Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did Coach34 expect this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Farley View Post
    "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team.
    This individuality stuff is a bunch of bullshit."
    - General George Patton Jr

It's time the MSU family pulls together and fights together. Our school is bigger and more important then any website, rumor, or fight amongst ourselves. Lets fight our common enemy and we will win the big fight.
    John,

Well said!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    When were formal accusations ever made against MSU in the Redmond case?

Slive will let them be the sacrificial lamb because the big boys in the conference want it to be that way... And what does Slive gain by protecting MSU and Ole Miss? Nothing. His interest are keeping Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc at the top of the league and at the top of college football...
    Who said Slive needs to be providing ANY sacrificial lambs from the SEC. The SEC is the kingpin and I doubt Slive sees it as needing to appease anyone with any SEC school, even the lower tier SEC schools. And as far as us with the Redmond case there didn't need to be formal accusations because our compliance was the lead dog in finding the violations and turning over the evidence to the NCAA. All the NCAA really had to do in our case was nod their head yes that they agreed we had the violations and determine our punishment which apparently we worked with them jointly on. OM, on the other hand, isn't going to budge an inch on this and the NCAA will have to prove from square one anything and everything that may or may not have happened related to their recruiting activities. Very difficult to try and compare the 2 situations

I am certainly NOT sitting here saying that I'm totally convinced that nothing will come of this OM "investigation" either but I will be MORE surprised if something does come of it than I will be if nothing comes of it.

vCash
    Just wait on parts 2 and 3 of Fowler's report**

Once this stuff goes PUBLIC, it is outside of Slive's control...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    same thing, if not more. They would take any chance to drive is into and under the ground. They've attempted before and succeed a few times. If we sit there and continue to take it like the Templeton Era and before, we never separate separate ourselves from them on or off the field. We have the momentum to leave them a large gap to close. We allow this shit to continue and it allows them to win 1 or 2 more games a year, putting them at 6 wins this year and next, going to a bowl, they close the gap we've created. You cant allow someone to continue to come pillage your village, and expect to ever distance yourself from them. You dont see us going after all of their top recruits with the firepower that they do every year. Just think of the team we'd have right now if they hadn't been buying a handful of the top MS kids every year. We've all seen what Mullen can do, developing the supposed lower rated HS recruits. Give him a few more 4* guys the past 3 recruiting classes and think where they'd be right now in their development.

I take it you are from the Pre Sherrill generation, when it was just fun to go to games. Winning was just icing on the cake. If you want to win, and win big, you cant allow people to come into your house, shit on your floor, and then walk out with your wife. I will not tolerate that type of shit. Turning the other cheek in this instance is not an option. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Had other schools not spoken up about this, nothing would have happened and we'd be looking at another 11th hour bidding war from those wearing red and blue.
    Believe me, after the OM private investigator crap that happened back during the Sherrill days, I'm pretty much good with WHATEVER method we use to find out what's going on with their recruiting methods when it becomes as obvious as it is right now that they are cheating way above and beyond. I mean when someone is driving 65 in a 55 that's one thing but at this point they are doing more on the order of 90 in a 55.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Just wait on parts 2 and 3 of Fowler's report**

Once this stuff goes PUBLIC, it is outside of Slive's control...
    I think we all know what SHOULD be in the next parts of his report.

BUT, what is pressure is applied to his editors? What if there are legal "threats", that make it so cost prohibitive they water down the context? How closely related is the Internet, and TV side of CBS? Would the network that employs Archie Manning, and Tim Brando be influenced by the former to cease the Bear Attack?

It makes me recall all the Charles Robinson, of Yahoo Sports, dirt he had on Auburn. I remember how his next stories were going to bury Auburn. I also remember how everyone at ESPN just clammed up about Auburn, all of a sudden. RIght after Cam was declared ineligible for a lunch break. This seems familiar, on a smaller scale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Believe me, after the OM private investigator crap that happened back during the Sherrill days, I'm pretty much good with WHATEVER method we use to find out what's going on with their recruiting methods when it becomes as obvious as it is right now that they are cheating way above and beyond. I mean when someone is driving 65 in a 55 that's one thing but at this point they are doing more on the order of 90 in a 55.
    And flipping off the police, while doing so. "God made our vehicle naturally this fast! Win the Speed Trap!"

vCash
    any and everyone involved is receiving cease and desists orders today. Something MSU waited WAY too long to do. It just means press will have a difficult time with this, but it doesn't mean anything about the likelihood of OM wiggling out of this mess unscathed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Chris Jones is a small piece of the whole puzzle too. This is going to explode and involve possibly over 100 people being interviewed, from OM recruits, to OM players, kids' parents, to kids that signed with other schools, mulitple Dr's in Jackson, locals in Oxford, business owners, and the list keeps going.

They are about to be skull drug and I don't think there's a lawyer in the entire country that can stop it. Their only hope is political pressure from above on the NCAA to derail the investigation, which is a possibility.
    August 2013. Been a long time coming.