Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When sports become more important than right or wrong

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Obviously. But that doesn't mean our fans' responses in some cases haven't been embarrassing.
    You continue to gloss over the fact the woman getting punched in the face had just recently spoke shit about dead loved ones to their grieving family members faces. So basically a woman can literally say anything at all to someone and never face the repercussions of a fist making contact with her free to say anything mouth? Damn maybe Bruce Jenner is on to something here. Get woman of the year and become free to say anything to anyone at anytime and never face repercussions for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You continue to gloss over the fact the woman getting punched in the face had just recently spoke shit about dead loved ones to their grieving family members faces. So basically a woman can literally say anything at all to someone and never face the repercussions of a fist making contact with her free to say anything mouth? Damn maybe Bruce Jenner is on to something here. Get woman of the year and become free to say anything to anyone at anytime and never face repercussions for it.
    I'm not glossing over that fact, it just doesn't have much bearing on the response. Of course that's an awful thing to do. If she was a Mississippi State recruit, I'd be discussing her role more, she certainly played a role in what happened, assuming what Simmons said is true.

But that in no way excuses a man for punching a woman. It just doesn't. I'm sorry if you disagree, but 98% of human beings don't.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You can't say anything you want without repercussions, but you should not have to worry about a 280 pound athlete beating the shit out of you under any circumstances (unless you are threatening him with a weapon or something similar) if you are a female. It's just not acceptable. I will support whatever our administration decides to do because we have shown in the past that we handle these situations well (there haven't been many to deal with which is a compliment).

vCash
    The Nkemdiche brothers beat up a guy so bad, it sent him to the hospital where he stayed considerable time for treatment. The Nkemdiches were sued for $2,000,000 each over the incident. The Nkemdiches missed no games over this, nor any games over being photographed doing illegal drugs.

Ole Miss signed and played Masoli from Oregon after he was kicked out of school for stealing a TV.

Ole Miss recruited (signed? I don't follow OM crootin) a former Penn State player who sexually assaulted his teammates.

Ole Miss recruited a Michigan State player who was accused of battery in improperly touching a female, and had charges of criminal mischief, defacing property, and resisting arrest.

The crown jewel of Ole Miss basketball a few years ago had a cocaine problem.

Ole Miss signed a QB after he was arrested for getting in a bar fight and threatening gun violence.

There's more, but it doesn't stop at players. Ole Miss has a DL coach with a criminal past as well.

So...any Ole Miss folks bugging you folks should disqualified from any conversation about Simmons.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    The Nkemdiche brothers beat up a guy so bad, it sent him to the hospital where he stayed considerable time for treatment. The Nkemdiches were sued for $2,000,000 each over the incident. The Nkemdiches missed no games over this, nor any games over being photographed doing illegal drugs.

Ole Miss signed and played Masoli from Oregon after he was kicked out of school for stealing a TV.

Ole Miss recruited (signed? I don't follow OM crootin) a former Penn State player who sexually assaulted his teammates.

Ole Miss recruited a Michigan State player who was accused of battery in improperly touching a female, and had charges of criminal mischief, defacing property, and resisting arrest.

The crown jewel of Ole Miss basketball a few years ago had a cocaine problem.

Ole Miss signed a QB after he was arrested for getting in a bar fight and threatening gun violence.

There's more, but it doesn't stop at players. Ole Miss has a DL coach with a criminal past as well.

So...any Ole Miss folks bugging you folks should disqualified from any conversation about Simmons.
    Ole Miss people are the last ones that need to say anything about this situation. They literally just signed a guy that puts his finger up other guys asses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Apparently, as long as it was another guy, you can beat them to within an inch of their life and nobody cares. Especially if no one has video rolling.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    You can't say anything you want without repercussions, but you should not have to worry about a 280 pound athlete beating the shit out of you under any circumstances (unless you are threatening him with a weapon or something similar) if you are a female. It's just not acceptable. I will support whatever our administration decides to do because we have shown in the past that we handle these situations well (there haven't been many to deal with which is a compliment).
    Why would or should a woman feel they have the guaranteed safety of knowing a much larger human won't attack her if she says evil shit straight to their face? Because they are born with a vag*na they magically get some protection from being a dumbass? Would you mess with a bear cub in front of the grown momma bear? No. You wouldn't. You also wouldn't talk shit to a 280lb man about his recently deceased family members. When did having a vag*na give you free reign on doing dumb stupid shit? It's an old-school sexist mentality to continue to allow woman to think they are born with freedom to say dumb shit to giant humans.

vCash
    about his recently deceased family members.
    I know there are always two sides to every story, and this is Jeffrey's (and it could very well be 100% accurate), but how it is being taken as gospel is interesting to me, and definitely what I was trying to get across in the locked thread.

Didn't 99% of the posters here viciously rip apart all the OM fans who "so blindly" supported Tunsil after his altercation, not to mention Freeze after saying "he was proud of Laremy for protecting his mother"? I know I did. I didn't buy it then; don't today....But now, that it is one of our guys (a 5* DE, no less) in the spotlight, such blind faith/support is perfectly acceptable? Are our fans incapable of seeing the hypocrisy here? It's also funny there is another thread discussing this topic, and it is titled "hypocrites".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Ole Miss people are the last ones that need to say anything about this situation. They literally just signed a guy that puts his finger up other guys asses.
    Yeah- I had no idea about this until a couple of days ago. That had to be an extremely awkward recruitment. But he should fit in well in Oxford
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I know there are always two sides to every story, and this is Jeffrey's (and it could very well be 100% accurate), but how it is being taken as gospel is interesting to me, and definitely what I was trying to get across in the locked thread.

Didn't 99% of the posters here viciously rip apart all the OM fans who "so blindly" supported Tunsil after his altercation, not to mention Freeze after saying "he was proud of Laremy for protecting his mother"? I know I did. I didn't buy it then; don't today....But now, that it is one of our guys (a 5* DE, no less) in the spotlight, such blind faith/support is perfectly acceptable? Are our fans incapable of seeing the hypocrisy here? It's also funny there is another thread discussing this topic, and it is titled "hypocrites".
    Until I'm given proof otherwise I am always taking my MSU blood's side over some random. I'd do it for you too.

vCash

What you are missing is that the fight did not start with Jeffrey Simmons- it was with his Mother/sister. That's been documented as fact. So his story of helping them is pretty widely accepted as fact. And he was wrong in hitting the woman while she was down. That is also fact

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So his story of helping them is pretty widely accepted as fact. And he was wrong in hitting the woman while she was down. That is also fact
    I know, I saw both of those things happen in the video. However, the common sentiment here is that 1)Jeffrey was just reacting to bad words directed at dead family members, and 2)its not OK to hit woman, but understandable, per se, if said woman is enticing you.

To me, it seems the circumstance of her already being on her back when he threw a barrage of punches at her is being extremely under-emphasized here. He didn't just slap her once.

Not to mention, but I'm sorry....having "bad words" thrown at you doesn't give anyone a right to lay their hands on another person. I know its difficult, and some people, more than others, are prone to fits of rage and retribution, but still....I don't think someone has the right to react that way, anymore than I think someone has the right to blow me up if I chose to draw a cartoon of Mohammad wearing lingerie and sportin' a gag-ball.

I suppose someone can react anyway they want when met with vile words, but you'll also likely have to deal with the assault charge.

Banned
    vCash
    I know, I saw both of those things happen in the video. However, the common sentiment here is that 1)Jeffrey was just reacting to bad words directed at dead family members, and 2)its not OK to hit woman, but understandable, per se, if said woman is enticing you.

To me, it seems the circumstance of her already being on her back when he threw a barrage of punches at her is being extremely under-emphasized here. He didn't just slap her once.

Not to mention, but I'm sorry....having "bad words" thrown at you doesn't give anyone a right to lay their hands on another person. I know its difficult, and some people, more than others, are prone to fits of rage and retribution, but still....I don't think someone has the right to react that way, anymore than I think someone has the right to blow me up if I chose to draw a cartoon of Mohammad wearing lingerie and sportin' a gag-ball.

I suppose someone can react anyway they want when met with vile words, but you'll also likely have to deal with the assault charge.
    Who is saying Simmons shouldn't face any discipline at all for it? You're just adding logs to the fire for no reason at this point.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Take the moral high road if you want, but don't complain when the other guys who do consider sports more important than right or wrong beat you. Not saying that makes it ok, but that's just how it is.
    Yeah, because looking the other way on videos of players assaulting women is the only thing separating us from beating Alabama every year. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I'm not supporting or condemning Simmons having a future with us as that's up to the coaches. But this ridiculous argument that other schools win because they don't let this type of stuff get in the way of landing a guy has got to stop. Look at the rosters of pretty much any Top 5 or Top 10 team from recent years and you will find dozens of 4 and 5 star players that have never been in trouble with the law.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Why would or should a woman feel they have the guaranteed safety of knowing a much larger human won't attack her if she says evil shit straight to their face? Because they are born with a vag*na they magically get some protection from being a dumbass? Would you mess with a bear cub in front of the grown momma bear? No. You wouldn't. You also wouldn't talk shit to a 280lb man about his recently deceased family members. When did having a vag*na give you free reign on doing dumb stupid shit? It's an old-school sexist mentality to continue to allow woman to think they are born with freedom to say dumb shit to giant humans.

Well I don't really think anyone should be beating anyone's ass over a verbal altercation but it is especially worse in my eyes when it is someone who is obviously severely overmatched. I understand your points, and the idiot who was running her mouth deserves consequences, just not the type she got. No one deserves that over something that they say to someone. Also, I'm about as right wing as anyone on this board and probably let agree with you on most other social issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Yeah, because looking the other way on videos of players assaulting women is the only thing separating us from beating Alabama every year. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I'm not supporting or condemning Simmons having a future with us as that's up to the coaches. But this ridiculous argument that other schools win because they don't let this type of stuff get in the way of landing a guy has got to stop. Look at the rosters of pretty much any Top 5 or Top 10 team from recent years and you will find dozens of 4 and 5 star players that have never been in trouble with the law.
    You missed the point.

vCash
    Jeff tried separating the two women a couple times before he lost his cool and threw the punches. He shouldn't have lost his temper and punched the woman, but if someone is beating on my wife/sister/daughter you best believe I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get that person off whether they're female or not I'm not excusing what Jeff did, but how would you like for people to be making judgments about you based off of a 2 minute video in an emotionally escalating event when you were in high school. It wouldn't be fair would it?

Banned
    vCash
    Who is saying Simmons shouldn't face any discipline at all for it? You're just adding logs to the fire for no reason at this point.
    Exactly. The clowns are the ones saying cut him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Jeff tried separating the two women a couple times before he lost his cool and threw the punches. He shouldn't have lost his temper and punched the woman, but if someone is beating on my wife/sister/daughter you best believe I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get that person off whether they're female or not I'm not excusing what Jeff did, but how would you like for people to be making judgments about you based off of a 2 minute video in an emotionally escalating event when you were in high school. It wouldn't be fair would it?
    The woman he hit assaulted his family. This will be a non-issue in 2 weeks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The woman he hit assaulted his family. This will be a non-issue in 2 weeks
    Exactly. i just wish some of our fans would leave it alone