Thread: Friday game time question

vCash

Friday game time question

I see the Friday game for the first two weeks is at 4:30. In the past, they were always initially scheduled at a later time and moved up a few days in advance due to cold weather. I guess they decided to go ahead and schedule them earlier due to the high likelihood of cold weather. Now that we are looking at nice weather, why not make the game later?

vCash
    Daylight & warmer temps is my guess & cause it's already on the scked & announced, so why change it?

vCash
    So I can make it in time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    So I can make it in time.
    Be a lot more people there If they'd push it back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Be a lot more people there If they'd push it back.
    Me included. As it is I will have to wait and go Saturday morning.

vCash
    As a fan who tries to attend most weekend home games but has to drive 3 hours, I am pretty displeased with the schedule as a whole. The main reason is because of the TH, FR, SAT series. We have three of them at home this year. That's three games I won't be able to attend. One is the standard season series finale, and the other two are because of TV. Maybe I'm only one of 100 people who even cares, but I am making the effort to attend.

I've come to expect them to move up the first couple Friday games to the weather, and that's been perfectly reasonable. But, given the nice weather forecast, there's no reason not to have tomorrow's game later to give more people an opportunity to come. It seems like small things like this can have a significant impact on the local economy. As it is, there's no reason for me to travel up tomorrow and spend my money, and that's going to be the case for nearly half of the season.