Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wow! NCAA questions Chris Jones about OM recruiting!

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    Just waking up to this, ha. There's more to come. OM is screwed....and that's not my opinion but the opinion of people much more in the know than I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Croom Diaries View Post
    Just waking up to this, ha. There's more to come. OM is screwed....and that's not my opinion but the opinion of people much more in the know than I am.
    people will have to be patient. It's going to take a long, long time to get to the bottom of this one. OM's only hope IMO is that the NCAA is disbanded and left in the dust before sanctions are handed down. With the width of this investigation, that very well could be the case.

vCash
    Don't forget Michigan. I think they were pretty butt hurt over the Laquon "Paidwell" Treadwell recruitment.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Anybody remember this from earlier this year?
    http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/44835/f...f#.UgjalG2sYya

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Anybody remember this from earlier this year?
    http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/44835/f...f#.UgjalG2sYya
    I now know everything there is to know about nachos now.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    I now know everything there is to know about nachos now.
    I thought the same thing. Individual nachos are something created in hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not to be a downer or anything.....but can someone explain this to me. Do we know that by "interviewing" him, he actually gave them anything of substance? In other words, could we be building this up to be something that, unless the young men actually talk, could end up with them finding nothing?

Just trying to play devil's advocate amidst the enjoyment.

That's what I have been wondering. It goes back to Jones visiting UM to gather intel against. Was this something orchestrated by Mullen and the staff? If so, why would they do that? First off, I can't see a coach asking an 18 year old recruit to do something like that no matter how confident your are in their commitment. You have to consider the repercussions of it all. The only way I would go for it was if Jones was really adamant about it, assuming UM something really wrong to upset him and he was looking for payback.

The fact that Jones made those trips, though, tells me he had something to spill, and knew he was going to get more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    That's what I have been wondering. It goes back to Jones visiting UM to gather intel against. Was this something orchestrated by Mullen and the staff? If so, why would they do that? First off, I can't see a coach asking an 18 year old recruit to do something like that no matter how confident your are in their commitment. You have to consider the repercussions of it all. The only way I would go for it was if Jones was really adamant about it, assuming UM something really wrong to upset him and he was looking for payback.

The fact that Jones made those trips, though, tells me he had something to spill, and knew he was going to get more.
    Jones wasn't a spy for us. The trips for a 18 year old kid was too much to pass up.

vCash

A note to any...

...of you who were one of the psychos who sent Jones death threats:

I hope the NSA tapped your death threat correspondence & has it tucked away in your NSA file.

This is one instance where I hope our out-of-control national surveillance apparatus stored all your crazy bullshit in a file with your full name & social security # on it. And will us it against you the first opportunity presented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Jones wasn't a spy for us. The trips for a 18 year old kid was too much to pass up.
    Mullen and Jones had a great relationship. Mullen knew he was going to visit and basically said "let me know what they throw at you"....Jones came back from his visit and told Mullen what all they did and threw at him

People need to keep in mind- Ole Miss has been turned in by schools from all over the country- this isn't State trying to even the score
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    Their downfall has to be Tunsill. IMO, that is the recruitment they came out of left field for. The Chris Jones recruitment as well because he was committed to us for so long as well. Of course, if they paid his dad, we could always use the Scam defense and say he didn't know about it...
    That loophole was closed shortly after.

vCash
    This.

Jones told our staff WEEKS in advance of visiting Oxford that he intended to visit. Several of us knew this. Now, we hoped he would shut it down 100% after his OV to MSU -- but the possibility of him visiting them was already out there.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    Their downfall has to be Tunsill. IMO, that is the recruitment they came out of left field for. The Chris Jones recruitment as well because he was committed to us for so long as well. Of course, if they paid his dad, we could always use the Scam defense and say he didn't know about it...
    I agree and here's an article from 3rdand57 from February of this year with quotes from Tunsil's coach. I've been looking for the original interview, but can't find it. Anyone have it bookmarked?http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/0...g-at-ole-miss/

vCash
    This.

Jones told our staff WEEKS in advance that he intended to visit Oxford. Several of us knew this. Now, we hoped he would shut it down 100% after his OV to MSU -- but the possibility of him visiting them was already out there.(yes HD6, I know you think I made that shit up and and will probably dedicate another radio segment to it -- but it sure seems alot more plausible today doesn't it).

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

In all likelihood, they were paid OM fans posing as State fans sending the threats...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ...of you who were one of the psychos who sent Jones death threats:

I hope the NSA tapped your death threat correspondence & has it tucked away in your NSA file.

This is one instance where I hope our out-of-control national surveillance apparatus stored all your crazy bullshit in a file with your full name & social security # on it. And will us it against you the first opportunity presented.
    After all wasn't that their plan all along? Go after MSU any and every way possible on social media and message boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mullen and Jones had a great relationship. Mullen knew he was going to visit and basically said "let me know what they throw at you"....Jones came back from his visit and told Mullen what all they did and threw at him

People need to keep in mind- Ole Miss has been turned in by schools from all over the country- this isn't State trying to even the score
    This is what I keep coming back to and many of our fans predicted it would happen this way. The ncaa could give a shit about MSU being pissed off, but when olemiss got wayyy out of their lane and took their game from statewide to almost nation wide the ncaa has to listen to that many big schools. Any information we have is just thrown in with the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    I bet you can't get in a church in Oxford right now. Hugh and his angels are praying that this will go away but when you make a deal with the debil himself it's gonna bite you in the ass sooner or later and sooner has arrived.
    If someone thinks a team wins because they believe god had a hand in the victory they are wacked in the head. God doesn't care who wins football games. If god cared Alabama would not have won the NC last year.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

??? Do share??

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Dive View Post
    Seeing that sign on I-75 may cause plantation-cardiac-failure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    people will have to be patient. It's going to take a long, long time to get to the bottom of this one. OM's only hope IMO is that the NCAA is disbanded and left in the dust before sanctions are handed down. With the width of this investigation, that very well could be the case.
    That is my fear. There is already many big time schools calling for the NCAA to be disbanded or at least stripped of some of their power or their power conference will pull out of the NCAA which would destroy it anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    ??? Do share??
    Laremy Tunsil's home town.

Tunsil's recruitment, in my opinion, is the catalyst for the UM investigation.