Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Baseball Standings thru Week 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I can assure you I'm taken seriously- thats why I have a ******* website. Whether I'm agreed with is a different issue.

The thing you and others dont seem to understand:

You want to say its ok for Cohen to bunt with Kruger on Friday night because it was the 6th inning- to you it makes sense you guys say because of where the game was. But then he comes right back the next day and does it in the 2nd inning- which EVERYONE AGREES IS STUPID. Here is where you miss out- Cohen doesnt care what ****ing inning it is- its his ****ed up philosophy. What inning it is never occurs to him, its a non-issue- by God this is what he is going to do. Thats the problem. We have 8 years now of proof. Inning is of no consequence to Cohen- so why should it matter to you?
    Ha, you are not taken seriously in regards to baseball. Sorry to burst your bubble. Having a website doesn't make you know more, I know that's a new concept. The only person agreeing with you is Will James aka Dawg62, I should end it there.

Thanks for proving my point that it is all about your hatred of Cohen. You just admitted that you are unable to view each situation as its own situation...instead you made it about Cohen's philosophy, which is EXACTLY what I said was yours and 62's problem.

I can accept that admission.

Ha, carry on.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-27-2016 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ha, you are not taken seriously in regards to baseball. Sorry to burst your bubble. Having a website doesn't make you know more, I know that's a new concept. The only person agreeing with you is Will James aka Dawg62, I should end it there.

Thanks for proving my point that it is all about your hatred of Cohen. You just admitted that you are unable to view each situation as its own situation...instead you made it about Cohen's philosophy, which is EXACTLY what I said was yours and 62's problem.

Ha, carry on.
    lol-ok. Here is where you become a simpleton like the rest- there is no "hatred". I can disagree with people without "hatred".The bunting is simply ridiculous- and most people agree with me- not you- that's why Cohen's ass got ****ing boo'ed Saturday. A baseball coach got boo'ed- how often does that happen in college baseball over a game decision??? Almost never does that happen in college baseball. The only time you hear a boo in college baseball is if the coach comes out to argue or an umpire misses a call. Cohen got boo'ed. Thats why I know I am viewed seriously about baseball and you are simply someone that played T-ball and think you know some shit.

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    lol-ok. Here is where you become a simpleton like the rest- there is no "hatred". I can disagree with people without "hatred".The bunting is simply ridiculous- and most people agree with me- not you- that's why Cohen's ass got ****ing boo'ed Saturday. A baseball coach got boo'ed- how often does that happen in college baseball over a game decision??? Almost never does that happen in college baseball. The only time you hear a boo in college baseball is if the coach comes out to argue or an umpire misses a call. Cohen got boo'ed. Thats why I know I am viewed seriously about baseball and you are simply someone that played T-ball and think you know some shit.

And yet again, you make it about Cohen and his philosophy. We were discussing the Friday night bunt, but you're incapable of seeing it as its own situation. Like I said from the beginning. Which is why you cannot be reasoned with, and why nobody takes you serious.

It's pretty humorous.

Oh, and cute T-ball reference. Says a lot. When you have to tell people you're right and how big of a deal you are....you probably aren't.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-27-2016 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    The next 9 games are huge
    UMiss Lsu Am
    Need to go no worse than 5-4...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    UMiss Lsu Am
    Yep. Gotta get 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 vs OM. Otherwise we're behind the 8 ball for a month.

vCash
    I don't have to tell anything- the boos said it all. Not to mention that Cohen's job was on the line starting the season and our new ballpark that we announced is on hold because alot of the money people have pulled donations over our coach.

His is support is 50/50 at best

vCash
    I don't have to tell anything- the boos said it all. Not to mention that Cohen's job was on the line starting the season and our new ballpark that we announced is on hold because alot of the money people have pulled donations over our coach.

His is support is 50/50 at best
    Who was debating Cohen's support? You've spun yourself completely away from the original discussion at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    UMiss Lsu Am
    Actually it's Ole Miss, at Florida, A&M SBW, and then at LSU.

USM Tuesday won't be easy either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Actually it's Ole Miss, at Florida, A&M SBW, and then at LSU.

USM Tuesday won't be easy either.
    My bad next 12 are huge ..
    7-5 needs to be the goal ..
    Anything north of that is gravy ....

Banned
    vCash
    Who was debating Cohen's support? You've spun yourself completely away from the original discussion at this point.
    The Friday night bunt was terrible too. Not as bad as Saturday's but you don't give away a free out vs a pitcher throwing a no-hitter. Disagree? Find me just one example in the history of SEC baseball where a team sac bunted before the 7th vs a guy throwing a no-no. (Not bunting to try to get a hit. That I can agree is not a bad call.) Sac bunting is a terrible call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    The Friday night bunt was terrible too. Not as bad as Saturday's but you don't give away a free out vs a pitcher throwing a no-hitter. Disagree? Find me just one example in the history of SEC baseball where a team sac bunted before the 7th vs a guy throwing a no-no. (Not bunting to try to get a hit. That I can agree is not a bad call.) Sac bunting is a terrible call.
    with a guy batting in the 4-hole no less.

And thats the problem Cadaver refuses to acknowledge- and tries to play it off as "Cohen hate". We used to bunt with Wes Rea for crying out loud. Wes-freaking-Rea

Banned
    vCash
    that's why Cohen's ass got ****ing boo'ed Saturday. A baseball coach got boo'ed- how often does that happen in college baseball over a game decision??? Almost never does that happen in college baseball. Cohen got boo'ed.
    I'll take some credit here in raising awareness over the last 5 years

vCash
    I think you guys are looking at this issue too black and white

Personally, at the MLB level, I hate bunting before the 8th inning as it absolutely lessens your chances of scoring. However, we must account for the fact that all the bunting statistics are based off MLB games with MLB players being the ones that are bunting and hitting.

The problem with this is that, other than National League pitchers, MLB hitters are all "capable" of hitting doubles and driving in runs, while many college players are not.

So, while objectively I disagree with bunting, my objectivity is based on the assumption that a capable hitter is the one doing the bunting. But this isn't true and this is where college baseball coaches must know their team and how each player is swinging the bat at the time.

So, continue arguing but it's not black and white. Cohen bunts too much for my taste, but he also doesn't have MLB hitters 1-9 in his lineup and therefore should bunt more than an MLB team. You can't keep throwing out MLB statistics and state that they are perfectly transferable to college baseball

vCash
    with a guy batting in the 4-hole no less.

And thats the problem Cadaver refuses to acknowledge- and tries to play it off as "Cohen hate". We used to bunt with Wes Rea for crying out loud. Wes-freaking-Rea
    Once again, you are debating something totally different now. You spun a debate about whether Friday night's bunt was acceptable (which it clearly was), and are now talking about Cohen getting booed and Wes Rea? I guess you feel so bad about your position on the Friday night bunt, that you've decided to spin until that's not the argument anymore.

Read through the debate and look at how you've changed the subject totally.

I do not agree with Cohen's small ball philosophy. That being said, bunting Lowe over in the 6th on Friday was a totally acceptable call given the situation....and if any other coach not named Cohen had done it, you three wouldn't have even discussed it. Why? Because you are totally Stuck on your hatred of Cohen's small ball, so you cannot see past it. That, and you clearly don't understand that baseball is situational.

There's no point in arguing with you, because you're so close minded, and instead of thinking there might be a chance you're wrong, you'd rather look foolish trying to stand behind a poor argument.

vCash
    Once again, you are debating something totally different now. You spun a debate about whether Friday night's bunt was acceptable (which it clearly was), and are now talking about Cohen getting booed and Wes Rea? I guess you feel so bad about your position on the Friday night bunt, that you've decided to spin until that's not the argument anymore.

Read through the debate and look at how you've changed the subject totally.

I do not agree with Cohen's small ball philosophy. That being said, bunting Lowe over in the 6th on Friday was a totally acceptable call given the situation....and if any other coach not named Cohen had done it, you three wouldn't have even discussed it. Why? Because you are totally Stuck on your hatred of Cohen's small ball, so you cannot see past it. That, and you clearly don't understand that baseball is situational.

There's no point in arguing with you, because you're so close minded, and instead of thinking there might be a chance you're wrong, you'd rather look foolish trying to stand behind a poor argument.
    I feel the same about the Friday bunt as I did when it happened- shitty call. And its a shitty call by any coach that does it- its just that very few would be that dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Personally, at the MLB level, I hate bunting before the 8th inning as it absolutely lessens your chances of scoring. However, we must account for the fact that all the bunting statistics are based off MLB games with MLB players being the ones that are bunting and hitting.

The problem with this is that, other than National League pitchers, MLB hitters are all "capable" of hitting doubles and driving in runs, while many college players are not.

So, while objectively I disagree with bunting, my objectivity is based on the assumption that a capable hitter is the one doing the bunting. But this isn't true and this is where college baseball coaches must know their team and how each player is swinging the bat at the time.

So, continue arguing but it's not black and white. Cohen bunts too much for my taste, but he also doesn't have MLB hitters 1-9 in his lineup and therefore should bunt more than an MLB team. You can't keep throwing out MLB statistics and state that they are perfectly transferable to college baseball
    I agree with this 100%- thats why I get on Dawg62 about his stats. You cant use those hardline for college baseball because its a different game.

And I'll say it again- Cohen got boo'ed on Saturday for an in-game call. I've never seen that happen before. Never. They werent just booing that one call- to get to the point of booing a call in a game- you are seeing people that are fed up with it. Cohen literally made history Saturday as State's coach by getting boo'ed at home over an in-game call.

vCash
    I feel the same about the Friday bunt as I did when it happened- shitty call. And its a shitty call by any coach that does it- its just that very few would be that dumb.
    Hilarious. If Lowe doesn't make a dumb base running error, we might tie the game up bc of that decision...yet "it's shitty" bc a message board coach says so. That's another thing I find funny, 62 keeps saying "we ask Kruger to do something he CANT do!".....yet, Friday he was asked to sac bunt and he did so successfully, putting a RISP with 1 out for 2 of our best hitters to try and tie it on one hit. So clearly, "he CAN".

You guys would have rather lost that Friday game swinging away, than won it due to a sac bunt. It's astounding how absurd that is. It's as if you put your dislike of a style of play ahead of the wins/losses themselves. It's selfish and does no good, bc Cohen isn't taking our advice no matter how bad we all hate his incessant bunting. Fortunately, 99% of the board is able to see beyond Cohen's style and recognize situational baseball and that there are times to play small ball. Sorry you guys can't. Going to make Cohen's tenure miserable for you even if we win it all apparently.

Banned
    vCash

l
    Not Boyd

http://www.boydsworld.com/data/ert.html

Banned
    vCash
    You guys would have rather lost that Friday game swinging away, than won it due to a sac bunt. It's astounding how absurd that is. It's as if you put your dislike of a style of play ahead of the wins/losses themselves. It's selfish and does no good, bc Cohen isn't taking our advice no matter how bad we all hate his incessant bunting. Fortunately, 99% of the board is able to see beyond Cohen's style and recognize situational baseball and that there are times to play small ball. Sorry you guys can't. Going to make Cohen's tenure miserable for you even if we win it all apparently.
    Absolutely not I wouldn't rather lose swinging away than win sac bunting. I can't believe you think that. That's absurd Cadaver. TAKE IT BACK lol. The problem here with this thinking is that COHEN NEVER WINS WITH SAC BUNTING. Not since we had 50 popups vs UCLA can I remember us winning a game because we sac bunted. However I can point to over a HUNDRED examples were we HURT our team's chances to score more runs because we did sac bunt. Cohen gotta gohen. That's the new line. Cohen gotta GOHEN.

Banned
    vCash

Only problem here in my opinion is that MLB hitters are better bunters than college guys and college guys are more comfortable swinging away naturally for singles/doubles than they are at sac bunting so it's more likely they'll be successful at something they are more comfortable doing especially vs someone throwing a no-hitter.