Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Super Bowl Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Super Bowl Edition

Unfortunately, I'm on day 5 of a 10 day detox cleanse so I have nothing interesting to add unless y'all want to see green veggie shakes.

vCash
    Heading to South LA with my fianc? and her family to a Mardi Gras parade. Not sure what's on schedule for supper tonight.

vCash
    Had a King Cake overnighted from Haydels that arrived this morning. Then got lucky that the local seafood market got some live crawfish in for the weekend.
    Figured Abita would make it a trifecta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Had a King Cake overnighted from Haydels that arrived this morning. Then got lucky that the local seafood market got some live crawfish in for the weekend.
    Dang.....from a coast rat in exile, I am jealous!

vCash
    Last two elk sirloin steaks tonight, with home canned peas and jojos:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Sumbitch, you got it, son, you got it. I am drooling over here...damnation I don't know why I come into these threads...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    Sumbitch, you got it, son, you got it. I am drooling over here...damnation I don't know why I come into these threads...
    Haha. Exactly how I feel. The elk steaks look great too.

vCash
    The crawfish was just luck. No one sells them live locally, and I'd been on the guy at the seafood market for years about getting crawfish brought in during the season. He finally broke down and did it last year. Sold out every week. At $4.99 a lb.

I've got some left over that I'm going to peel and throw into some shrimp and tortellini Alfredo in a couple of days.

vCash
    Had to go with BeastMan's applewood bacon wrapped redfish chunks on the grill. Washed down, of course, with plenty of Natural Light. May have to night cap with Makers 46.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Had to go with BeastMan's applewood bacon wrapped redfish chunks on the grill. Washed down, of course, with plenty of Natural Light. May have to night cap with Makers 46.
    How did it turn out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    How did it turn out?
    Superb. My new favorite for reds.