Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Coach34 expect this?

vCash

Did Coach34 expect this?

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showt...946#post836946

"Move on to Chris Jones. Ole Miss recruited him the wrong way, went through the wrong person and went after Jones the way they go after every big name they have no shot at. Was Jones making late night trips to Oxford? Yes. Was it to see Ole Miss coaches? No. Again, another story. Our coaches knew Chris was a dawg the whole time. They sent him to get intel and intel only. Which he got MORE than plenty of. More than plenty folks. It is pretty laughable about how they dont even attempt to hide it. Jones helped us get the goods on them and we have nucleur weapons at this point."

vCash
    Chris Jones is a small piece of the whole puzzle too. This is going to explode and involve possibly over 100 people being interviewed, from OM recruits, to OM players, kids' parents, to kids that signed with other schools, mulitple Dr's in Jackson, locals in Oxford, business owners, and the list keeps going.

They are about to be skull drug and I don't think there's a lawyer in the entire country that can stop it. Their only hope is political pressure from above on the NCAA to derail the investigation, which is a possibility.

vCash
    Heard the Florida area is their worst enemy right now..

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Their only hope is political pressure from above on the NCAA to derail the investigation, which is a possibility.
    Huh? Didn't Mitt and his Ole Miss dude lose the last election?

vCash
    I've been saying it all along- the NCAA has a whole list of shit on them from all over the nation. Jones is just a small piece
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchD24 View Post
    Heard the Florida area is their worst enemy right now..
    there's some pissed off people there, but they've got problems in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi if not more. But yes, there's at least two issues in Florida that will be looked into.

vCash
    Question - how does the NCAA view prostitution?

vCash
    Coach, I gotta say when you released "IT" last year I was pretty skeptical and dissapointed. I am glad that I was wrong on that. Here's hoping they get beaten down by the NCAA over their heads.

Even if it is just a threat of severe sanctions, that should be good for recruiting this year and next.
    Last edited by CrazyEyeKilla; 08-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    there's some pissed off people there, but they've got problems in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi if not more. But yes, there's at least two issues in Florida that will be looked into.
    Didnt they JUST like 2 weeks ago pull the rug on Texas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Yep. And someone please tell me that Laquon Treadwell was recruited by Notre Dame. If they piss them off too, along with Texas and Alabama- it will get ugly.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. And someone please tell me that Laquon Treadwell was recruited by Notre Dame. If they piss them off too, along with Texas and Alabama- it will get ugly.
    ND offered him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    yes, they did and the texas media was in an uproar. Does political pressure from MS outweight political pressure from TX?

vCash
    "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team.
    This individuality stuff is a bunch of bullshit."
    - General George Patton Jr

It's time the MSU family pulls together and fights together. Our school is bigger and more important then any website, rumor, or fight amongst ourselves. Lets fight our common enemy and we will win the big fight.

vCash
    Hell yes.

vCash
    Yep...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Farley View Post
    "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team.
    This individuality stuff is a bunch of bullshit."
    - General George Patton Jr

It's time the MSU family pulls together and fights together. Our school is bigger and more important then any website, rumor, or fight amongst ourselves. Lets fight our common enemy and we will win the big fight.
    I picture you as Braveheart when reading this. And I'm amped now.

vCash
    How dirty is recruiting if we, MSU use an 17-18 year old to gather "intel" on our rival as Big4Dawg suggests? If this is true, we all should be worried. This whole system that the NCAA has invented in terms of recruiting, encourages wrongdoing by alums, donors and coaches. Then--fans expect a 17-18 year old to be a spy and gather "Intel" on another school??? Geesh. I know the Bears are cheating, we all do. It's sad, if true, that schools use teenagers to corroborate other school's recruiting practices.

vCash
    Cheat and let cheat is what I've been saying for years.

Right up until the Touhy's got behind DeVinner to stir up last year's mess.

Let's remember what the score is. Ole Miss took down Sherrill at his peak. The 3 year witch hunt kicked off by Xenareb killed recruiting which led to Sherrill's downfall. Then we Croomed ourselves. We sat back and took all that.

We finally build a good team again and they have to go and try again with the NCAA, but it didn't work.

Should we sit back and let them try burning us over and over while they flip recruits with the means that they accuse us of? Hell no.

Fortunately for us, they've dug their own grave. While I enjoy the circus that's happening, this isn't just an MSU vs Ole Miss thing. It is UGA, Bama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Auburn, MSU (did I leave anybody out) vs Ole Miss. Good luck with that, Rebels.

I am still a proponent of cheat & let cheat. There are right ways to do it. Let everybody croot. But don't go press your luck with flipping croots at the 11th hour. That's crossing the line.

Is there any coincidence that the NCAA's most recently publicized Ole Miss investigation was with 2 players (CJ & Chris Jones) who were both 11th hour flip targets? Sit back and grab some popcorn. Its only a matter of time until Ole Miss croots outside the Egg Bowl rivalry come into the news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msumudcat View Post
    How dirty is recruiting if we, MSU use an 17-18 year old to gather "intel" on our rival as Big4Dawg suggests? If this is true, we all should be worried. This whole system that the NCAA has invented in terms of recruiting, encourages wrongdoing by alums, donors and coaches. Then--fans expect a 17-18 year old to be a spy and gather "Intel" on another school??? Geesh. I know the Bears are cheating, we all do. It's sad, if true, that schools use teenagers to corroborate other school's recruiting practices.
    Maybe we should've sat back and let Ole Miss take another recruit from us at the last minute. Would you have liked that?

vCash
    there's a little bit of a misconception here. Jones was not sent to gather intel per se, but every one knew he wasn't going to flip when he went (except OM). They got greedy and went after him through a relative. When Jones was asked after his visit about what happened, he wasn't shy about it and just told the truth. Lets hope he didnt parse words when talking to the NCAA either.