Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wow! NCAA questions Chris Jones about OM recruiting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    I also want to point out John was the only recruiting guy who never wavered on Jones being a Dawg. Not once. Just a little FYI and shit.
    Fact. He was the only one that staked anything at the end -- and was 100% correct...

vCash
    It's funny how the ncaa could give a shit about olemiss buying recruits out from under us. Once they buy georgia's main guy out from under them, now the ncaa is interested in what has happened to us at the hands of the rebels. They will blame all this mess on us, but in the end, they got too big for their britches and pissed off georgia (and possibly alabama). That is what got them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    It's funny how the ncaa could give a shit about olemiss buying recruits out from under us. Once they buy georgia's main guy out from under them, now the ncaa is interested in what has happened to us at the hands of the rebels. They will blame all this mess on us, but in the end, they got too big for their britches and pissed off georgia (and possibly alabama). That is what got them.
    And Texas

vCash

Well, Chris' mother is saying nothing was out of the usual but if I remember

correctly they were trying to get to him thru his Father. The UM faithful are again trying to turn this shit on us saying they are investigating both. Good grief Charlie Brown. Glad we don't have to hear their whiney asses over here. I hope the mf'ers burn.

vCash
    Like I said- if they did it to just one school- like if they just bought Tony Conner out from under from untouchable Alabama- I doubt anything would happen. But when you have multiple schools from multiple conferences complaining- SOMETHING is going to happen. Let's see- Georgia, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and who knows who else I'm missing? The only person who doesn't seem pissed at them is Steve Spurrier and that's probably only because they didn't buy anyone out from under him, so why would he care?

vCash
    Fingers crossed gentlemen, fingers crossed. This does not seem to be the faith based recruiting we have all heard about... There are simply too many fires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    correctly they were trying to get to him thru his Father. The UM faithful are again trying to turn this shit on us saying they are investigating both. Good grief Charlie Brown. Glad we don't have to hear their whiney asses over here. I hope the mf'ers burn.
    She probably knows what happened, but after the circus she and her family went through in January and February, I doubt she wants to start another one.

vCash
    His mother seemed like a fine lady. I doubt that the reverend and company would have tried to bribe her. It all points to the father.

vCash
    someone mentioned to keep an eye out for the ncaa talking to elijah daniel. This could be interesting considering that we kept having good interaction with daniel and at one time thought we were his leader. Of course, that changed and he committed to olemiss. In the end, he signed with auburn after olemiss told him they weren't going to recruit Jones. If I remember correctly, he wasn't happy when it became obvious that they were going after Jones and he had something to say about it around the time he committed to auburn.
    Correct. Elijah Daniel has just as much on them as Jones. Maybe more. Daniel can tie it directly to(at least 1) member of their coaching staff -- and despite him toying with us, the fix was in early on. It took them getting greedy and pursuing Jones, Herron, and Carl Lawson while lying to him to push him to Auburn at the last minute(and we all know you don't have a bidding war with Auburn).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Funny -- why does the article only mention Ole Miss?

Yes. Their in was thru his father...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Correct. Elijah Daniel has just as much on them as Jones. Maybe more. Daniel can tie it directly to(at least 1) member of their coaching staff -- and despite him toying with us, the fix was in early on. It took them getting greedy and pursuing Jones, Herron, and Carl Lawson while lying to him to push him to Auburn at the last minute(and we all know you don't have a bidding war with Auburn).
    Do we know that the NCAA is also actively pursuing the Daniel case? Or is it just safe to assume that they will in the near future. It would only seem logical to investigate the rest if they smell smoke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like I said- if they did it to just one school- like if they just bought Tony Conner out from under from untouchable Alabama- I doubt anything would happen. But when you have multiple schools from multiple conferences complaining- SOMETHING is going to happen. Let's see- Georgia, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and who knows who else I'm missing? The only person who doesn't seem pissed at them is Steve Spurrier and that's probably only because they didn't buy anyone out from under him, so why would he care?
    Let's not forget tennessee as well. They have had a burr in their asses over Davinner for quite some time now and we know that olemiss signed a few of davinner's memphis players. AND the touhys were one of davinner's big contributors.

Olemiss might get busted for everything from prostitution to racketeering. Hell, they may even be involved in voter fraud in hattiesburg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Grant View Post
    Do we know that the NCAA is also actively pursuing the Daniel case? Or is it just safe to assume that they will in the near future. It would only seem logical to investigate the rest if they smell smoke.
    They won't smell smoke They'll get burnt up if they don't get out quick enough.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

This isn't that quick... They've known about CJ for at least 2 years...

Man, this has been a rough weekend for Ole Miss.

First CJ rumors.

Second, Kalio rumors.

And now....Chris Jones is interviewing with the NCAA about Ole Miss recruiting.

I'm not surprised at all that Ole Miss is being investigated. I am surprised that it is happening this quickly. At this rate, they may get slammed by the Auburn game.
    And this last class just poked too many people.

This is the way I see it. MSU turns in OM for buying players previously. Provides names, amounts, items, etc.. NCAA looks at it like sour grapes and just a rival starting shit, and does not look into it.

Then 2013 happens. Recruits that weren't bought and went elsewhere and tell what OM boosters offered to get them to switch. School notifies NCAA of the things OM boosters offered as payment. The stories from multiple sources are very similar and corroborate what lil ole MSU has been saying. End result, NCAA gets off their asses because there are too many incidents that are identical. Add to the fact that OM had been lulled into a false sense of security buying recruits, because they have been getting away with it for years. They've been skating and avoiding infractions for a while. This complacency resulted in the sloppy construction of the most brazen and blatantly obvious bought recruiting class in NCAA history. Greed will get you every time.

vCash

What can Chris really say about them that would hurt them w/o it hurting him in

the process? Is he gonna say they offered him cash but he didn't take it? He damn sure can't say they offered and he took it. How much could they really turn up here w/o Jones indicting himself in the meantime?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Define major trouble.
    A few years bowl ban, major scholarship reductions for multiple years, possibly a firing of Freeze.

How bout this? Name the punishment you would accept in order for you to be able to swallow a one year Chris Jones suspincion?

This is strictly theoretical btw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    A few years bowl ban, major scholarship reductions for multiple years, possibly a firing of Freeze.

How bout this? Name the punishment you would accept in order for you to be able to swallow a one year Chris Jones suspincion?

This is strictly theoretical btw
    Ole Miss not allowed to give football scholarships for four years, a four year bowl ban with the death penalty invoked for repeat violator status. In the SEC, that would be worse than the death penalty in my mind. It would take them YEARS to recover. That would set them back about 10 years- at best. Not only that, they would be constantly mentioned for their transgressions. PR nightmare.

vCash
    Ole Miss not allowed to give football scholarships for four years, a four year bowl ban with the death penalty invoked for repeat violator status. In the SEC, that would be worse than the death penalty in my mind. It would take them YEARS to recover. That would set them back about 10 years- at best. Not only that, they would be constantly mentioned for their transgressions. PR nightmare.
    I would rather them to go ahead and impose the death penalty. I'd like for future generations to have a puzzled look when someone mentions OM. To hear,"Ole Miss was an actual university," from a child's mouth would bring a smile to mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnterpriseDawg View Post
    I would rather them to go ahead and impose the death penalty. I'd like for future generations to have a puzzled look when someone mentions OM. To hear,"Ole Miss was an actual university," from a child's mouth would bring a smile to mine.
    I just don't want to have to play USM in the Egg Bowl. Can we consider Tulane an in-state school?

vCash
    Their downfall has to be Tunsill. IMO, that is the recruitment they came out of left field for. The Chris Jones recruitment as well because he was committed to us for so long as well. Of course, if they paid his dad, we could always use the Scam defense and say he didn't know about it...