Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to football practice yesterday

vCash

Went to football practice yesterday

1. Dak was there. He looked fit and was his usual approachable self. Good guy.

2. Ross on crutches watching.

3. Didn't see Jamal Peters at all. Must have been excused from practice for some reason.

4. Staley really struggled at times.

5. I like Smitherman. Graham had some nice plays at corner also. Buckley really trying to explain technique to them.

6. Senior was playing LT.

7. Story looked like he had some potential.

8. Aeris Williams looked so much better. More confidence, smoother, like he wanted to take the job.

9. Saw Deer from 3 feet away. He has the strangest wide receiver body that I have ever seen. He was playing slot. But dang can he play some ball.

10. Fred Brown had a couple big drops in team drills.

11. Leo Lewis looks big, focused, and ready to play. Expecting big things.

12. Will Coleman looked good.

13. Jung is tall and athletic. Great looking athlete.

14. Fitz looked incredible at times, and dumb at times. Need to work on consistency. He and Staley are BIG.

15. Logan Cooke is a big dude.

16. I like Linguist and Sirmon. They are coaching hard.

17. D. Lee looks uninterested at times. Can't really put my finger on it. Like potential that is not being reached.

18. Farrod Green was much more than I expected. I really like him.

19. Brandon Bryant is our best safety.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    This is the most vague report from an event I have ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    1. Dak was there. He looked fit and was his usual approachable self. Good guy.

2. Ross on crutches watching.

3. Didn't see Jamal Peters at all. Must have been excused from practice for some reason.

4. Staley really struggled at times.

5. I like Smitherman. Graham had some nice plays at corner also. Buckley really trying to explain technique to them.

6. Senior was playing LT.

7. Story looked like he had some potential.

8. Aeris Williams looked so much better. More confidence, smoother, like he wanted to take the job.

9. Saw Deer from 3 feet away. He has the strangest wide receiver body that I have ever seen. He was playing slot. But dang can he play some ball.

10. Fred Brown had a couple big drops in team drills.

11. Leo Lewis looks big, focused, and ready to play. Expecting big things.

12. Will Coleman looked good.

13. Jung is tall and athletic. Great looking athlete.

14. Fitz looked incredible at times, and dumb at times. Need to work on consistency. He and Staley are BIG.

15. Logan Cooke is a big dude.

16. I like Linguist and Sirmon. They are coaching hard.

17. D. Lee looks uninterested at times. Can't really put my finger on it. Like potential that is not being reached.

18. Farrod Green was much more than I expected. I really like him.

19. Brandon Bryant is our best safety.

Thanks for the report, It did not seem vague to Me. Good to hear some kind of a report.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    My apologies. They started practice an hour earlier than scheduled, so I missed a lot. Also, I was just casually watching. So take the info for what you paid for it (nothing).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    My apologies. They started practice an hour earlier than scheduled, so I missed a lot. Also, I was just casually watching. So take the info for what you paid for it (nothing).

I received my money's worth. Thanks.

vCash
    Read more .... Post less...

Dude went to practice and gave some insight on what he saw..
    Did you want him to go and watch film with the staff and then break down practice...?

vCash
    Practice was scheduled at 2:30, but got moved up to 1:30. So when it started I was still between Carthage and Louisville. I watched the last hour and a half. That was 7-on-7 and 11-on-11. I didn't really focus on an aspect to intentionally look for something, just casually watched and noted what/who caught my eye by jumping out at me. Also, because of the sideline I was standing on, it was easier to notice the offense's left side and the defense's right side. Especially not being elevated at all. Would have liked to see some individual drills but didn't make it in time.

vCash
    Thanks for posting some notes for those of us in another state that can't go to practice. Some people are just negative by nature. If you go back to practice, post some more notes

vCash
    Keep them coming, any info is greatly appreciated. I think Leo is going to be a monster this year. Get Richie, Green and Leo on the field and watch them bring the pain.

vCash
    I appreciate the information. Maybe I just skimmed right over it, but who looks better ... Fitzgerald or Staley? Fitz looked good the few times we saw him last year, and I really don't remember seeing Staley at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I appreciate the information. Maybe I just skimmed right over it, but who looks better ... Fitzgerald or Staley? Fitz looked good the few times we saw him last year, and I really don't remember seeing Staley at all.
    In 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 it was Fitz by far.

vCash
    Good stuff. Disappointed to hear D-Lee still doesn't "get it" because he could be our best RB if the light ever comes on. That said, glad to hear Aeris is trying to make a move. We definitely need SOMEONE to step up at RB so we don't have to suffer through another season of "feature back" Holloway. Best thing to help ease the burden on young QBs is a good running game.

Sounds like young QBs are being young QBs. Not unexpected, but I was definitely hoping for a little more.

I think Smokey and Smitherman could be a pleasant surprise at CB. But like all CBs, they're going to get burned at times. Been saying Bryant is our best S for several months now. He's a freak show athletically.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Good stuff. Disappointed to hear D-Lee still doesn't "get it" because he could be our best RB if the light ever comes on. That said, glad to hear Aeris is trying to make a move.
    Just seemed to be more confidence and ownership of the spot coming from Aeris. Lee just seems to be partially invested. I can't really put my finger on it, but his motor doesn't seem to run at 100%. It's kinda odd, because he looks like a freak standing on thes sidelines. But when in the drills there just seems like something is missing. Aries looked much improved though.

vCash
    Do better or STFU.

vCash
    Aeris seemed like the smoothest at RB last year. He is so much quicker to the hole and his vision is so much better than Shump.

vCash
    Thanks for the info.

The QB matchup is the most interesting to me.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Aeris seemed like the smoothest at RB last year. He is so much quicker to the hole and his vision is so much better than Shump.
    Unfortunately that's not saying a whole lot. Hope someone steps up, but I am going to expect Holloway to get the most carries.

vCash
    Thanks for the report. I enjoy these types of threads

vCash
    Not vague at all. Really good insight. Thanks.

vCash
    Fitz should be our QB moving forward. Somebody needs to just grab Lee by his facemask and say look dude you are our best back and could start if you would quit being an idiot. Get it together and be our guy. Damn what more motivation do you need?