Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday rubber game vs. Auburn - SOFTBALL thread

vCash

Sunday rubber game vs. Auburn - SOFTBALL thread

113 am early first pitch. Church about to start. I've been working on Sundays lately but have arranged to come in late. One of my best friends is being baptized today!!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    That's awesome man! Tell your friend congrats on the best decision of their life....to allow Christ into their heart as Lord and Savior.

What a feeling

vCash
    That's awesome. Here here. And hear

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    113 am early first pitch. Church about to start. I've been working on Sundays lately but have arranged to come in late. One of my best friends is being baptized today!!!!
    Congrats to ur friend. My 9 yo getting baptized next weekend.

Glad you mentioned early start cause I thought it started at 2

Banned
    vCash
    PTL!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    That's awesome man! Tell your friend congrats on the best decision of their life....to allow Christ into their heart as Lord and Savior.

What a feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That's awesome. Here here. And hear
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    Congrats to ur friend. My 9 yo getting baptized next weekend.

Glad you mentioned early start cause I thought it started at 2
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    PTL!!!
    This has been a matter of prayer for almost a decade. I should tell you the rest of the story is that he and his wife BOTH were saved recently and BOTH were baptized today. And the difference is so evident in their lives. I got saved at age seven and so I have often observed that I don't really know what I would been like as a lost adult except that I'd be "worse." Consistently with folks I know that come to know the Lord as adults, I notice the difference. In a weird way they have something I don't have. They can "feel" the difference whereas I don't really know what it's like to "feel" lost. The flip side is that I'm thankful that because God got to me early I was probably spared from some heartbreaks and trails in my life that would have otherwise come my way. Periodically our pastor will have people write things they've been delivered from on stones and place them in jars out in the hallway. Remember that God is sovereign and we exist in this realm of time and space (I'm an astrophysicist at heart) and while He is in it, he also outside of it and not limited by it the way we are. He is the Alpha and the Omega. So, recently I was thinking of things I might write on the stone beyond the basics like delivered from sin. I've never been abused, never had an alcoholic father, I've been a charmed life even though been shot at a bunch of times, etc. etc. So, I felt kind of anticlimactic. Driving home (takes us about an hour) that Sunday, He spoke to me in my spirit and more or less said, "Don't you get it? I am the beginning and the end. I knit you together in the womb. I delivered you from having abusive parents when I chose your parents." I liked to have run off the road. So, even when we don't have a dramatic story to tell, remember that this world is full of all manner of evil that can befall you. If it hasn't happened to you, it isn't because you've been lucky or just haven't been in the situation. A Sovereign Lord has delivered you from those things. We make a point now of always thanking God for His blessing sure, but also the blessings we aren't aware of. Anyway, it's hard to describe the joy I feel knowing my friend is safe and now my brother!!! I had also been praying his adorable youngsters would grow up in a Christian home. Wow!

As to the softball game, we are trailing 2-0 after four innings. I see now the character left out of my OP. That 113am stood for 1130am and not 113pm. So they've been underway for a while.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    It's the Bottom of the 6th

We have runners on 1B and 2B and no outs, trailing 2-0

Kelly up to bat

vCash
    #Buntfail, popped out

Dang, this has been our best chance all day apparently

vCash
    Adams, Calyn.jpg

Calyn Adams

3-2 long at bat

vCash
    BB, bases juiced

vCash
    Pinch hitter

Bell, Morgan.jpg

Morgan Bell

K

Don't squander this Dogs

2 outs, bases loaded

vCash
    Winkfield, Kayla.jpg

Kayla Winkfield

1-3 Comebacker

Three left on. One inning to go, trailing 2-0. This isn't looking good.

vCash
    Top of 7th

Auburn gets a leadoff walk

vCash
    Green, Regan #33.jpg

Regan Green pitching by the way. I'm not sure whether or not she was the starter.

vCash
    Great, E-7

Nobody out, Tigers at 1B and 2B

vCash
    K

1 out, runners on 1B and 2B

vCash
    F-9, runner at 2B tags

2 down, runners at corners

vCash
    This batters name is "Podanny." Not sure if spelling correct but Craven is pronouncing it Poe-Dan-eee

Anyway, she Ks

We got out of that one and now have one at bat left trailing 2-0

vCash
    Bottom of the 7th

Ivy, Amanda.jpg

Amanda Ivy

K

1 down

vCash
    Bailey, Katie Anne.jpg

Katie Anne Bailey

Flies Out

2 down