Thread: 4 New Off-the-field coaches

vCash

4 New Off-the-field coaches

Brad Peterson (MC HC) - Rocky's old job
    Rod Gibson (Co-Lin RB coach) - recruiting job
    Patrick Austin (Callaway HC) - recruiting job
    John Haneline (former GA in 2014) - Def. Quality Control

Mullen is getting serious. Fire=Lit
    Last edited by Big4Dawg; 02-16-2016 at 02:40 PM.

vCash
    Rocky is still here. Peterson is just "over" recruiting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Brad Peterson (MC HC) - Rocky's old job
    Rod Gibson (Co-Lin RB coach) - recruiting job
    Patrick Austin (Callaway HC) - recruiting job
    John Haneline (former GA in 2014) - Def. Quality Control

Mullen is getting serious. Fire=Lit
    Eh more like he's playing catch up. Auburn, Bama, USCe all have about 30 off the field coaches with football experience. I'm glad Mullen is finally adding more but we still are way behind everyone else here.

vCash
    About damn time

vCash
    I think Mullen is ready to play the game fully now. I feel like before he just didn't want to since maybe he was still looking for an out. His wife probably told him to stop being a bitching and get his shit together.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It's more about who he hired than how many he hired that let me know he got the message. Especially about in state recruiting. He is all in on in state recruiting for sure. I hope it works out and at first glance every hire looks to be outstanding from a recruiting standpoint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgNamedScuba View Post
    I think Mullen is ready to play the game fully now. I feel like before he just didn't want to since maybe he was still looking for an out. His wife probably told him to stop being a bitching and get his shit together.
    I think he has accepted the fact that the kind of money MSU is paying him no one is going to offer the same amount to leave unless he wins some big games and get MSU to another level and to prove he can recruit.

vCash
    I honestly hope the guy is starting to make some improvements, it just frustrates the hell out of me that he had to get his shit pushed in to learn anything. And you can hire every HS coach in MS but its not going to help much if you float your name out there for every vacancy in FBS, Daniel.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    We are actually spending money ...
    Welcome to SEC football..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    We are actually spending money ...
    Welcome to SEC football..
    Can someone get some numbers on how much we are paying for coaches now vs before?

I think Mullen has done a great job under the circumstances. The only reason why anyone is complaining is because we lost to OM for the last two years. But guess what? They were cheating their arses off and are about to get busted. Yes, I'm looking forward to a brighter future at State but it takes/took time. Remember we had to build a football facility and expand a stadium. We were way behind.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Do y'all know Peterson?

If so, what makes you think he will help recruiting?

Or glad handling HS coaches?

Unless he has had a major attitude change in the last year or so, Mr. Hail Fellow Well Met he ain't.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Can someone get some numbers on how much we are paying for coaches now vs before?

I think Mullen has done a great job under the circumstances. The only reason why anyone is complaining is because we lost to OM for the last two years. But guess what? They were cheating their arses off and are about to get busted. Yes, I'm looking forward to a brighter future at State but it takes/took time. Remember we had to build a football facility and expand a stadium. We were way behind.
    That's why I was always reluctant to go that route.

vCash
    Maybe Mullen gave an ultimatum of sorts to Stricklin. I imagine Stricklin questioned Mulllen about his commitment, and Mullen might have answered with something like, "If you want me to fully commitment, you need to get me some help with recruiting.

While there is plenty to blame Mullen for, I don't think the budget for assistants is under his control. This is about Stricklin coughing up more dough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Maybe Mullen gave an ultimatum of sorts to Stricklin. I imagine Stricklin questioned Mulllen about his commitment, and Mullen might have answered with something like, "If you want me to fully commitment, you need to get me some help with recruiting.

While there is plenty to blame Mullen for, I don't think the budget for assistants is under his control. This is about Stricklin coughing up more dough.
    This isn't it. Our asst coaching pool including the new guys isn't as much as it was last year. Nice thoughts. But it didn't require new additional money. Not now anyway.

vCash
    I know him.

I think it's a great hire. He knows people all over the stat. Hell, he either played for, played with, or is kin to half the coaches in Mississippi.

Maybe it's just you....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I know him.

I think it's a great hire. He knows people all over the stat. Hell, he either played for, played with, or is kin to half the coaches in Mississippi.

Maybe it's just you....
    No, it's a bunch of HS coaches in this state. I think he would have made more sense as a quality control, GA, or on field coach than in a PR position.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    No, it's a bunch of HS coaches in this state. I think he would have made more sense as a quality control, GA, or on field coach than in a PR position.
    He will be on the feild soon enough. The only reason any coach doesn't like him he Bc he can take his team and beat yours and he can take your team and beat his. He was a great hire. I know more coaches that respect him than don't.

vCash
    He (Peterson)was also President of Mississippi Association of Coaches a few years back.........He was hired to recruit and I feel sure he has a good relationship with the majority of coaches in MS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think he has accepted the fact that the kind of money MSU is paying him no one is going to offer the same amount to leave unless he wins some big games and get MSU to another level and to prove he can recruit.
    And that's what he found out after the season ended...has been my thought anyway. And it's fine with me, now that he's doing something about it, that is..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He will be on the feild soon enough. The only reason any coach doesn't like him he Bc he can take his team and beat yours and he can take your team and beat his. He was a great hire. I know more coaches that respect him than don't.
    I think Bear Bryant said this too. In any case, I think we are much improved in recruiting now.