Thread: Look On The Bright Side or as OM would do here's the SPIN

vCash

Look On The Bright Side or as OM would do here's the SPIN

NSD 2016 was disappointing as a Bulldog. But,

1) we still signed some great players. The only reason why we are not as happy with some of them is because there was no drama in their recruitment.

2a) Mullen knows he got hammered this year. Maybe he got comfortable and thought he had it in his back pocket. He got a great lesson that he has to be as relentless with recruiting as he wants players to be on the field. Which brings me to...

2b) Mullen has already began addressing the recruiting situation by hiring Sirmon and Buckley who are both nationwide recruiters (something we have not had much of other than Brewster and Billy G).

3) Mullen still has another hire to make and could possibly make more changes on the staff.

4) OM is about to get blasted the NCAA and we are not. (Some of you take this for granted because you forget that probation is what landed us Sly Croom.)

5) We still have great talent on the team. Honestly, we are really just complaining about 3 players we feel we should have had.

Feel free to add more or disagree.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

4) OM is about to get blasted the NCAA and we are not. (Some of you take this for granted because you forget that probation is what landed us Sly Croom.)
    I would be quite content if the only punishment TSUN was handed was them being force to hire Croom and McCorvey for a period of 4 years. That in itself would be a bowl ban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I would be quite content if the only punishment TSUN was handed was them being force to hire Croom and McCorvey for a period of 4 years. That in itself would be a bowl ban.
    Post of the year! How do we make it happen. Heck Croom and mccorvey was almost the death penalty!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

(We also just came off the Redmond 2 year probation this past summer.)
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-04-2016 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Four years of Croom, then four with a tanned and rested Hootie Dale Nutt, .. (they're already paying him)

vCash
    ONe thing that is making everyone down on this class and I think it is a major one is the fact Ole Miss did so well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    ONe thing that is making everyone down on this class and I think it is a major one is the fact Ole Miss did so well.
    You nailed it and it's the real source of pretty much all the discontent, along with losing to them the last two years. You turn one of those games around and things would be a lot quieter. Turn them both around and we are, if not on top of the world, pretty dang happy. I agree it sucks and has to be turned around but you can't lose sight of the larger picture. Our football program IS in the best shape it's been in that any of our fans can ever remember, unless you are old enough to remember Allyn McKeen. There aren't many of those people around these days. It's time to step back from the ledge, there is no real reason to be there anyway. It's time to get back to looking and talking about what is right, instead of whining about what's wrong. The whining ain't gonna help a thing and it really does hurt some, despite the macho internet cowboy assertion that it doesn't. If you want to emulate Ole Miss, start by how they present themselves online.

vCash
    Mullen has already hired a safeties coach. His name is a pain in the ass to spell so I'm not going to try. He was the former CB coach at Iowa State. Played corner at Baylor and is from Mosquite, Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    Mullen has already hired a safeties coach. His name is a pain in the ass to spell so I'm not going to try. He was the former CB coach at Iowa State. Played corner at Baylor and is from Mosquite, Texas.
    Maurice Linguist