Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Coach34 expect this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    there's a little bit of a misconception here. Jones was not sent to gather intel per se, but every one knew he wasn't going to flip when he went (except OM). They got greedy and went after him through a relative. When Jones was asked after his visit about what happened, he wasn't shy about it and just told the truth. Lets hope he didnt parse words when talking to the NCAA either.
    Yeah, it got a little dramatic in my post- but Jones was very upfront with Mullen on all this. Didnt hold back on what was thrown their way. We'll see what the NCAA gets.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah, it got a little dramatic in my post- but Jones was very upfront with Mullen on all this. Didnt hold back on what was thrown their way. We'll see what the NCAA gets.
    I don't think it's thy far off, I just hope he doesn't get labelled as a wire wearing espionage super agent. He was invited for a visit, took it, and then when he was asked what happened, he told the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I don't think it's thy far off, I just hope he doesn't get labelled as a wire wearing espionage super agent. He was invited for a visit, took it, and then when he was asked what happened, he told the truth.
    So... whats the story on what actually happened? I've heard rumors, but have never been clear on exactly what Ole Miss did?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-12-2013 at 08:55 AM.

vCash
    Yea he put it all out there for Mullen and that was big... But now we are talking investigation CJ is being question so you know being a 18 year old kid he has to be nervous... Now it just depends on what all he told the NCAA and just how detailed he was during the process

vCash
    he went for the scenery. came back with more than that.

vCash
    Political Hack -- nailed it son!

vCash
    There is something dirty going on at every school. If you are going to cheat you better cheat big, be selective when you do, win the recruit and get him in your pocket. Chris Spears said that JWS offered his step dad a job for life, car and to pay off home. You have to ask your self this, was the guy just stupid for not taking the offer, did he lie, or did ole miss offer more? I think they did get greedy last recruiting seaon and it could come back to bite.

vCash
    I think if everybody laid off the 11th hour flip bullshit, the NCAA wouldn't need to be involved.

vCash
    Wow C222 "win at all cost" on the backs of teenagers. Is that where you are? I hope you are 18 with no children, experience in raising a family. Do you not realize that over time right wins over wrong? Look at our recent history vs. the Bears. Mullen and company are not sending 18 year olds to gather "intel". If you think our coaching staff is that petty and junior high, I question your sanity,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msumudcat View Post
    Wow C222 "win at all cost" on the backs of teenagers. Is that where you are? I hope you are 18 with no children, experience in raising a family. Do you not realize that over time right wins over wrong? Look at our recent history vs. the Bears. Mullen and company are not sending 18 year olds to gather "intel". If you think our coaching staff is that petty and junior high, I question your sanity,
    I don't believe the "intel" narrative. Just pointing out that Ole Miss attempted to flip our biggest recruit at the last minute and it appears we didn't sit back and let it happen like we have in the past.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Think of it this way. If roles were reversed, the Bears would have been doing the...

Quote Originally Posted by msumudcat View Post
    same thing, if not more. They would take any chance to drive is into and under the ground. They've attempted before and succeed a few times. If we sit there and continue to take it like the Templeton Era and before, we never separate separate ourselves from them on or off the field. We have the momentum to leave them a large gap to close. We allow this shit to continue and it allows them to win 1 or 2 more games a year, putting them at 6 wins this year and next, going to a bowl, they close the gap we've created. You cant allow someone to continue to come pillage your village, and expect to ever distance yourself from them. You dont see us going after all of their top recruits with the firepower that they do every year. Just think of the team we'd have right now if they hadn't been buying a handful of the top MS kids every year. We've all seen what Mullen can do, developing the supposed lower rated HS recruits. Give him a few more 4* guys the past 3 recruiting classes and think where they'd be right now in their development.

I take it you are from the Pre Sherrill generation, when it was just fun to go to games. Winning was just icing on the cake. If you want to win, and win big, you cant allow people to come into your house, shit on your floor, and then walk out with your wife. I will not tolerate that type of shit. Turning the other cheek in this instance is not an option. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Had other schools not spoken up about this, nothing would have happened and we'd be looking at another 11th hour bidding war from those wearing red and blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Cheat and let cheat is what I've been saying for years.

Right up until the Touhy's got behind DeVinner to stir up last year's mess.

Let's remember what the score is. Ole Miss took down Sherrill at his peak. The 3 year witch hunt kicked off by Xenareb killed recruiting which led to Sherrill's downfall. Then we Croomed ourselves. We sat back and took all that.

We finally build a good team again and they have to go and try again with the NCAA, but it didn't work.

Should we sit back and let them try burning us over and over while they flip recruits with the means that they accuse us of? Hell no.

Fortunately for us, they've dug their own grave. While I enjoy the circus that's happening, this isn't just an MSU vs Ole Miss thing. It is UGA, Bama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Auburn, MSU (did I leave anybody out) vs Ole Miss. Good luck with that, Rebels.

I am still a proponent of cheat & let cheat. There are right ways to do it. Let everybody croot. But don't go press your luck with flipping croots at the 11th hour. That's crossing the line.

Is there any coincidence that the NCAA's most recently publicized Ole Miss investigation was with 2 players (CJ & Chris Jones) who were both 11th hour flip targets? Sit back and grab some popcorn. Its only a matter of time until Ole Miss croots outside the Egg Bowl rivalry come into the news.
    You know I've been saying for years that the Bearz would come after Mullen the way they did The Kang. Fortunately, it appears Mullen & Jackie are tight, so Mullen saw this coming a mile away and was ready. Now it's time to flip the tables, put the shoe on the other foot, whatever cliche you want to use. The Bearz need to feel NCAA pain, because they've had a blank check for ages and forgotten what it feels like. I'm hoping for Dog Brewer level sanctions against them. Because let's be real: What they've been doing the last few years is pretty much exactly what they were doing under Dog. And maybe worse.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Its all fine and good that the NCAA is checking into OM's recruiting but I guess I'm just skeptical enough that I'll just ask for somebody to wake me up on this when formal accusations against OM have been levied by the NCAA. Until then I don't have much belief that anything of substance will come from it. OM will try and cover it all up, Slive will try to cover it all up and I just don't really believe the NCAA is that interested in recruiting violations these days.

Banned
    vCash
    Finally! Another rational thinking person. I completely agree with you. If this was such a huge story (outside of EliteDawgs) we'd be hearing about it from other places, besides this one article. I heard more scrutiny when they signed the class than I am now. I think if there was really something of substance, every media clown would be all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggityDawg View Post
    Finally! Another rational thinking person. I completely agree with you. If this was such a huge story (outside of EliteDawgs) we'd be hearing about it from other places, besides this one article. I heard more scrutiny when they signed the class than I am now. I think if there was really something of substance, every media clown would be all over it.
    We get it. You don't think anything will come of this. I suggest you go read the OT forum and stay off the main forum. This will probably be a topic of conversation for a little while.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Cheat and let cheat is what I've been saying for years.

Right up until the Touhy's got behind DeVinner to stir up last year's mess.

Let's remember what the score is. Ole Miss took down Sherrill at his peak. The 3 year witch hunt kicked off by Xenareb killed recruiting which led to Sherrill's downfall. Then we Croomed ourselves. We sat back and took all that.

We finally build a good team again and they have to go and try again with the NCAA, but it didn't work.

Should we sit back and let them try burning us over and over while they flip recruits with the means that they accuse us of? Hell no.

Fortunately for us, they've dug their own grave. While I enjoy the circus that's happening, this isn't just an MSU vs Ole Miss thing. It is UGA, Bama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Auburn, MSU (did I leave anybody out) vs Ole Miss. Good luck with that, Rebels.

I am still a proponent of cheat & let cheat. There are right ways to do it. Let everybody croot. But don't go press your luck with flipping croots at the 11th hour. That's crossing the line.

Is there any coincidence that the NCAA's most recently publicized Ole Miss investigation was with 2 players (CJ & Chris Jones) who were both 11th hour flip targets? Sit back and grab some popcorn. Its only a matter of time until Ole Miss croots outside the Egg Bowl rivalry come into the news.
    ^^This X1000^^

It doesn't really bother me if everyone cheats and gives their players a little money on the side. Hell, I think college players should be getting paid anyway. When you throw money and women at someone else's recruit, who they've probably been after for years, in late January and early February, then you've got a problem.

The keys in this whole thing to me are Tunsil and Daniel. It's no coincidence that the NCAA has been reportedly interviewing CJ and Chris Jones in the same week (As an aside, people over here have been saying this shit was going to be looked at for a while now. They caught a great deal of crap from UM people about "making stuff up", but with this and the Brunetti stuff, at what point do they realize that a lot of rumors over here have some legs?). What is telling to me though, is that the NCAA never commented on the CJ stuff when Veazey asked them about it. If the case was really closed, as the UM administration claimed, wouldn't the NCAA say UM was cleared and they found nothing? Hell yeah, they'd say "nothing to see here." This tells me that the case is open and ongoing. And for all we know, the NCAA could have already investigated other recruits about UM; these are just the ones that have been reported in the media.

As I was saying about Tunsil, Georgia was pissed off on a whole other level about that, and if the investigation goes out-of-state, UM has much less control than they would in MS. If you hear about the NCAA snooping around Georgia and Florida, or if a report comes out about the NCAA asking Elijah Daniel questions, then something big might actually come of this. Everyone in America knows UM cheated in a big way last year. Hopefully the NCAA can finally get off their asses, listen to Georgia, Fla. St., Alabama, Michigan, etc., and finally do something about this flipping recruits at the last minute bullshit. Of course, all this depends on the NCAA doing their job, and after Miami and Auburn got off, you never know with those bastards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Its all fine and good that the NCAA is checking into OM's recruiting but I guess I'm just skeptical enough that I'll just ask for somebody to wake me up on this when formal accusations against OM have been levied by the NCAA. Until then I don't have much belief that anything of substance will come from it. OM will try and cover it all up, Slive will try to cover it all up and I just don't really believe the NCAA is that interested in recruiting violations these days.
    When were formal accusations ever made against MSU in the Redmond case?

Slive will let them be the sacrificial lamb because the big boys in the conference want it to be that way... And what does Slive gain by protecting MSU and Ole Miss? Nothing. His interest are keeping Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc at the top of the league and at the top of college football...

vCash
    Again -- what makes you think they aren't? They don't have to report on the SAME DAY in order to still be all be ALL over it. Fear not -- it's coming from elsewhere -- it will be soon -- and it will be MUCH bigger in scope. 2 separate reports within a week from two very different sources about OM recruiting -- and you really want to say "nothing to see here"?

Look -- The Croom Diaries told you yesterday that CBS had the goods. This is just the beginning of that story...and this is just a tiny aspect that you won't even remember when it's broken in it's entirity...

Banned
    vCash
    I don't know that they aren't, but until they do, I'm going to assume everything is operating as usual. I'll wait on the reports before I get overly excited and start predicting the OM downfall. I'm not following a "nothing to see here" approach; it's a "not gonna hold my breath approach", at least not until some more information and some damning evidence comes to light.

vCash
    I don't know that they aren't, but until they do, I'm going to assume everything is operating as usual. I'll wait on the reports before I get overly excited and start predicting the OM downfall. I'm not following a "nothing to see here" approach; it's a "not gonna hold my breath approach", at least not until some more information and some damning evidence comes to light.
    We get it.

You were warned. Have a seat outside.