Thread: Ben Simmons

vCash

Ben Simmons

After watching his response to his not being eligible for the Wooden award we should be glad that we have Spoon and Newman. I don't care how good BS is he will not last long in the NBA. Shaq needs to go bit$% slap that young man and knock some sense into him.

vCash
    I don't know anything about his character and all the academic stuff but I think its worth noting that even though he is so incredible numbers wise etc, they are significantly worse team this year than last. There is just something missing there with that whole team.

vCash
    Wooden Award Finalists lead their teams to wins and tourney titles and the big dance. His team is barely in the mix for the NCAA tourney. He may be really good but he has not earned a spot on that list period

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He's the most talented player in the country who has the misfortune of playing for 1 of the worst coaches in the country. Put Ben with K, Cal, Self, or Roy Williams he's putting up the same #'s & on a top 5 team. Johnny Jones does the least with most & it's not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He's the most talented player in the country who has the misfortune of playing for 1 of the worst coaches in the country. Put Ben with K, Cal, Self, or Roy Williams he's putting up the same #'s & on a top 5 team. Johnny Jones does the least with most & it's not close.
    And this year jones' recruiting isn't close to normal... His days are numbered

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Wooden Award Finalists lead their teams to wins and tourney titles and the big dance.
    + added another fact ..
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Wooden Award Finalists go to class.
    2015 Frank Kaminsky Wisconsin
    2014 Doug McDermott Creighton
    2013 Trey Burke Michigan
    2012 Anthony Davis Kentucky
    2011 Jimmer Fredette Brigham Young
    2010 Evan Turner Ohio State
    2009 Blake Griffin Oklahoma
    2008 Tyler Hansbrough North Carolina
    2007 Kevin Durant exas
    2006 J.J. Redick Duke
    2005 Andrew Bogut Utah
    2004 Jameer Nelson Saint Joseph's
    2003 T.J. Ford Texas
    2002 Jay Williams Duke
    2001 Shane Battier Duke
    2000 Kenyon Martin Cincinnati
    1999 Elton Brand Duke
    1998 Antawn Jamison North Carolina
    1997 Tim Duncan Wake Forest
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And this year jones' recruiting isn't close to normal... His days are numbered
    These two go hand in hand though. He's most likely done after this season, unless there is a miracle run next week and then in tourney.

vCash
    This is an example why one and done is such a joke and I blame the NBA which I do not watch. At best some take easy courses the 1st semester to stay "eligible", quit class the 2nd semester and then go pro. So a 19 year old with one year of "college" is ready for the league, but an 18 year old is not. Baseball takes players at 18 or younger if good enough. College babysits one year for the NBA and three for the NFL. Kentucky's program is a joke in BB. Would love to see the GPAs of their players the last few years.

vCash
    It seems so obvious that basketball should go to the baseball plan, whether it's for 2 or 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    It seems so obvious that basketball should go to the baseball plan, whether it's for 2 or 3 years.
    All college sports should be the same

vCash
    Agreed- basketball should follow the other models- if you enroll in school- you have to stay 3 years. It would be better for College as well as the NBA
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Agreed- basketball should follow the other models- if you enroll in school- you have to stay 3 years. It would be better for College as well as the NBA
    I don't disagree, but I do think that would cause a bunch of kids to go straight to the NBA that wouldn't make it and then be out of the league with nowhere to go. Anybody think Newman would have come to MSU if he thought he had to stay 3 years? I don't. I think he'd gone straight to the nba where he would have been cut and then trying to figure out what to do. This way, he came to college thinking he could go pro after one year. Once in college he (hopefully) realizes he isn't nba ready and can stay in college at least another year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. The problem would be that these kids can go overseas and play for 1 year, make a assload of cash and then enter the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. The problem would be that these kids can go overseas and play for 1 year, make a assload of cash and then enter the draft.
    They can basically do that now....

They should either be allowed to go pro out of high school or have to stay 2 years in college . This at least makes them be college students for 3 semesters....

Banned
    vCash
    Anyone have video on what Ben Simmons said?