Thread: 56 game season

vCash

56 game season

No reason to get excited after this weekend. As there was no reason to jump off a bridge the first weekend or last. There are lots of things to like about our team. One is depth. We have 12-13 guys that can play and deserve opportunities. Even more that can help us with situational substitution. We will have to sort out our pitching situation but we have plenty of arms, it boils down to who steps up. I seen it says it best, pour it in the zone...the guys that do will be the ones that lead us. Right now it's up and down on who can do it consistently. Ultimately, our pitching will decide how far we go, because it's the strength of our team, and I'm cautiously optimistic that our offense is much improved. Lots of baseball left, and next weekend win or lose won't determine who we are just give us another idea.

vCash
    These Oregon hitters are patient and the strike zone has been small especially Friday. We are seeing their lowest era guy Sunday. Need a good performance by D Brown. Hopefully we go to Tatum quickly if need be. Cody Brown is hot, got to get him in the lineup somehow. I like Stovall at C.

vCash
    Fact is this weekend will help our chances to reach one of our goals...host. But we haven't accomplished anything yet and the toughest part of our season is ahead of us. If we perform from here on out then the last 2 weekends will be huge...if we don't then they may help us squeek into the tourney.

I have been able to watch this team a little more this weekend and I like a lot of the intangible qualities that the young guys have. Even seems to be rubbing off on some older guys. Success breeds confidence and that confidence leads to more success. "Let it play out" is never more appropriate than in the game of baseball but I do like the look of this team at this point.

vCash
    This weekend has put us back to about where we need to be. I thought we were 1.5 games off pace coming into this 4 game week.

vCash
    If we win today, it takes a little pressure off next weekend in Nashville. We really only need to win one up there. Of course we need to win both midweek games.

vCash
    3-2 next week holds serve. We're now right about where we need to be.

vCash
    We have a bunch of young guys and they got some games under their belts now. This tough ooc schedule is going to pay off once we start SEC play. They are going to end up being pretty dang good.