Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malik

vCash

Malik

I've been very critical of his game, but I did like seeing him drive much more last night. If we can convince him to come back, I think a lot of those missed layups will be baskets after an offseason of conditioning. Needs to get better defensively and finishing at the basket in traffic though... Hopefully he decides to come back

vCash
    he has been playing better defense since we switched primarily to man. he needs to be attacking the rim. just his layouts end up misses due to him not getting open like he is used to.

vCash
    Wish he would just dunk the hell out of the ball instead of going lefty layup. Send it in jerome!

vCash
    An offseason where he is healthy and able to focus on developing at point guard would be great too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Wish he would just dunk the hell out of the ball instead of going lefty layup. Send it in jerome!
    This!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I've been very critical of his game, but I did like seeing him drive much more last night. If we can convince him to come back, I think a lot of those missed layups will be baskets after an offseason of conditioning. Needs to get better defensively and finishing at the basket in traffic though... Hopefully he decides to come back
    He has not been completely healthy all year. He is about 6-3 1/2 and weighs maybe 175. He needs to be 190. Gaining good weight will also help with in-game injuries. He needs to come back and be the player his potential says he can be.

vCash
    If Malik does return, does peters redshirt? Got to assume if Malik returns, it will be to play the 1 and improve draft stock. Ready will be back, so where does peters fit in?

vCash
    If Malik does return, does peters redshirt? Got to assume if Malik returns, it will be to play the 1 and improve draft stock. Ready will be back, so where does peters fit in?
    Uh, no.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    No

vCash
    He needs to work on his left hand. If you pay attention, nearly all of his misses when he drives to the basket are with his left. He actually finishes pretty strong with his right.

vCash
    Redshirting in basketball is extremely rare, unless it's injury related or the player is very very very raw.

vCash
    So, where do you guys see peters fitting in if Malik and ready are back? Malik to 2?

vCash
    Howland's job is to win games for MSU. For MSU Malik's best spot is the 2 & IJ & Peters will play the 1.

vCash
    I still think Malik will play the PG, seems to be that's what Howland promised him and I'd rather Howland keep promises. Ready could see the writing on the wall and leave as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Howland's job is to win games for MSU. For MSU Malik's best spot is the 2 & IJ & Peters will play the 1.
    Ready/Peters, Malik and Spoon will give us a really good 3 guard lineup. The improvement next year will have to come from the 4 spot. We can go small with Stapleton/Kegler or big if Holman can make a big jump. Herard and Ado will give us a couple of rim protectors that we don't really have this year. We need to make the tourney next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Ready/Peters, Malik and Spoon will give us a really good 3 guard lineup. The improvement next year will have to come from the 4 spot. We can go small with Stapleton/Kegler or big if Holman can make a big jump. Herard and Ado will give us a couple of rim protectors that we don't really have this year. We need to make the tourney next year.
    Speaking of Holman, why did he only play 9 minutes last night? Zuppardo even played more minutes than him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If Kegler would embrace the stretch 4 role he'd be great at it. That's his best position. I understand why he wants to play the 3 because that's what he is in the league but he's going to have to get in great shape & lose about 10-15lbs to do that.

vCash
    This I agree with, but Howland is starting Malik at the 1 now even though ready is better

vCash
    This I agree with, but Howland is starting Malik at the 1 now even though ready is better
    That's more because Ready is hurt & doesn't practice.

vCash
    That's more because Ready is hurt & doesn't practice.
    Oh ok