. I doubt ******* will even touch this it isn't even his business. At least he wasn't on Spice when he punched her.

vCash
    If he's still allowed to enroll as a student at MSU, then why should he not be allowed to play football. If this happened on campus, then this would be a bigger issue. Question, if this happened off campus while he was just a student at MSU, would he be allowed to still attend, if it's only a misdemeanor? Hell, I got a DUI while at State and was still allowed to go to school there, with zero punishment from the school. I know this is a little different with him striking a female, but this is for the law to take care of, not MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    I think Simmons should be kept out of MSU football games for 4 months, starting today. He can only work out and practice with the team.
    Excellent thinking!