Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do we answer 2016's offensive riddle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You said we couldn't get players from Texas
    We typically don't. I can count maybe 4 guys since Mullen has been our coach, Ross being the only contributor, thus far. Ross was a very rare and unusual get for us anyway. Being a highly ranked player that we flipped from another program. Other than Fred, we haven't done jack shit in Texas in 8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We typically don't. I can count maybe 4 guys since Mullen has been our coach, Ross being the only contributor, thus far. Ross was a very rare and unusual get for us anyway. Being a highly ranked player that we flipped from another program. Other than Fred, we haven't done jack shit in Texas in 8 years.
    You can thank Brewster for Fred. He was not here long enough to unpack but got us one of the highest WR recruits we have gotten under Mullen. We even flipped him from Oklahoma St.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    You can thank Brewster for Fred. He was not here long enough to unpack but got us one of the highest WR recruits we have gotten under Mullen. We even flipped him from Oklahoma St.
    Change that to Koenig. Koenig did the heavy lifting for Fred & Brewster just nailed the 2ft putt.

vCash
    You can thank Brewster for Fred. .
    Negative- he helped but Koenning orchrestrated that flip
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I keep Ross in the slot. He's our best WR & the slot is our prime time WR position. I move Myles to outside WR. It gives us more experience outside which we need & allows the young slot guys more reps. Dear stays at slot & is the backup to Ross. I think Dear's touches double & almost triple this year..
    If Dear's touches double or even triple from the slot- that means our best offensive player- Ross- will be on the field alot less.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If Dear's touches double or even triple from the slot- that means our best offensive player- Ross- will be on the field alot less.
    I think will be moved around more than last year & play all over. I just think his primary position will be the slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think will be moved around more than last year & play all over. I just think his primary position will be the slot.
    Playing the Percy Harvin role?

vCash
    Playing the Percy Harvin role?
    Yes that's what I hope. I expect to see a lot slimmer version of Dear this season.

vCash
    Donald Gray needs more touches PERIOD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Probably helped that Ross had a sister already in school at MSU. Not an advantage we had with Farrar. In fact, I believe Farrar's girlfriend was headed to OU so we were pretty much doomed once OU made the solid offer.

vCash
    If Jordan Thomas comes in ready to play at TE then we need to move Justin Johnson back to outside WR. He has good size at 6'3 230 and played WR in HS. I doubt he's any slower than Bear was. Looked great in the AL/MS all-star game at WR.