Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Baseball Standings thru Week 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg62 View Post
    Looking at SEC stats it's very apparent that Butch is as bunted out as we are after dealing with Cohen's shenanigans. Only 3 sac bunts for Auburn on the year haha
    thats pretty funny actually
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    thats pretty funny actually
    Combined with the fact that Auburn has the 2nd most plate appearances he blows away the competition averaging one sac bunt every 349 plate appearances. 349!

vCash
    Combined with the fact that Auburn has the 2nd most plate appearances he blows away the competition averaging one sac bunt every 349 plate appearances. 349!
    It's very telling when he just got done working side by side with Cohen for 7 years

vCash
    Devil's advocate here... Auburn is 1-5 in league play with 2 losses by 2 and 1 by 1. Perhaps more sac bunts in those games could've made a difference.

Fwiw, I'm not a fan of bunting all the time, but I do believe it's a strategy that should be used some late in games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Devil's advocate here... Auburn is 1-5 in league play with 2 losses by 2 and 1 by 1. Perhaps more sac bunts in those games could've made a difference.

Fwiw, I'm not a fan of bunting all the time, but I do believe it's a strategy that should be used some late in games
    Auburn is losing because they are last in the SEC in ERA

Auburn is 2nd in BA
    Auburn is 2nd in OBP
    Auburn is 5th in slugging
    Auburn is 3rd in runs scored
    Auburn is 1st in hits
    Auburn is 5th in RBI's
    Auburn is tied for 7th in HR's

vCash

Auburn is 2nd in BA
    Auburn is 2nd in OBP
    Auburn is 1st in hits
    Auburn is 5th in RBI's
    They lost Friday 3-2 and today 3-1... Do you blame those losses on pitching?

Banned
    vCash
    Bunting has been well documented to lessen your chances of scoring. Sometimes all you got that day is 1 or 2 runs and bunting wouldn't change that.

vCash
    nobody is saying an 8th inning or later bunt cant help sometime. Bunting in the 1st 3 innings should get you fired.

vCash
    nobody is saying an 8th inning or later bunt cant help sometime. Bunting in the 1st 3 innings should get you fired.
    I agree with that... I can stomach a bunt late in the game to move 2 runners in scoring position or the game tying or game winning run to 3rd. Early bunting is dumb when it doesn't involve a national league pitcher at the plate

Banned
    vCash
    I admit to being wrong daily... Admit it and move on
    I'm married. I'm experienced at admitting I'm wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    The game they lost 3-2 they got the leadoff man on 1st in the 7th inning and sac bunted him to 2nd.... Didn't score.

Hilarious how my argument always seems to prove itself. Bad time for that 3rd bunt on the year Butch, trust your instinct and past 7 years proof.

vCash
    They'd be 0-6 if Cohen ran their offense
    Wrong again. They'd be way more talented if Cohen was their Coach.

You guys can hate Cohen all you want. I'm not the biggest fan of his either. BUT, I also know things that "are" and "are not" fair criticisms....the problem with you and coach is that you try to turn everything into a Cohen criticism so nobody takes you serious. If you ever take a stance that you hate Cohen's style, but can agree that there are very few "absolutes" in college baseball, you might make better points and be taken more serious. Just my opinion.

For example, you make some very good points about bunting....but then you throw all credibility away when you start throwing out absolutes like "always" and "never" when any person with baseball experience and true knowledge knows there are very few, if any, absolutes in college baseball from game to game, pitch to pitch. It makes you come across as a guy that bases every bit of baseball knowledge on stats, Boyd's World, and Bill James. Let me clarify...you do not know baseball if you only know those books & philosophies.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-27-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    The game they lost 3-2 they got the leadoff man on 1st in the 7th inning and sac bunted him to 2nd.... Didn't score.

Hilarious how my argument always seems to prove itself. Bad time for that 3rd bunt on the year Butch, trust your instinct and past 7 years proof.
    Look curveball and adjust to fastball

vCash

How many user names is

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

You guys can hate Cohen all you want. I'm not the biggest fan of his either. BUT, I also know things that "are" and "are not" fair criticisms....the problem with you and coach is that you try to turn everything into a Cohen criticism so nobody takes you serious. If you ever take a stance that you hate Cohen's style, but can agree that there are very few "absolutes" in college baseball, you might make better points and be taken more serious. Just my opinion.

For example, you make some very good points about bunting....but then you throw all credibility away when you start throwing out absolutes like "always" and "never" when any person with baseball experience and true knowledge knows there are very few, if any, absolutes in college baseball from game to game, pitch to pitch. It makes you come across as a guy that bases every bit of baseball knowledge on stats, Boyd's World, and Bill James. Let me clarify...you do not know baseball if you only know those books & philosophies.
    this bastid up to now? I guess every MB has to have one.....ya know, that annoying twat.

vCash
    Auburn would be even worse if they didn't play the entire SWAC conference. Right now 5 of their wins are against HBCU's- and they have a loss to Southern. And no- I'm not talking about USM although they have lost to them too. Like Southern University in Baton Rouge. They're really bad this year but I think Butch will turn it around for them in a year or two.

vCash

That's because HE DOES base all of his baseball knowledge on those things. It's very obvious.

vCash

Auburn is 2nd in BA
    Auburn is 2nd in OBP
    Auburn is 1st in hits
    Auburn is 5th in RBI's
    As far as Auburn's pitching- a bad staff and a small ballpark are a LETHAL combination.

vCash
    the problem with you and coach is that you try to turn everything into a Cohen criticism so nobody takes you serious.
    I can assure you I'm taken seriously- thats why I have a ******* website. Whether I'm agreed with is a different issue.

The thing you and others dont seem to understand:

You want to say its ok for Cohen to bunt with Kruger on Friday night because it was the 6th inning- to you it makes sense you guys say because of where the game was. But then he comes right back the next day and does it in the 2nd inning- which EVERYONE AGREES IS STUPID. Here is where you miss out- Cohen doesnt care what ****ing inning it is- its his ****ed up philosophy. What inning it is never occurs to him, its a non-issue- by God this is what he is going to do. Thats the problem. We have 8 years now of proof. Inning is of no consequence to Cohen- so why should it matter to you?

Banned
    vCash
    I can assure you I'm taken seriously- thats why I have a ******* website. Whether I'm agreed with is a different issue.

The thing you and others dont seem to understand:

You want to say its ok for Cohen to bunt with Kruger on Friday night because it was the 6th inning- to you it makes sense you guys say because of where the game was. But then he comes right back the next day and does it in the 2nd inning- which EVERYONE AGREES IS STUPID. Here is where you miss out- Cohen doesnt care what ****ing inning it is- its his ****ed up philosophy. What inning it is never occurs to him, its a non-issue- by God this is what he is going to do. Thats the problem. We have 8 years now of proof. Inning is of no consequence to Cohen- so why should it matter to you?
    You must spread reputation points around before giving to Coach34 again

vCash
    It does seem we are bunting less than the last couple years. The Kruger bunts this weekend were tough. He is slumping a little bit right now and I'm sure bunting him doesn't help him get it groove back.