Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 New Off-the-field coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He will be on the feild soon enough. The only reason any coach doesn't like him he Bc he can take his team and beat yours and he can take your team and beat his. He was a great hire. I know more coaches that respect him than don't.
    Never played against him once, many others haven't either.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Never played against him once, many others haven't either.

If certain coaches don't like him im sure another representative will deal in depth with those individuals.

vCash
    So who do you pick that everyone loves? And is a good coach/administrator.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Honestly I think the faces of MSU recruiting will be Austin and Gibson. Peterson will be the PR guy until he is ready for a field job and that won't take long. The three hires we made should help instantly based on their knowledge of the state and their passion for Mississippi. A couple of these guys being tight with Demetric can only help as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think he has accepted the fact that the kind of money MSU is paying him no one is going to offer the same amount to leave unless he wins some big games and get MSU to another level and to prove he can recruit.
    And it takes him 9 years to realize that?

vCash
    Y'all should check out Ole Miss's coaching roster. They have several recruiting coordinators. RCs for offence. RCs for defense. RCs for this, that, the other... I didn't count. They have a bunch. #TheNetwork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    And it takes him 9 years to realize that?
    He's been here 9 years? Time flies when you are having fun. Lol***

vCash
    I love the fact that we're setting up a recruiting apparatus that won't leave every year. This might bring some stability to our recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Dawg View Post
    I think Bear Bryant said this too. In any case, I think we are much improved in recruiting now.

Actually, this was said by Bum Phillips about Bear Bryant: "He can take hissin' and beat yer'n and then tale yer'n and beat hissen".