Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moved up to #5 in Baseball America

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    I'm not sold on the Sunday performance vs Oregon being more meaningful than the two SEC Sundays. Per Kendall Rogers @ D1BB earlier today: "The Ducks are ranked 287 nationally in batting average, 212 in scoring, 241 in runs, 249 doubles per game, and 134 in homers per game."

I agree that we should expect a couple guys to improve as the year goes on, but at this point, no clue who that might be.
    Breaux, Small, maybe Pilkington, maybe Keegan James, hopefully Paul Young.

Brown has value to us- but it's just not as a starter. He's VERY good the first time through the order. Usually after that is when he gets shelled. That screams relief pitcher to me. IF we use him that way I think he can be an asset to us. If we keep asking him to get through an order three times, he's going to keep getting hit like he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    I'm not sold on the Sunday performance vs Oregon being more meaningful than the two SEC Sundays. Per Kendall Rogers @ D1BB earlier today: "The Ducks are ranked 287 nationally in batting average, 212 in scoring, 241 in runs, 249 doubles per game, and 134 in homers per game."

I agree that we should expect a couple guys to improve as the year goes on, but at this point, no clue who that might be.
    I'm not saying it's more important. I'm just pointing out that it's all small sample sizes at this point. Everyone keeps pointing out the last 2 series-enders and forgets about that one.