Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moved up to #5 in Baseball America

vCash

Moved up to #5 in Baseball America

vCash
    That's crazy talk. Especially considering we have no Sunday starter.

If we somehow find a way to shore up Sunday, I think we are a top10 team pretty easily. And will host. But Sunday has to be figured out in the next two weekends, or that won't happen.

vCash
    Pleased but surprised. What did we do this week to look top 5? I think we can thank Vanderbilt and maybe even FAU for this high regard.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    That's crazy talk. Especially considering we have no Sunday starter.

If we somehow find a way to shore up Sunday, I think we are a top10 team pretty easily. And will host. But Sunday has to be figured out in the next two weekends, or that won't happen.
    I agree

vCash
    We have the meat of our schedule coming the month. We'll learn alot about this bunch and see if we can get any growth out of the back end of the staff. They have no choice but to grow up or we gonna take some hits. It's a good reward for right now though
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I love our team but that's surprisingly high.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I think it's surprising because we analyze our team with a fine tooth comb. Truth is everybody has flaws we just magnify ours. Vandy was unbeatable until we went to Nashville & took 2 of 3. All this week Florida was the most complete team in baseball until Kentucky took 2 of 3. Every team has issues. When we're at our peak we can play with & beat anybody we also can lose to anybody when we're not focused. Are we top 5 right now? Maybe not but we have that ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think it's surprising because we analyze our team with a fine tooth comb. Truth is everybody has flaws we just magnify ours. Vandy was unbeatable until we went to Nashville & took 2 of 3. All this week Florida was the most complete team in baseball until Kentucky took 2 of 3. Every team has issues. When we're at our peak we can play with & beat anybody we also can lose to anybody when we're not focused. Are we top 5 right now? Maybe not but we have that ability.
    Well said. We can find a couple guys to step up out of the bullpen we are top 10 easy. Bullpen is going to make or break this season

vCash
    Agreed Coach. We play OM, @UF, TAMU, and @LSU. 6-6 through that gauntlet would be my expectation and I don't think you could find a team in the country that you could say would 100% for sure do better than that through those 12 games, especially considering our Sunday pitching woes.

If we win more than 6 that would certainly impress the hell out of me and I would be very content with that. Means we won 3 series or swept at least one team which either way looks really good for us as those would all be quality wins.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 03-28-2016 at 07:58 AM.

vCash
    Only MSU fans can argue that we are ranked too high.

vCash
    Network conspiracy to boost TSUN's RPI.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Network conspiracy to boost TSUN's RPI.***
    More likely they are confusing the two of us again******

Not sure if sarcasteriks needed
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Baseball America got confused and ranked best places to play again. No way Cohen has us top 5. Strick did that when he built the Dude.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    +1
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Yep. The last 3 weeks, we have swept Oregon, beat Vandy 2/3 on the road, and then beat a decent UGA 2/3. That's a phenomenal stretch and should bump you way up in the rankings. Our fans care way too much about those 2 midweek losses last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yep. The last 3 weeks, we have swept Oregon, beat Vandy 2/3 on the road, and then beat a decent UGA 2/3. That's a phenomenal stretch and should bump you way up in the rankings. Our fans care way too much about those 2 midweek losses last week.
    I'm honestly still pissed about that and opening weekend. We'd be top 3 if it weren't for losing those crap games. Maybe #1.

vCash
    ^^^This^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Right now its just a major issue that we only have 2 dependable starting pitchers. If we had lost the Sunday game to GA by a 7-6 score I think most of us would feel much better but its just the way our Sunday guys are getting demolished and can't seem to find the strike zone that are of such concern. We don't need a 3rd ace but we do need some guys that will at least give us a chance in the 3rd game. Right now we don't have that, so far giving up double digit runs in both SEC series in the last game.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 03-28-2016 at 09:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Right now its just a major issue that we only have 2 dependable starting pitchers. If we had lost the Sunday game to GA by a 7-6 score I think most of us would feel much better but its just the way our Sunday guys are getting demolished and can't seem to find the strike zone that are of such concern. We don't need a 3rd ace but we do need some guys that will at least give us a chance in the 3rd game. Right now we don't have that, so far giving up double digit runs in both SEC series in the last game.
    This is something we need to get fixed, but it's also being overblown by State fans. First, it's a small sample size. And second, it happens. I feel pretty confident that someone will step up to give us some consistency on Sundays. I can pretty much guarantee you that a ton of teams in the top 25 have a similar issue right now, but State fans notoriously evaluate us in a vacuum.

vCash
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 03-28-2016 at 11:19 AM.