Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Went to football practice yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miketice View Post
    This sounds like a jackass SPS reply
    No point in that either. Someone is nice enough to come here and share their practice observations and get blasted for it? Message boards can be great, but sometimes people are mean just for the sake of being mean. Makes no sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Fitz is the guy and if it turns out he isn't that means better news for us because Staley just made a huge leap in a month 5 span..

And I witnessed one practice , ( no pads) so it was really hard to get a read on much. But....

- We Pass the Eye Test....
    We have some nice looking cats.. There are a bunch of possible and future pros on defense..
    Lbs are huge ..You put #22 on Jung looks just like Matty Wells on a little bigger.. Gerri Green looks like a NFL DE..
    The Safteys are all big , I am guessing will be hard to keep all 4 off the field.. Nice problem to have.
    James didn't slack off In off season, looks as good as he did last year.. Hopefully he embraces the 3/4 and excels at it.. It for sure fits his game
    TBuck looks to be more hands on in coaching than DT was last year .. Of course I'm basing this off one practice I saw this year and the few I saw last year... He was always in Smokeys ear. ( and this before the tweet).
    We will for sure miss Redmond and Calhoun, but so would any other school outside Bama and LSU that lost 2 CB to the NFL.. But we have guys . I think it will be better than most think.. Cleveland and Jiles aren't superstars but they both played as freshman and bring a ton of experience.. Lots of talent behind them just inexperienced. Smitherman ran against the ones some ,mor at least he ma he'd up against Brown a few times. I think Durr starts.. From what I saw he just looks like a SEC calibure CB.. Stamps looks like Calhoun with his size and length.. And being as athletic as we are at safety this should help the corners

I love the energy that Sirmon had. I was standing by a coach on the staff most of the practice and he loves the guy.. Very smart and brings it everyday..

Offense ..
    Gray is a stud.. Same coach said the kid is a relentless worker. And he caught everything I saw that day.. (**** you Bonner). We have 2 for sure NFL WR in Gray and Ross.. We aren't going to look near as big with Bear and Joe gone but all around talent wise we will be better... Gabe is a player and I bet he is one of the leaders with the WR group .. Good one to have.. Myles , Brown , Dear ( who worked some in RB drills too) Jackson, Thomas .. We have tons of talent at WR

TE .. They are big. And we have a bunch of them . Jones needs to shed a few, but If he can carry that weight and keep his speed then even better..

OL .. Has to be better than last year.. Moon kid was running 2nd string C .. And we had ranking at LT the times i noticed.

RB.. I like Holloway.. But he is a 5 touch a game guy.. Can't be our featured back. And we did run a lot of 2 back sets. I don't read that much into it . Did the same thing last year in the practices I saw.. Someone needs to step up and win that job.. The Murphy kid is huge and looks the part .. Gibson also looks like a RB Bama would have on their Squad.

QB .. Besides Williams they are huge. They make Dak look little .. its Fitz job to lose.. He will be a better runner than Dak, not saying he he will make the plays Dak did running the ball. Staley throws a pretty deep ball and Tiano might have the strongest arm of the bunch.. Hopefully out the 3 , one has that IT factor that Dak had.. We have come a long way at QB..

I went a few practices last year and never saw us working on Punt blocking.. But we did this time..

I like the staff.. I think we up graded at DL , DC, and DB coach. Only loss from the previous staff is Hughes. I wasn't a fan of Turner , that's just me, I know he landed Simons for us but it wasn't like he tore it up recruiting. Coach Baker will be an upgrade X and O coach.. I like Mullen hiring more football guys behind the scenes in different positions. And I really like the fact that TBuck and Sirmon ARENT members of the Country Club.

Sorry I couldn't sit in after practice and break down the game film with the staff. So hopefully this wasn't to vague ...
    Gibson has by far the best vision and patience of any RB we have.

vCash
    Another thing I noted. Practice is extremely fast paced. You can tell they want to maximize reps and everything is scripted. When doing 11-on-11, they ran 1 vs 1 with hitting (but no tackling to ground). Then 2 vs 2, then 3 vs 3. Then start over again. They run 10 plays in about 3 minutes. Mullen stands deep behind the safeties and does no coaching. He simply blows the whistle to end the play. The assistants provide the coaching. Even that is limited because it moves so fast. It appears that the coaches are trying to get a lot of reps on film (NCAA limits practice time). Then the coaches can break down the practice tape in the office and coach/teach the mistakes to the players in the classroom. Of course I missed the individual drills.

vCash
    Good time to do that with the weather being cool too. It'll be a little more difficult in the summer when it's 100 degrees and about 75% humidity.

vCash
    Another thing. In this practice, every 11-on-11 rep featured the corners playing on the line of scrimmage. We had two safeties about 15 yards deep. Corners were jamming the wideouts at the snap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Another thing. In this practice, every 11-on-11 rep featured the corners playing on the line of scrimmage. We had two safeties about 15 yards deep. Corners were jamming the wideouts at the snap.
    I love hearing that! Love corners getting in the wideouts faces and not letting them breathe! Appreciate your info. Keep it coming!

vCash
    Corners were jamming the wideouts at the snap.
    Praise the Lord! I would have loved to see us do that with Slay and Banks then pin our ears back and get the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I love hearing that! Love corners getting in the wideouts faces and not letting them breathe! Appreciate your info. Keep it coming!
    To clarify, the right corner did it every time. I assume the left corner did too, but I didn't see the left corner every snap because of my vantage point.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Was there a point in in falsely accusing someone of being an OM troll and banning them because of their info? (Info that ended up being right btw).....That seemed pretty mean to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    No point in that either. Someone is nice enough to come here and share their practice observations and get blasted for it? Message boards can be great, but sometimes people are mean just for the sake of being mean. Makes no sense to me.
    Yes, nobody seems to eat their own like we do as an MSU fan base. We have fans ridiculing someone for sharing practice observations, calling people "fools" in a bunting thread because they don't have the exact same opinion on the subject and on and on. Definitely not cool.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    To clarify, the right corner did it every time. I assume the left corner did too, but I didn't see the left corner every snap because of my vantage point.
    Thanks for the updates!!