Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rick Stansbury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    We were on our way in the mid 1970's but the probation put us "back in our place". The early 1980's were awesome as well, with Cooks, Hull, Bond, McDoyle and others. I think in 81 or 82 we could have won the SEC with a win over Bama, a game we had a chance to win late.
    Lindsey Scott's run kept us out of the Sugar Bowl. And a share of the Title

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    We were on our way in the mid 1970's but the probation put us "back in our place". The early 1980's were awesome as well, with Cooks, Hull, Bond, McDoyle and others. I think in 81 or 82 we could have won the SEC with a win over Bama, a game we had a chance to win late.
    Lindsey Scott's run kept us out of the Sugar Bowl. And a share of the Title

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Stans expected to become new head coach at Western Kentucky. Congrats & good luck to Stans.
    What kind of relationship did Stans and Brooks have? Would he try to add him to his staff?

vCash
    http://www.wkusports.com/sports/m-ba...103009aaa.html

Pretty good basketball tradition. Can we match it? Haven't checked where we are history wise

vCash
    Not that I'm nosy, but I wonder what his contract will be? He was making a mil at A&M. Coach34 said last coach there was $400,00, but I don't see anything to back that up. Not that I doubt him, but it is Stansbury we are talking about.

(and thats how the fight started)

vCash
    Heard Gary Parrish today saying Robert Kirby was leaving Memphis to join Stans.

Banned
    vCash
    Anyone else hear the rumblings that the three players suspended at WKU were involved in a "train" caught on video? Could be why the coach quit outta nowhere. Also I think WKU has two transfers from Tennessee on their squad.

vCash
    I was in school in the early 2000's and heard the same thing from players on the team. They said that no one respected him and he didn't have a clue what the hell was going on.
    That comes with job security and getting stale. Hopefully he is rejuvenated and does well for himself. Just not at our expense...

vCash
    I sure am glad we hired Howland when we did. Whew.

Banned
    vCash
    Stansbury is walking into an interesting situation the more I'm looking at it imo. First of all. Ben Hansborough is currently part of the WKU staff. Doubt that lasts long. Secondly WKU has two transfers from Tennessee that are quality players in Jabari McGhee and Willie Carmichael. Both drew starts as freshman for the Vols under Tyndall and both transferred and sat out this year. Stansbury is also getting a good player in Justin Johnson (15 ppg 7 rbg) as a sophomore. I haven't looked at the signing class yet but Bury has 3 good players atleast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Not that I'm nosy, but I wonder what his contract will be? He was making a mil at A&M. Coach34 said last coach there was $400,00, but I don't see anything to back that up. Not that I doubt him, but it is Stansbury we are talking about.

(and thats how the fight started)
    I googled the last coach's salary- it wasn't some elaborate slam Stands scheme
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Just testing Coach!

I googled and found that his reported salary is $500k, but it also said his A&M salary was @200K. I had seen his assoc Coach salary was 1Mil sometime back, when it was announced he was promoted to Assoc Head Coach.

Its just amazing to me that he won so many games for a coach that didn't have a clue. I also notice that players will tell you what you want to hear.

Anyway, I'm done. Anybody want to buy some A&M gear, I need to buy some Kentucky stuff now. (kidding)
    Last edited by shannondawg; 03-29-2016 at 08:18 AM.

vCash
    Les Miles wins games too
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Funniest part of all it is that since they started 4 Sr's- the core of their Sweet 16 team was recruited by Kennedy before Stands got there
    Wrong Again. You are TOTALLY blinded by intense Stans hate. Look it up .. Stansbury actually recruited 3 graduating seniors at Texas A&M .. including the 2 leading scorers .. Jalen Jones was a transfer from SMU, played two years there .. Danuel House played two years at Houston before transferring. Plus, add in SR Anthony Collins, who actually played 4 years at USF.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Wrong Again. You are TOTALLY blinded by intense Stans hate. Look it up .. Stansbury actually recruited 3 graduating seniors at Texas A&M .. including the 2 leading scorers .. Jalen Jones was a transfer from SMU, played two years there .. Danuel House played two years at Houston before transferring. Plus, add in SR Anthony Collins, who actually played 4 years at USF.
    +!
    Please don't confuse this storyline with actual facts. +1

vCash
    Les Miles wins games too
    He does that in fact, he owns our ass.

vCash
    Brady and Reboul were the lead recruiters that put together our SEC title and 1st NCAA bid under Williams to begin the Nineties
    Then Kirby and Stands pulled in the crew that got us to the Sweet 16 and then the FF the next year in the mid-nineties
    Brady was there for 8 years, 4 under Bob Boyd and 4 under Williams (1982-1990). During his 8 years at State .. we didn't have a single winning SEC record .. not one. Our SEC record was 48-96 (33%). Williams didn't have a winning SEC record until Stans came on board.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Anyone else hear the rumblings that the three players suspended at WKU were involved in a "train" caught on video? Could be why the coach quit outta nowhere. Also I think WKU has two transfers from Tennessee on their squad.
    Unless it was Tennessee's version where not all participants are willing, I don't see a problem. A lot of professional athletes video those interactions so girls can't come back and say they weren't willing just looking for a paycheck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    I stated this two pages back. Kennedy is not a good coach. All he did when he hired Stans was delayed his firing by about five years. Smart on Kennedy's part but my guess is Kennedy will be fired in the next three years. He is lucky he has good talent for next couple of years that Stans secured.

vCash
    Les Miles wins games too
    Les Miles also has won SEC championships, won a national championship, and played for another.