Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All you lawyers saying $75mil was too high....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ed Zachery and twice on Sunday. People that dont see this are missing "the forest for the trees"
    If someone runs a red light and seriously injured you and/or someone in your family, I highly doubt you'll be concerned about passing the cost of whatever settlement you reach in or out of court onto the other consumers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    If someone runs a red light and seriously injured you and/or someone in your family, I highly doubt you'll be concerned about passing the cost of whatever settlement you reach in or out of court onto the other consumers.
    Thats different- there is injury and medical bills. Me nor my family will profit in our career because that happened also. You are talking apples to oranges
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    That's not a deterrent to the hotel to overhaul their system so that other stalkers can't figure out which rooms people are in by calling and asking to be connected through.
    I'm pretty sure this is an isolated incident and not a common occurance

vCash
    That's not a deterrent to the hotel to overhaul their system so that other stalkers can't figure out which rooms people are in by calling and asking to be connected through.
    This what they're missing. After lawyers fees and taxes, EA will clear somewhere south of $10mil. She didn't do this for money. She did this to help prevent future rapes and peep shows.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I am pretty sure you have no facts to back up that statement.

Also, just because a person or person(s) profit from a bad situation, it does not mean that the wronged party doesn't deserve compensation from those who are responsible.

vCash

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2016/0...n-media-safety

vCash
    Thats different- there is injury and medical bills. Me nor my family will profit in our career because that happened also. You are talking apples to oranges
    How much is peace of mind worth?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    How much is peace of mind worth?
    no more than 2MM

vCash
    Marriott not on the hook for anything the franchise company however will be hurting. If this would have been a MA managed property things would be different.

vCash
    Do you know if she had psychological medical bills after the incident? And of so, how much they were?

Also, just to clarify you are advocating for a system with literally no punitive damages?

vCash
    This is the same thing thats been happening to men for years. Price of fame. Equal rights- men and women are equal- you know that right?

vCash
    Do you know if she had psychological medical bills after the incident? And of so, how much they were?

Also, just to clarify you are advocating for a system with literally no punitive damages?
    I'm betting they werent 2MM

2MM is punitive- people dont have the right to be made rich because someone took a video of them and helped their career

vCash
    This is the same thing thats been happening to men for years. Price of fame. Equal rights- men and women are equal- you know that right?
    Several media members tht are male have tweeted at how they have never had to worry about security when traveling to cover sports like this.

vCash
    Several media members tht are male have tweeted at how they have never had to worry about security when traveling to cover sports like this.
    Fame is fame. Media, rock stars, sports stars, etc- its all the same. Fame causes this. Equal rights.

vCash
    Fame is fame. Media, rock stars, sports stars, etc- its all the same. Fame causes this. Equal rights.
    What males have sued after having a peephole video released? What rights here aren't equal to you?

vCash
    What males have sued after having a peephole video released? What rights here aren't equal to you?
    So no famous men have ever sued because photos or videos were taken of them illegally?

vCash
    So no famous men have ever sued because photos or videos were taken of them illegally?
    I can't recall any videos illegally taken of a male in the same vein that EAs video was taken (in which a poor security policy by a large, public company allowed).

Banned
    vCash
    And her lawyers will take 30-35% of what is collected!

vCash
    Still say it was too high. Also still think OJ is guilty, but hey, since the jury decided otherwise, I must be wrong.

vCash
    Serious question. Who on this board would not let someone post a grainy (so I've read) video of them naked to walk away with 10-12 million? I would think most would say sign me up.