Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to football practice yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Unfortunately that's not saying a whole lot. Hope someone steps up, but I am going to expect Holloway to get the most carries.
    Bingo....Like me Lee is expecting RB PT will be awarded to the union shop brass instead of the best player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    1. Dak was there. He looked fit and was his usual approachable self. Good guy.

2. Ross on crutches watching.

3. Didn't see Jamal Peters at all. Must have been excused from practice for some reason.

4. Staley really struggled at times.

5. I like Smitherman. Graham had some nice plays at corner also. Buckley really trying to explain technique to them.

6. Senior was playing LT.

7. Story looked like he had some potential.

8. Aeris Williams looked so much better. More confidence, smoother, like he wanted to take the job.

9. Saw Deer from 3 feet away. He has the strangest wide receiver body that I have ever seen. He was playing slot. But dang can he play some ball.

10. Fred Brown had a couple big drops in team drills.

11. Leo Lewis looks big, focused, and ready to play. Expecting big things.

12. Will Coleman looked good.

13. Jung is tall and athletic. Great looking athlete.

14. Fitz looked incredible at times, and dumb at times. Need to work on consistency. He and Staley are BIG.

15. Logan Cooke is a big dude.

16. I like Linguist and Sirmon. They are coaching hard.

17. D. Lee looks uninterested at times. Can't really put my finger on it. Like potential that is not being reached.

18. Farrod Green was much more than I expected. I really like him.

19. Brandon Bryant is our best safety.
    Good insight..... Peters had a family issue he had to deal with.... not team related. We'll be seeing him play some OLB this year. Also to note, Leo played a lot of OLB. He and Green are impressive pass rushers. Green looks quicker, but Leo looks like he wants to kill someone when the ball is snapped. Durr also practiced with the 1s. He's going to give Jiles everything he can handle on that side. Clayborn is a true center.... also, Williams will push Desper this year. And you probably thought Dear looked awkward while he was standing next to Mixon. They're near the same height, but Dear has double the muscle weight.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

Oh?thats right opinions are not welcome here?I forgot?oh and you STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Do better or STFU.

vCash
    Every QB is going to get chances- but it's Fitz's job to lose. He is the leader right now
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Let's not kill Lee over a casual observation during spring practice

vCash
    Brandon Bryant, Jamal Peters, Mark Mclaurin all need to see the field. Our safety play is going to be sick, Kivon Coman will probably still start though knowing Mullen. Hes a solid player but the younger guys are NFL talents. Calling it now Aeris Williams will be the guy at RB, I really think Dear would be if we played him there but oh well. I really think our defense has a shot to be BIG time, all hinges on our CB play need some young guys to step up because the front 7 and back end are going to be nasty

vCash
    Get ready for D-Will at QB.

Green-Peters-Lewis need to be on the field...a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

Green-Peters-Lewis need to be on the field...a lot.
    Williams been the best so far?

Banned
    vCash
    Hahaha called that in October.

vCash
    Would be shocking
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Let's not kill Lee over a casual observation during spring practice
    I made the observation and I agree. It was just one hour of one practice. And I'm not a coach.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    D Will won't be the starting QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Neither will Staley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    This is the most vague report from an event I have ever seen.
    Looked good to me. What did you expect, full analysis and review from Mullen and Sirmon?
    Last edited by State82; 03-27-2016 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for the review. Keep them coming.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Neither will Staley.
    Lol touch
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 03-27-2016 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Ifyouonlyknew has eliminated Williams from contention. Hoopsdawg has eliminated Staley. Looks like it's either fitz or tiano... Y'all wanna eliminate one of them and ruin all the drama? Haha

vCash
    Fitz is the guy and if it turns out he isn't that means better news for us because Staley just made a huge leap in a month 5 span..

And I witnessed one practice , ( no pads) so it was really hard to get a read on much. But....

- We Pass the Eye Test....
    We have some nice looking cats.. There are a bunch of possible and future pros on defense..
    Lbs are huge ..You put #22 on Jung looks just like Matty Wells on a little bigger.. Gerri Green looks like a NFL DE..
    The Safteys are all big , I am guessing will be hard to keep all 4 off the field.. Nice problem to have.
    James didn't slack off In off season, looks as good as he did last year.. Hopefully he embraces the 3/4 and excels at it.. It for sure fits his game
    TBuck looks to be more hands on in coaching than DT was last year .. Of course I'm basing this off one practice I saw this year and the few I saw last year... He was always in Smokeys ear. ( and this before the tweet).
    We will for sure miss Redmond and Calhoun, but so would any other school outside Bama and LSU that lost 2 CB to the NFL.. But we have guys . I think it will be better than most think.. Cleveland and Jiles aren't superstars but they both played as freshman and bring a ton of experience.. Lots of talent behind them just inexperienced. Smitherman ran against the ones some ,mor at least he ma he'd up against Brown a few times. I think Durr starts.. From what I saw he just looks like a SEC calibure CB.. Stamps looks like Calhoun with his size and length.. And being as athletic as we are at safety this should help the corners

I love the energy that Sirmon had. I was standing by a coach on the staff most of the practice and he loves the guy.. Very smart and brings it everyday..

Offense ..
    Gray is a stud.. Same coach said the kid is a relentless worker. And he caught everything I saw that day.. (**** you Bonner). We have 2 for sure NFL WR in Gray and Ross.. We aren't going to look near as big with Bear and Joe gone but all around talent wise we will be better... Gabe is a player and I bet he is one of the leaders with the WR group .. Good one to have.. Myles , Brown , Dear ( who worked some in RB drills too) Jackson, Thomas .. We have tons of talent at WR

TE .. They are big. And we have a bunch of them . Jones needs to shed a few, but If he can carry that weight and keep his speed then even better..

OL .. Has to be better than last year.. Moon kid was running 2nd string C .. And we had ranking at LT the times i noticed.

RB.. I like Holloway.. But he is a 5 touch a game guy.. Can't be our featured back. And we did run a lot of 2 back sets. I don't read that much into it . Did the same thing last year in the practices I saw.. Someone needs to step up and win that job.. The Murphy kid is huge and looks the part .. Gibson also looks like a RB Bama would have on their Squad.

QB .. Besides Williams they are huge. They make Dak look little .. its Fitz job to lose.. He will be a better runner than Dak, not saying he he will make the plays Dak did running the ball. Staley throws a pretty deep ball and Tiano might have the strongest arm of the bunch.. Hopefully out the 3 , one has that IT factor that Dak had.. We have come a long way at QB..

I went a few practices last year and never saw us working on Punt blocking.. But we did this time..

I like the staff.. I think we up graded at DL , DC, and DB coach. Only loss from the previous staff is Hughes. I wasn't a fan of Turner , that's just me, I know he landed Simons for us but it wasn't like he tore it up recruiting. Coach Baker will be an upgrade X and O coach.. I like Mullen hiring more football guys behind the scenes in different positions. And I really like the fact that TBuck and Sirmon ARENT members of the Country Club.

Sorry I couldn't sit in after practice and break down the game film with the staff. So hopefully this wasn't to vague ...
    Last edited by mic; 03-27-2016 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Glad you said it so I don't have to. Love the kid, but he doesn't have the skill set to compete with Fitz, Staley, or Tiano.

Banned
    vCash

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    This is the most vague report from an event I have ever seen.
    This sounds like a jackass SPS reply