Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Stansbury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Must of been some hush hush drama that recently occurred as three players just got suspended for something.
    Well that sounds like a situation Stans will quickly solve**

Only kidding. I really like Stans and hope he has tons of success there.

vCash
    You younger guys just don't understand what us older folk have gone thru pulling for state. Thats the main reason we are so happy to have had coaches like Jackie, Richard, Mullen and Stansbury, and why we were a baseball school before any other SEC school, Polk made us proud and something we could hang our hat before the above mentioned coaches brought winning to us. Bob Tyler was a brief bright spot before these others came on the scene.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    You younger guys just don't understand what us older folk have gone thru pulling for state. Thats the main reason we are so happy to have had coaches like Jackie, Richard, Mullen and Stansbury, and why we were a baseball school before any other SEC school, Polk made us proud and something we could hang our hat before the above mentioned coaches brought winning to us. Bob Tyler was a brief bright spot before these others came on the scene.
    Umm y'all lost a bunch but you also didn't have to endure some of the negative things an instant news world brings like yesterday for example. Some douchebag in Indiana takes a pot shot at Howland so we have to throw jabs back at him or some douche in Orlando writes a column saying MSU needs to be replaced by UCF in the SEC and on and on. It never ends now. Y'all could just go home and never read the Clarion Liar and you'd be done with it. We literally never stop standing up for our University nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wonder what Keenum and Strick's agenda is for not extending Mullen's contract after winning nine games?
    I am sure it wasn't to hire Kyle Willingham....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YazooDawg23 View Post
    Rick could write a check for what you're worth and not even realize its missing.
    Hahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    As someone thats in between the Diaper Daddy's and the Young Punks- I do have to say some of the losing and problems we had in the 50's thru the 80's had alot to do with State and it's propensity to keep the "good ol boy network" going. Until the 2000's- we were about as progressive in sports as an Homish community. Lots of self-inflicted wounds with dumb decisions coupled with a fanbase that cant get united. Looking back at some of our athletic hires and admin choices is astonishing.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Dick Williams say:

Considering Yer Boy never made it out of the first weekend in nearly 20 years.
    What the hell's wrong with you? Back to incomprehensible grunting please.

vCash
    As someone thats in between the Diaper Daddy's and the Young Punks- I do have to say some of the losing and problems we had in the 50's thru the 80's had alot to do with State and it's propensity to keep the "good ol boy network" going. Until the 2000's- we were about as progressive in sports as an Homish community. Lots of self-inflicted wounds with dumb decisions coupled with a fanbase that cant get united. Looking back at some of our athletic hires and admin choices is astonishing.
    I agree.....biggest dumb decision was making LT the AD. Kept us in the dark ages.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    If Kennedy makes it 4 more years he will likely pass Stands
    Yes, AK may pass Stans in number of wins .. BUT few Coaches at modern MSU sports history have been as successful as Rick in beating OM on a consistent basis .. period.

In his 14 years at MSU, Stans had a 21-8 record (72%) and ONLY lost ONE game to OM at the Hump. He beat OM EVERY year and won both meetings 6 times ('00, '03, '04, '05, '10, & '11). He also had two stretches .. one of 7 in a row and one with 6 in a row and won the only game we played OM in the SECT.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash

Actually, though possibly somewhat similar in results...

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Stans and Mullen are similar in what they have done for MSU. Both have won consistently but Stans never got over the hump of winning when it really mattered in the tourney. I don't see Mullen having the discipline problems Stans had but I can see us looking for someone else if Mullen can't beat Bama in the next 5 years. Unless he gets into the playoff or SEC championship game.
    Stans and Mullen are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as coaches. You have Stans that LOVES to recruit but has trouble running a disciplined program that develops players to their potential whereas Mullen really doesn't care for recruiting that much at all and usually doesn't want to even get into the fray for top prospects (especially out of state) but does have a well run program that usually gets the best out of players that have a good work ethic and want to be developed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Stans and Mullen are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as coaches. You have Stans that LOVES to recruit but has trouble running a disciplined program that develops players to their potential whereas Mullen really doesn't care for recruiting that much at all and usually doesn't want to even get into the fray for top prospects (especially out of state) but does have a well run program that usually gets the best out of players that have a good work ethic and want to be developed.
    Whats also very interesting to me is that the two coaches we've had that hate recruiting- Mullen and Williams- are also the two that have taken us to best seasons our school has ever had in those sports.

vCash
    Homish
    Missed it by that much.

vCash
    Someone please fill me in on why this is such a hot button issue on a STATE message board? Why does anyone here care if a coach from a team other than STATE becomes a Head coach on another team Not even in the SEC, I mean damn please someone please explain it to me.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coach34 again.

vCash
    I knew he would have to go to a lower level job to get one
    A&M will stop getting good players.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    A&M will stop getting good players.
    Yup and they started four seniors last night so they are going to suck next year.

vCash
    Yup and they started four seniors last night so they are going to suck next year.
    Will Alex Mustache Caruso be back next year? Not sure what year he is, but that stache tho....

vCash
    You are 100% correct. We had one coach that couldn't coach,helluva golfer , so made him ad, the committee that hired Felker were doctors, cpa's ect. One member told me that they had as much business in hiring coaches as doodle squat. Just some of the examples.

I will take up for LT, he did manage our money very well, when we had none. He did things that we didn't agree with just to keep us afloat. Later years he held us back and should have been let go long before he was. He surrounded himself with people that pretty much had their self interest in mind, and hired people he knew wouldn't be a threat to him, if one actually did, he fired him or ran him off.

PS: I like olderthandirt, geezer or whatever, better than Diaper Daddy. Cause the day I need them , it won't be so funny.

vCash

Because we fired his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    Someone please fill me in on why this is such a hot button issue on a STATE message board? Why does anyone here care if a coach from a team other than STATE becomes a Head coach on another team Not even in the SEC, I mean damn please someone please explain it to me.
    We, The Message Board Mafia, are directly responsible for his unemployment. We are responsible for his kids having to walk 10 miles to school everyday, in the snow, up hill, both ways. Since he now has gainful employment , the pangs of guilt we feel can be soothed and we can turn our attention to the next coach who needs our undivided council and scrutiny. ****

vCash
    They had a top 10 recruiting class- does that mean we are going to suck next year?