Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give us your top 3 off-the-wall baseball predictions.......

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If you win most of your Friday games in the SEC, you're going to have a phenomenal season. Having your best pitcher sit until the late innings is a risk because it only becomes helpful in close games. If you're winning easily or losing big, it doesn't help at all. I'd rather have him run out there every Friday and shut the other team down.
    Well you start hitting on one of the oldest debates in baseball. Take us for example. With a capable closer, we win 10 more games last year, and that's no exaggeration, I can go back and look at the schedule and name most of them. Your logic is very sound, I'm not disagreeing with you that having a Friday night ace is invaluable. I've noticed that most teams that win national championships have 2 dependable starting pitchers and a closer at minimum. I look at it like, what do we have to do to fit that mold come tournament time? There is simply nothing more frustrating than having your starting guys go deep into the game only to have a reliever blow it.

I personally think Hudson would be the best closer out of the top 4 guys. And since we have to have one, why not him, I say. But again, it's an off-the-wall prediction for a reason.

Banned
    vCash
    Hudson will be our ace and end up an all american
    Hump will do a great job as the closer
    Houston will be all SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Houston will be all SEC.
    Not baseball too. Please don't do this to these kids, they did nothing to you. They don't deserve this.

vCash
    Houston going to have to get out of the doghouse first......

vCash
    I hope Hudson has a great year. Its always great to see guys put it together and live up to their actual talent
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    1. A poster formerly known as Will James will spout a statistic.
    2. Said poster will have no clue how to use, analyze, or interpret said statistic.
    3. Said poster will argue with other posters who know far more baseball than he does.

Oops. Sorry. I just realized it said "off-the-wall" predictions. Not "obvious" predictions. My bad.

vCash
    1) We bunt a LOT because our pitching staff will be very good and Cohen will try to put pressure on opponents by getting early runs. (We will all bitch, but it will be while we're winning.)

2) Daniel Brown will do a 180 and become a legit SEC shutdown pitcher.

3) Reid Humphreys will explode as a hitter because he will have better protection around him, leading to him seeing better pitches to hit.

vCash
    1. The grass in front of home plate will stay green all season.
    2. We get rid of the fake turf down the base lines.
    3. We hit more home runs so Cohen says we need a bigger park, and we go back to bunting.
    Last edited by DawgFromOxford; 02-16-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Not baseball too. Please don't do this to these kids, they did nothing to you. They don't deserve this.
    Hahaha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    1. We host a regional.
    2. Rigby becomes our next Girodo.
    3. We triple our HR total.
    Is that you MStateBaseball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Houston will be all SEC.

It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We win the SEC and make the College World Series.
    We finish last in the SEC.
    Somewhere in the middle.

Ridiculous? Yes. But that's about as accurate as I can be.

vCash
    1. Jim will tell us about a "6 tall, righty senior out of wherever"
    2. He will tell us "you gotta love the way Joe Mc****stick is pitching" when he is striking out our side
    3. You will hear a least twice a game " If it's fair it's trouble!"

I love the guy. Had just as soon listen to him as be there. We have been blessed with the two best baseball and football announcers ever.
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

Funny

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Was reading over at the pack and word is the players are happy about not having to use the Adidas bats. Said they were "dead metal ". They prolly are good for bunting I would guess though. My gut says we are going to surprise some people with more runs than expected this year.
    For Lil Johnnie's sake we better. This is our last excuse for his inability to "coach" a productive offense. Prior to the ball change everyone was using the excuse that the ball and bat combo was the reason for lack of offense. 2015 ball change and just about every other team in SEC and P5 sees noticeable shift in power stats (HR and Slugging %). Then our apologists use the "Adidas bats" as the excuse, even though it didn't have the same noticeable negative impact on others using adidas. For the sake of every "Johnny is an offensive guru" on here, you better hope it was damned bats because your bag of apologistic excuses is now empty. This season is either put up or shut up. You also better hope he doesn't tweak an of the new swings from power to his "spray"'style swing.

Bold Predictions
    1. We have a majority of our hitters with max power stances/swings/approaches
    2. We actually have similar power stats as other teams in our league
    3. We use the bunt properly and not like a 1900's dead ball era team

Not holding my breath on any of these

vCash
    12 dingers for Rooker
    12 homers from the 1st base position
    They are getting yelled at by the hitting coach throughout each AB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Cohen was never a pitching meddler. He deferred that completely to Butch.
    This couldn't be more wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Is that you MStateBaseball?
    Haha I don't think so?

vCash
    We lead SEC in HRs

We have Friday and Saturday night starting pitchers average 6+ innings each

Polk comes back to be the coach vs USM in Jackson